The online racing simulator
Server Problem Tried everything plz help
alright i know this probley should be in the lapper section but i not sure its lapper i have a server setup running under wine on my Dual Xeon BSD box local here and lapper running on my win box i can connect lapper to another server everythings fine i connect to mine and it wont list the drift lap points i've rewritten configs gotten newer lapper.. compleatly resetup the server i've also uncommented any needed drift lines in lapper im kinda stumped here and i consider myslef a prety good network admin

i'd appreicate any help thanks
Have you checked the obvious - like you've enabled insim on your server, and that you've allowed access through the firewall?

Also something to note is that when you set the /ip directive insim will also be bound to this IP only.
i know insim is on on the server the / comment removed however i do have the /ip directive set to the ip of the server itself.. my insim runs on a seperte box. shouldnt have to port forward both on a local network with all firewalls off i turned it off about 4 days back when i thought that may be a problem
Quote from DftKing :i know insim is on on the server the / comment removed however i do have the /ip directive set to the ip of the server itself.. my insim runs on a seperte box. shouldnt have to port forward both on a local network with all firewalls off i turned it off about 4 days back when i thought that may be a problem

its more like its blacklisting me when its my server because it will do it for others on the servers sometimes but never me over a period of 6 days i've also tried clearing the pb files in lapper and even removeing them and trying to let it remake them. nothing
If your system running lapper is on the same local subnet as the server running the dedi host then port forwarding is never going to be an issue and I'm not entirely sure why you've even brought it up. But nevermind...

You mentioned that you have the /ip directive set. If the machine only has a single address then theres no reason to set it, although it shouldn't hurt.

Presumably you've also checked the admin password is set correctly in the lapper config and matches the config that LFS is using?

Any chance you could edit the dedi config file and set /log=mylog.txt and then try to connect lapper (you'll have to restart the LFS dedi in order for it to kick in), and see what gets logged in that file regarding InSim?
Quote :
load bans^M
load font^M
create english file^M
kb : Latin 1^M
initialisations^M
tables^M
load objects^M
start intro^M
Fern Bay^M
end of initialisation^M
Track loaded^M
InSim : packet received before ISI packet^M
InSim - UDP : LFSLapper^M
/msg Bienvenue cher host^M
Bienvenue cher host^M
Welcome to LFSLapper powered server !(qual mode)^M
Type !help after leaving garage to see commands.^M
Total laps done on XFG/FE3R = 0-This session = 0^M
Your actual friendly Position (all visitors) : 0/0^M
Your actual League prequalify Position : -/-^M
Estimate Pool : -^M
A new guest is connecting^M
Actually, there are 87 LFSLapper powered servers^M
[TSL]NikTek^L connected (DftKing^L)^M
/msg Bienvenue cher [TSL]NikTek^M
Bienvenue cher [TSL]NikTek^M
/msg AutoGears AutoClutch CustomView^M
AutoGears AutoClutch CustomView^M
/rcm Please, brake in time !^M
/rcm_all^M
/rcc_all^M
A new guest is connecting^M
chybo^L connected (driftography^L)^M
/msg Bienvenue cher chybo^M
Bienvenue cher chybo^M
chybo^L left the pits (XRT)^M
/msg AutoClutch^M
AutoClutch^M
/msg [TSL]NikTek is idle ! Spectate in 10 seconds^M
[TSL]NikTek is idle ! Spectate in 10 seconds^M
/spec [TSL]NikTek^M
/msg [TSL]NikTek spectated for non-activity! track cl^M
[TSL]NikTek spectated for non-activity! track cl^M

thats most of the output i dont see much regarding lapper besides the ISM packet
Theres the problem.
Quote :InSim : packet received before ISI packet^M
InSim - UDP : LFSLapper^M

You'll get that if you try and use an InSim v3 application on a version of LFS that uses InSim v4, or vice versa. Failing that the version of lapper you are using is buggy.

What version of the LFS dedi are you using? (the latest can be found here - http://www.lfs.net/?page=addons)
What version of lapper are you trying to use, and where did you get it from? (the latest can be found here - http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=25756)
i have LFS Dedi Y

and i had lapper 5.51 and i upgraded to 5.52 no change also 5.51 did fiine before and did fine on another server i connected it to.. its semes only my server it wont work on.. im not sure why it connects does everything fine execpt give the ponts at the end of the lap. sometimes it will zip up with a new pb but it never totals the lap ponts unless there is a new pb made and also like i said before it semes to only do it to me im not for sure some ppl have reported it doing it to them too. however i've seen other ppl get the lap ponts when its not a PB
a further error. is my server refuses to show in the list but ppl find it never the less i dont know if this could be a underlying cause
I'd suggest either posting directly in the lapper thread for assistance, or waiting for someone experienced with it to come along. Unfortunately I don't use lapper myself, so I'm at my limit of knowledge with it.

With regards to it not showing up in the list, I'm guessing you mean that it doesn't show up in the list for you only (on a computer on the same subnet as the server is running on), in which case this is "normal" (I use that word loosely) behaviour on some routers and how they deal with port forwarding (it's to do with which interfaces are listened to for the port forwarding to occur, in short). That said, it maybe an obscure issue you've got and it's manifesting itself in this behaviour also... although that strikes me as unlikely.

Edit: meh, bed time I think.. the text is getting wavey...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG