The online racing simulator
H Shifter Help
(5 posts, started )
H Shifter Help
Hello All,

Hopefully someone can help me. I have just built and H-shifter (using a wingman ffb joystick) and am trying to make it work in LFS. I have it working in rFactor so all of the basics are there. I have selected the shifter option in LFS and have configured the keys that I want to use to register keystorkes, the problem is LFS is not recognising it. It is not a problem with the FF shifter programmer either because even when I press the keys on my keyboard LFS does not shift into the correct gear and just stays in neutral.

Can anyon help?

In short, I have checked the shifter option in controls and configured my keyboard keys, however when I press those LFS does not change gear?

Thanks.
Quote from dave81983 :Hello All,

Hopefully someone can help me. I have just built and H-shifter (using a wingman ffb joystick) and am trying to make it work in LFS. I have it working in rFactor so all of the basics are there. I have selected the shifter option in LFS and have configured the keys that I want to use to register keystorkes, the problem is LFS is not recognising it. It is not a problem with the FF shifter programmer either because even when I press the keys on my keyboard LFS does not shift into the correct gear and just stays in neutral.

Can anyon help?

In short, I have checked the shifter option in controls and configured my keyboard keys, however when I press those LFS does not change gear?

Thanks.

Make sure you use a car that is equipped with H-shifter in LFS, these are the road cars and FWD GTR-s and FZR if I remember correctly.
Thanks for the suggestion. I was using the XR GT so it should hav worked but I have tried most of them.

Any other ideas???
Quote from dave81983 :Thanks for the suggestion. I was using the XR GT so it should hav worked but I have tried most of them.

Any other ideas???

Hm, do you use the clutch when you are trying to shift? (I know, stupid question but I don't have any other ideas right now) Check if LFS recognizes your keypresses at the controls/shifter screen.
Thanks all for your help. The problem was when you select shifter LFS assumes you don't want to use auto clutch and wont let you change gear without it. As I don't have a clutch pedal (yet) it wouldnt let me change gear. I have turned auto clutch back on and the problem is solved.

Thanks.

H Shifter Help
(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG