The online racing simulator
The old days...
(42 posts, started )
Quote from racer hero :I will have my server set up to any combo you guys want with the TBO's. Please use 6% restriction on the FXO.
Server name is °RP° Rising Phoenix

Kenneth

How often will your server be up and what time zone are you in?

Oh, and thanks a million!
Quote from Motordirex :How often will your server be up and what time zone are you in?

Oh, and thanks a million!

It is up 24/7. Im in EST time zone. Please PM me for any further chat, I dont want to advertise on the CTRA forum, they might get mad
#28 - SamH
Kenneth, if you can get an active TBO server popular and populated, the last thing we'll do is get mad If you can succeed where we fail then all credit to ya
Quote from racer hero :I will have my server set up to any combo you guys want with the TBO's. Please use 6% restriction on the FXO.
Server name is °RP° Rising Phoenix

Kenneth

lol, 6% now :P
but I had a great 9th to 1st race on your server today.
Quote from SamH :Kenneth, if you can get an active TBO server popular and populated, the last thing we'll do is get mad If you can succeed where we fail then all credit to ya

Cant ya work together on this...get his server running CTRA? Im no techy so I dont know all whats all involved, just thinking out loud.
#31 - SamH
Not really, no (apart from a certain technicality which would pose some problems for Kenneth on his own server at the moment), we're running a TBO server already.

A very small number of people are grumbling that the server caters for LRF as well as TBO, and therefore isn't a true TBO server. However, the evidence shows that there are not enough TBO drivers to fill the server on a regular basis. We ran the server for months as TBO-only, and it sat empty. We ran LRF for months and it sat empty. Now we merged LRF and TBO, and we have a much more active server.

I'm afraid that I'm simply not willing to kill off Race 2 AGAIN, for the sake of 1 or 2 forumers who only want to race TBO when they can't, and barely race at all when it's sitting right there (because it's LRF as well as TBO). I think genuinely dedicated TBO drivers would drive it whether it's a multiclass server or not.
works fine as a multi class, lrf fast enogh to overtake tbo without either lrf or tbo losing time.
I and a few friends here in the states want to get up to our silver licenses and start populating the Race 2 server during the hours that most many European drivers are not on. Hopefully putting 3 or 4 drivers in those hours will attract more people to that server as a start. I really would like to see more N. American and S. American drivers. I am currently at bronze and we normally end up perfecting our Black Wood Setups and techniques during those hours on demo servers. Rough racing the demo servers are. Funny we have made a 3 month career out of Black Wood, but hey I guess that is LFS for us. Not really as good on SO and FE tracks yet, though we have put in some effort. We try and stay away from the Lock Diff setups and stick to LSD sets which seem to require more time to perfect, but we like the results and the way the cars handle with the work put into them.
Quote from jbirdaspec :I and a few friends here in the states want to get up to our silver licenses and start populating the Race 2 server during the hours that most many European drivers are not on. Hopefully putting 3 or 4 drivers in those hours will attract more people to that server as a start. I really would like to see more N. American and S. American drivers.

Exactly! I appreciate running TBO's on the Phoenix server, and I will race it when I get the time next week, but would like to race a decent CTRA server thats not Race 1 or single seaters for N. Americans.

Quote from jbirdaspec :We try and stay away from the Lock Diff setups and stick to LSD sets which seem to require more time to perfect, but we like the results and the way the cars handle with the work put into them.

Gee, I feel like a simple "gamer" reading things like that, cuz I cant tell the difference. Either it works or doesnt work. I dont know enough about racing cars to know WHY its working or not.
Quote from Motordirex :

Gee, I feel like a simple "gamer" reading things like that, cuz I cant tell the difference. Either it works or doesnt work. I dont know enough about racing cars to know WHY its working or not.

=) It makes a big difference in your tire temps once you have reached a certain level of skill in the TBO's. I have found with the RB4 that most WR sets, and most sets in general use locked diffs and the tires don't last for more than a few laps. I put a clutch pack on the front with a low preload, you want to be as low as possible, without effecting too much stability. I have found that by doing this you can get the RB4 to hold tire temps as well as an XRT, it also helps to 'free' up the car, remove power from the front tires (I usually run less than 35% bias) and remove as much ARB as possible. Less ARB's overall increase the 'grip' of the tires =) Too little though increases body roll too much which again decreases your grip.
Quote from Christopher Raemisch :=) It makes a big difference in your tire temps once you have reached a certain level of skill in the TBO's. I have found with the RB4 that most WR sets, and most sets in general use locked diffs and the tires don't last for more than a few laps. I put a clutch pack on the front with a low preload, you want to be as low as possible, without effecting too much stability. I have found that by doing this you can get the RB4 to hold tire temps as well as an XRT, it also helps to 'free' up the car, remove power from the front tires (I usually run less than 35% bias) and remove as much ARB as possible. Less ARB's overall increase the 'grip' of the tires =) Too little though increases body roll too much which again decreases your grip.

Or in other words. He has the RB4 setup to be as close to the RWD car as possible. Sorta.
Quote from Motordirex :Exactly! I appreciate running TBO's on the Phoenix server, and I will race it when I get the time next week, but would like to race a decent CTRA server thats not Race 1 or single seaters for N. Americans.

We need a way for promoting LFS in the Amerca's. There are plenty that get on it here, but there could be more. Many are missing out that just don't know about it.

Quote from Motordirex :Gee, I feel like a simple "gamer" reading things like that, cuz I cant tell the difference. Either it works or doesnt work. I dont know enough about racing cars to know WHY its working or not.

It's the tire scrubbing, heat, extra noise and excessive understeer in fwd cars that bothers me. I like to ease my tires to proper temp and not grind them on the tarmac. During racing where you are between other cars it really helps maintaining the cars pace, because you don't have to make a crazy understeering corner that uses the whole track. It works because it will allow your drive tires to turn at different speeds in the corner so there isn't as much loss of traction to those wheels under acceleration and deceleration.

I don't consider anybody that enjoys LFS to be classified as simple at all.
Quote from jbirdaspec :Or in other words. He has the RB4 setup to be as close to the RWD car as possible. Sorta.

More or less =) Sprints it's fine but for long races almost every setup I have seen would need to be 'freed up' to get the car to rotate on corner entry and exit to stop overworking the fronts =)
#39 - Dru
Thanks to Chris's help I managed to get an RB4's front tyres to last 31 laps around BL1R at the weekend.

Thanks Chris buddy
Quote from Dru :Thanks to Chris's help I managed to get an RB4's front tyres to last 31 laps around BL1R at the weekend.

Thanks Chris buddy

Awesome! I hoped they would, Glad I could help =) they lastesd 10 laps battling Moose so I thought they were up for the job =)
Quote from jbirdaspec :We need a way for promoting LFS in the Amerca's. There are plenty that get on it here, but there could be more. Many are missing out that just don't know about it.

It's the tire scrubbing, heat, extra noise and excessive understeer in fwd cars that bothers me. I like to ease my tires to proper temp and not grind them on the tarmac. During racing where you are between other cars it really helps maintaining the cars pace, because you don't have to make a crazy understeering corner that uses the whole track. It works because it will allow your drive tires to turn at different speeds in the corner so there isn't as much loss of traction to those wheels under acceleration and deceleration.

I don't consider anybody that enjoys LFS to be classified as simple at all.

I got a chance to turn some laps on the TBO server FXO, and messed around with the diff settings. It wasnt perfect but I noticed a difference, felt pretty good.

Anyone have a good setup for the FXO they wanna share?
and when ctra was still the same , we where saying that they dont chance anything .

or maybe they where allready dead

The old days...
(42 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG