The online racing simulator
FXO, 15 laps at Fern Bay Black
(8 posts, started )
#1 - tvpro
Looking for a set for FXO at FBB for a 45 minute race or so. The one on teaminferno is quite old and not up to date with patch Y. Could anyone maybe help me with a set up for this combo? Main concern is tires, they are red with the Team Inferno setup when going into lap 3.

Anyone could help a poor racer out?
not that much you can do with the FXO there, try to be more gentle with the throttle. But a general direction is to raise the tyre pressure and lower camber (more positive) on the front tyres. you should check your brakes as well so you do not lock them under braking.
#3 - tvpro
Quote from csurdongulos :not that much you can do with the FXO there, try to be more gentle with the throttle. But a general direction is to raise the tyre pressure and lower camber (more positive) on the front tyres. you should check your brakes as well so you do not lock them under braking.

I drive mouse + kb. Hard to "be gentle". I'll try the camber tip though.
#4 - tvpro
Quote from THE WIZARD DK :I Agree with the above post. Less Skidding in corners help you keep tires for longer and also in braking.
My rule is. the less the tires are hear able, the better...so if no sounds comes from the tires you know they hold up for longer.
If you skid much it doesnt..

Inferno set ups
Converted from X to Patch Y...

If using kb you might wanna try setting "styreutslag" to 15%.

Good race.

Wow, thanks a bunch. But what does 'skidding' mean?
sliding, scrubbing tyres
When i used to use the mouse i would rather have my brakes bias a bit further back than most sets. Another thing i used to do was only apply throttle in a straight line. If going around a corner where the throttle needs to be applied in moderate amounts, then apply it in spurts. Heres an example through the AS National hairpins and in T1, it's in the FZR but it's the same principle.
#7 - tvpro
Quote from BenjiMC :When i used to use the mouse i would rather have my brakes bias a bit further back than most sets. Another thing i used to do was only apply throttle in a straight line. If going around a corner where the throttle needs to be applied in moderate amounts, then apply it in spurts. Heres an example through the AS National hairpins and in T1, it's in the FZR but it's the same principle.

Thanks, how do i get the Throttle/Brake thingys that shows how much is applied? I drove 15 laps in a race jsut now actually, the tires cool down after a while, especially in the last part of the track. It warms up in the first part also, but not after the hairpin before the bridge.
Options>Display>Show Pedals

(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG