The online racing simulator
Quote from haelje :yeah, it was the closest racing in full grids i had since today really close wheel-to-wheel-battles, all clear i think

hope to see you all there again, and perhaps we can start populating the SS3, it is BF1-time to come

Eh, I'd love to, but I'm still 1,481 points away from my International B .

The other thing is that there are only 18 drivers that are able to race on SS3, while there are already more than 100 racers that have National A, so it's natural that SS2 is getting more and more populated. I think this is going to happen on SS3 in a month or so as well .
Quote from dawesdust_12 :I was doing fantastic (faster than nearly everyone on the track)

Do you think anyone will believe that?
They will, because if they don't...

I will use my massive tube of man-ban on them.
i am having alot of problems trying to connect to this server it keeps saying things like "did not recieve track info" and when i do connect, i get disconnected after a few minutes. i tried a non-ctra server and i didnt have this problem.
Some top class racing on this server last night, one of the best nights racing I've had for a while

A big thanks to all the other tidy racers who made me realise it was time to stop hotlapping for now!

Encore!
Quote from HVS5b :Some top class racing on this server last night....

Indeed it was

First time I've raced LFS for a while and it was great to see a top quality line up on the grid for some excellent clean, competitive racing.

Loved it
I bet SS2 would be active more often and with greater numbers if it were FOX-only. Make SS3 FO8 and BF1.
Not trying to pick a fight Lat, as I have a lot of respect for you, but I simply don't get the logic in the idea that going from multi- to single-class would increase the participation on a server.

Personally I like the idea of adding FBMs to SS2.
Quote from JohnnyFX :Not trying to pick a fight Lat, as I have a lot of respect for you, but I simply don't get the logic in the idea that going from multi- to single-class would increase the participation on a server.

Well I do not agree with this, I don't see what's the point doing this, FBM would be completely uncompetitive on SS2.

Quote from Lateralus :I bet SS2 would be active more often and with greater numbers if it were FOX-only. Make SS3 FO8 and BF1.

I'd like to agree with this point of view. Actually I don't know any of formula racing leagues, where multiclass racing is allowed (in real life as well) and I see why, it's pointless racing with such a different cars at the same time, doesn't matter that FO8 is restricted, it's still way more faster than FOX and the racing is imposible between these two cars...

If this would be up to me, I'd would remove FjR from CTRA at all, leaving SS2 as single-class server and probably I'd remove BF1 from SS3, leaving it for FO8 only. Or even I'd remove FOX from SS2 leaving there unrestricted FO8 and BF1 on SS3, this would be ideal for me, but I'm sure this will never happen .
Quote from JohnnyFX :Not trying to pick a fight Lat, as I have a lot of respect for you, but I simply don't get the logic in the idea that going from multi- to single-class would increase the participation on a server.

Two reasons:

1) The FJR is broken and undriveable for a lot of people. Not all, but a significant portion.

2) A lot of people, myself included, join servers based on how many other cars their are in the server to race against. If a population is split evenly between two dissimilar cars, I have half as many cars to race against. If I logged onto SS2 when there were 8 connections, I'd probably have two or three cars to race. That's better than none, but it isn't very exciting either. I'm not always in the mood for that. Some drivers are rarely in the mood for a tiny race like that, and will instead go to a more populated server, even if the combo isn't as good.

All this said, I'll admit the server trend recently has spoken against this. If SS2 continues to have 20+ drivers online during the peak as has been the case on several days in the last week or so, it's working fine and nothing should be done. My arguments were formed when the server was consistently empty.
Quote from pauliaK :Actually I don't know any of formula racing leagues, where multiclass racing is allowed (in real life as well) and I see why, it's pointless racing with such a different cars at the same time, doesn't matter that FO8 is restricted, it's still way more faster than FOX and the racing is imposible between these two cars...

Probably none in real life for safety reasons, but the Gentlefoot Formula Challenge runs FO8 and FOX and it works well for us. I drive FOX and I've never made contact with a lapping FO8 in over a season of the GFC and hundreds of laps driven.

Caution is needed, but it's a lot of fun.
Well, for what it's worth..........

SS1 - FBM only

SS2 - FOX only (the FJR just isn't any good imo)

SS3 - FO8 (unrestricted) and BF1
Well, after obtaining the relevant license to drive the FJR at the weekend, I probably won't bother much until the upshift bug is fixed. It is certainly more noticeable on some tracks(/setups ?) than others, but is enough to completey spoil any fun to be had racing them.

The only single seater series I can think of with more than one class on track is Formula 3. They have International and National classes, but I can't seem to find the differences anywhere.
#64 - Dru
Quote from Bean0 :Well, after obtaining the relevant license to drive the FJR at the weekend, I probably won't bother much until the upshift bug is fixed. It is certainly more noticeable on some tracks(/setups ?) than others, but is enough to completey spoil any fun to be had racing them.

The only single seater series I can think of with more than one class on track is Formula 3. They have International and National classes, but I can't seem to find the differences anywhere.

http://www.fia.com/resources/d ... 08__AppJ_2004_Art_275.pdf

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG