The online racing simulator
Quote from word. :Global profiles or specific profiles?

Shouldn't really matter should it? They should work in both and if they don't it's driver error (the bug), not user error.

The major point of the control panel is having specific settings for specific games, using the global settings to force every game to use that settings is no use at all.

Thats why I stayed with the beta's that worked until the test patch and the in game AA/AF. I couldn't have my LFS settings when I was playing Crysis unless I liked playing at Etch-a-Sketch speeds and I didn't want to mess around with the global settings every time I wanted to play a different game.
Quote from word. :You guys just don't understand do you. What 169 driver was it. AS I SAID: drivers AFTER 169.21 are broken. Therefore 169.01/169.02/169.04/169.09 ALL WORK FINE.

OH. OK. I am using 169.21 drivers. The current drivers. Oh yeah and I don't have any problems. I'm not forcing the settings global either. I set them in in the NVidia Control Panel under the Live for Speed profile. Trying to isolate the problem to a certain type of GPU, OS or driver If the is a pattern or combination that fits. And since there are 2 popular OSs now and 2 types of GPUs on 8800 series card I thought I would take a stab at that and see. I couldn't recreate the problem, so I'm digging deeper.
new test patch allows to add AA and AF in game
Set the AA settings at the global settings and problem solved Cool
That's not a solution, but a workaround.

People, just download the 171.** drivers.
Quote from word. :Upgrade to 171.xx or 174.xx
Nvidia don't put all their driver releases on their official site
Lots of drivers are avaliable here http://downloads.guru3d.com/
I'm using 174.20 and the AA bug is fixed.

The 174.53 drivers are out now from Guru3D but it says they're not compatible with my hardware (8800GTS).

So next I'm trying a new version of nHancer which claims to get round the bug.
Ok, I've tested the nHancer 2.4.0 Beta 5 and it seems that it still makes sod-all difference.

I tried a load of different combinations and I still get the horrible shimmer-effect in the distance. It really is quite distracting, very annoying, and piss-poor for a card of this calibre.

Enlargement of a screenshot. This doesn't look too bad on its own but the image shimmers and causes distraction;
#33 - Jakg
174.53's wont work without having the inf modified.

174.16's here - XtremeG's. Runs AA fine.
Managed to get the .inf file into the folder and the drivers installed okay.
However, it seems that the nVidia Control panel now has more options and keeps bombing out with the error message "Parameter Incorrect"...

So I tried nHancer again. The mid-foreground DOES look better, the anti-alias has worked. And only slight shimmering in the distance now Smile
Didn´t want to open a new thread, so I post here:

My 8800 GT used to produce flickering even using 16x AF, 8xQ AA. I tried nhancer AA today and found out that 8SQ mode is a superior solution against flickering + offering supersampling which isn´t supported by the nvidia control panel.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG