The online racing simulator

Poll : To drive endurance races or not?

Yeah - don't let some DQ discourage you
No - if it happens during a short race, it'll be worse in longer ones.
Should I drive another endurance race in LFS after what happened?
Sounds like a stupid question, and probably is. But, recently I got disqualified RIGHT ON THE FINAL LAP as I pitted for repairs (I was many laps down.) I worked hard on my skin and setup to do well, and a DQ is what I get.

Stupid me.
Stupid.
Stupid.
Stupid.
Quote from GTR_Yuni :Sounds like a stupid question, and probably is. But, recently I got disqualified RIGHT ON THE FINAL LAP as I pitted for repairs (I was many laps down.) I worked hard on my skin and setup to do well, and a DQ is what I get.

Stupid me.
Stupid.
Stupid.
Stupid.

Stupid post.
Stupid.
Stupid.
Stupid.

Learn from mistakes, try again next time. You're not the first person I've heard bitching about messing up/been messed up in a certain race. Shit happens.
Quote from GTR_Yuni :Sounds like a stupid question, and probably is. But, recently I got disqualified RIGHT ON THE FINAL LAP as I pitted for repairs (I was many laps down.) I worked hard on my skin and setup to do well, and a DQ is what I get.

Stupid me.
Stupid.
Stupid.
Stupid.

You weren't Disqualified AFAIK, you were black flagged for repairs because the condition of your car was causing a danger to the other racers - you narrowly missed taking someone out IIRC
1) It's only a game.
2) #1 bears repeating.
racing is fun, if its not fun then don't race.
"you win some, you lose some"

Stupid me.
Stupid.
Stupid.
Stupid.

Aww sucks But hey, learn from your mistakes Next time you'll do better. You can ask anyone here, I'm sure we've all had our bad moments (especially Zeugnimod). Just take some time to look back and think about what happened and what you can do to avoid it next time from happening
Don't give up... Or i'll call you a quitter for the rest of your LFS career.
Stop being such a girl. Get back in the seat, grab the bull by the balls and race your heart out!
yes you should, you can be more stupid
there were enough f1 drivers in australia who would have been glad to have got to the second lap.

we all get bad races / days / years / decades etc, don't let it get you down just get on with it and remember you use this sim because you enjoy it and it's meant to be fun, so don't take things too seriously and that goes for any games you play, i saw 2 people in cod4 the other day arguing on how you allow for wind in real life on a barret .50 cal FFS
Quote from AK-Chester :Some people have strange desires. :sour:

Yeh I was gonna point that out... :juggle:
Learn and get back into the driving seat!!

Racing LFS isn't always fun, but is always rewarding if you put in a good performance.

Next milestone for you is to complete an endurance race. Then finish in top 8, then top 5....etc.

You won't believe your progress if you take each race one at a time.

NEVER GIVE UP!

PS: Finished 1st out of 8 cars today on a fun server. Overtook 2nd place on the last turn of the second last lap, all I needed was to hang on to win....not only did I hang on, but my last lap was a PB!!!

How about that for a reward....absolutely loved it.
@Peter : It's not the skill that lacks, its the fact that he always disconnects last second lol
Quote from evilpimp :@Peter : It's not the skill that lacks, its the fact that he always disconnects last second lol

He was disqualified I thought?
Oh, maybe. Sorry :P

But yeah either ways don't get discouraged!!!
#22 - J.B.
Why did you get disqualified?
Hmm, well I mess around with bots a lot, and run 20 lap race sometimes to test setups, tires especially, anyways, I always force a pit stop, I do this to have as much practicing pitting as possible.. Anyways, several times I tried pittin on the last lap, right before the end of the race, and I was disqualified, but it gave me a reason, said I pitted too late, so this may be entirely unrelated. Edit: I remember once it disqualified me for pitting on the second to last lap as well, and I hadn't entered for no reason, I had minor damage, even though it was a required pit I still had a reason, so I can't figure why, maybe related? Anyone?
He was black flagged for repairs, but got a penalty for speeding in the pits. There wasn't enough time left to serve the penalty, so he crossed the line with a DTP and was disqualified
Ah, right. Had no idea he had speed in the lane.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG