The online racing simulator
Auto Restart Countdown Timer...
(8 posts, started )
Hi.. just wondering how i can get on my mates server ( im admin ) a coundown timer to auto restart.. E.g..

The race has just finished and server is counting down from 2:00 minuites to restart! ( I'd like the countdown to be displayed at top of the screen also )

The [Noobs]Sumo server has this auto restart count down timer on there server!

Thanks alot..
you could try out the program we're making. it's no where near finished, but has what you want. you could turn off the other stuff in the program to have just the auto restart. or you could download the source and compile just the restart function.
http://code.google.com/p/lfsservercontrol/
Hi,

Just started to look at this. Noticed in the config file there is an option to set the Insim Prefix (default $), and when typing $ in game, its not displayed in the text.. but are there some kinda in server commands?

And are they documented anywhere?

Thanks.
Quote from burnsy1882 :it's no where near finished

the prefix is for typing commands used with the program that are not shown in the chat messages. right now, $rules works to redisplay the user agreement thingy. i have plans for a $help menu to contain buttons to the other menus that are in my head . but right now, henry and i need to start migrating to mysql/sql express as we've kinda reached the limit of in-program hashtables and such (lots of asynchronous accessing problems going on). give us a some time, and many more features will be added soon, along with the fixed idle racer spectate feature (guess i'm not as smart as i thought ).
Cool, seems like its going to be something useful, so keep it up.
The 'Driver Briefing' function is excellent. We're using just that on our server and very much appreciate you making it available.
no problem. you can change that agreement.txt file how you like. you use the [H] before a sentence to indicate that it is a heading and it'll show that sentence in a different color. but if you do change the agreement.txt file, you must make sure you count the lines, and change the number of lines in the config.ini file, otherwise it'll either cut off the lines, or add extra lines.
Quote from burnsy1882 :no problem. you can change that agreement.txt file how you like. you use the [H] before a sentence to indicate that it is a heading and it'll show that sentence in a different color. but if you do change the agreement.txt file, you must make sure you count the lines, and change the number of lines in the config.ini file, otherwise it'll either cut off the lines, or add extra lines.

Yep. Worked that bit out. Thanks for the info.

(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG