The online racing simulator
#1 - richy
how do i find people to race with
hi there,

i hear that public servers are not very clean. although it seems its as clean as i am, i feel like sometimes blue flags are ignored or people pull onto the track or dont give position to a car that is making a good move, and i feel like race after race is becoming dull-ish. need a little bit more competition or pressure to make the race exciting, or people to laugh with cos i finished last

so i see some guys who are part of a racing club or something, is there any UK racing clubs that are quite active, as i got lots of time to play LFS and wanna chat with guys about the game and learn to race really well and also so i can have a cool skin like thats the same as my team mates

Leagues sound like a lot of fun, i think by just joining random servers i am missing out on a whole other side of LFS, how can i find a really active uk racing team??
there are lots of servers... use mates@track or something else once you find some people you like to race. Stick to servers with good reputations but dont be afraid to try out others. .

one side of me wants to try and help more and the other side wants to flame you.
#3 - Wakey
Clean Racers Club is the one. There's lots of events being run all the time. Go and register and apply to be an applicant. Spend a bit of time on the CRC servers (always at the bottom of the list), race some full members and if you are clean, they'll vote you in.

This way the club is a selet few of good clean drivers. I rarely play on public servers now.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
#5 - th84
yea people would like you to think that all public servers are a madhouse, but this is just not true! there are a couple of servers to stay away from , but most of them you will find good, clean racing without having to deal with the b.s. that goes along with being involved in certain "clubs"!!!
League racing is great, but there are still accidents and some over zealous drivers there too. You cannot get away from all of it. So in that way, it very much mimics real life But, leagues are not good for a quickie pick-up race. Leagues are more about heavy practice for a very competitive race once every two weeks.

Watch for names of drivers that you do have good races with. Put them on your buddy list in LFS World. Use the Live Alert feature to see when and were they are online. Join them on those servers and chances are, you will have a much better experience.
#7 - richy
i didnt mean it as a bad thing i just thought i was missing out on a better part of LFS, im not very confident in the car yet i still cant get lap times anywhere near the good people.

im loving the racing that goes on already but most public servers ive been racing on have people who hot lap so you get blue flagged people sitting on your rear end for ages putting you off even if youre in third and they pitted 20 times that race, they got a fresh car out of the pits but your worn out banger is still on lead lap trying to make your way round.

maybe im just on a difficult server and im not good enough but having so many fresh cars pouring out of the pits into your race can be a bit, unsettling or maybe thats just me again.

in leagues do they have limits on how much you can pit in a race? do people pit as often? or are they pretty much the same as the public servers with loads of restarts?
if you like open wheel racing then go here http://www.owrl.de/news.php join and you will be in a league race this Saturday. its just a Qualifying race 42 laps at Westhill International.
Quote from richy :in leagues do they have limits on how much you can pit in a race? do people pit as often? or are they pretty much the same as the public servers with loads of restarts?

All the leagues I know of don't have rules on the amount of times you pit as such, but "Insta-pitting (shift-s) is forbidden."

Also, most only have one start. Mess that up, or wreck it, and that's it race over. Needless to say most (I said most) people are more cautious on the first lap until it's settled down a bit. In a long race it's not so important if you lose a place at the start (depending on who it is ).
Quote from th84 :yea people would like you to think that all public servers are a madhouse, but this is just not true! there are a couple of servers to stay away from , but most of them you will find good, clean racing without having to deal with the b.s. that goes along with being involved in certain "clubs"!!!

join the [noobs] cow server. i love this server

(though th84 is a really big noob )
-
yeah i totally understand that internet games are like that ive played other various games online so i know what happens on servers like that, i been teamkilled on counterstrike many times on public servers its a more relaxed atmosphere in those servers i guess but its nice to hook up for a proper meet with some friends and race like a sim like a clan match is a whole other side to that game.

maybe i will try and start a newbie race team i just made my first skin i think maybe i could spend some time doing some stuff for that, and just hire newbies like me to race properly though and try and learn quick.

who knows i only got this game a coupla weeks ago i still got loads to learn but i got the time will wait and see.
#12 - th84
Quote from Vendetta :join the [noobs] cow server. i love this server

Yea, feel free to stop bye any of our servers anytime you would like We try to be nice to everyone and help out as much as we can! But some people(vendetta) just cant be helped:P
-
#13 - th84
/me starts practicing for rematch, but wont tell kev what track we are racing!
-
#14 - th84
i thought we decided that you would choose the car and i would choose the track? it doesnt matter to me either way, someone i know will have a new sig this weekend!!! :P

i told you i was pretty wasted the other night, i dont remember what we decided
Quote from th84 :i thought we decided that you would choose the car and i would choose the track? it doesnt matter to me either way, someone i know will have a new sig this weekend!!! :P

i told you i was pretty wasted the other night, i dont remember what we decided

and then ill come into the server and own you all (if its so sprint 2 uf1)
#16 - th84
only if we decide to drift:P
-
#17 - th84
ok, mrt/so classic it is!!!!!

we have managed to ruin another thread!! lmao
-
ive changed my mind, im not even going to bother spending much time other than just driving and doing my own thing, this game isnt worth it. im not even going to bother coming back here unless im going to the skinning forum.

well, today i have decided that i am DEFINATELY (bold and italic) not going to buy a steering wheel for my PC, i am going to cut my losses at paying for LFS. it seems i purchased it when it is past its prime as the feedback i get from replies and reading this forum hint that the best has passed. maybe this game is not the gem i thought it was.

i advise anyone who is about to get this game, dont.
#19 - th84
I dont understand!! what happened??
Quote from richy :

I think the exact OPPOSITE. BUY THIS GREAT GAME EVERYONE
What the hell? He must be drunk or someone is screwing around on his computer. illepall
I'm a bit scared, if he means the progress report thread...

:hidesbehi
Quote from richy :ive changed my mind, im not even going to bother spending much time other than just driving and doing my own thing, this game isnt worth it. im not even going to bother coming back here unless im going to the skinning forum.

well, today i have decided that i am DEFINATELY (bold and italic) not going to buy a steering wheel for my PC, i am going to cut my losses at paying for LFS. it seems i purchased it when it is past its prime as the feedback i get from replies and reading this forum hint that the best has passed. maybe this game is not the gem i thought it was.

say no to drugs kids. illepall
Quote from richy :ive changed my mind, im not even going to bother spending much time other than just driving and doing my own thing, this game isnt worth it. im not even going to bother coming back here unless im going to the skinning forum.

Well, that was quick....hmmm....
-
i think he's maybe suprized that he cant keep up with anyone. instead of thinking "man i really have alot to learn" he thinks "man this game sucks". or its the heroine talking.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG