The online racing simulator
S15 Headlight Template
(33 posts, started )
S15 Headlight Template
Feel free to modify this to suit your liking.

http://img401.imageshack.us/im ... 5headlighttemplateip8.png

Some of you may say this is familiar with the Design Dudes lights, the ones THEY made? Guess what...

http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/3883/s15decalsbt2.jpg

Perhaps if they do not want us to "steal" their lights, maybe they should stop stealing as well?
Lights are from a Nissan Silvia S15 created by a Racer.nl enthusiast.

"I Iz Back - Dylan =) says:
I Iz Back - Dylan =) says:
wow
they stole from racer
wow..."

T'was a "template" and a rant in one. Enjoy it!
EDIT : nvm
Quote from Ca18Slider :random...

Not that bright to name Dyllaan in here though. And have Design Dudes every claimed that the S15 lights were theirs? I don't think so... Thanks for the attempt anyway Reiel...
Quote from Riders Motion :Not that bright to name Dyllaan in here though. And have Design Dudes every claimed that the S15 lights were theirs? I don't think so... Thanks for the attempt anyway Reiel...

Even though you hated db,thanks RM for making a good point.
Quote from Riders Motion :Not that bright to name Dyllaan in here though. And have Design Dudes every claimed that the S15 lights were theirs? I don't think so... Thanks for the attempt anyway Reiel...

Very true.
wow , this is just crazy another e fight , this is like on torque when toni started banning
Emh, I can't stand it when they fuss about light stealing when they don't even use their own made lights.
[/randompost] LOLZORZ [random]
Exile, the drift "world" has been getting sober, why not get it fired up?
The "file" you posted looks like a scanned decal sheet for a scale model.
umm lmfao this thing makes me laugh more and more. Those lights were always public. We never made them,therefore we never told anybody that they were ours. They were released about a year ago, and stayed public on google. They are private on db website, because our psd files has our own bodykit which is private.
You are a bit wrong JTuned. The S15 lights on db internal section are different from these. Compare.
/me opens photoshop
Quote from Drift2007 :umm lmfao this thing makes me laugh more and more. Those lights were always public. We never made them,therefore we never told anybody that they were ours. They were released about a year ago, and stayed public on google. They are private on db website, because our psd files has our own bodykit which is private.

jtuned i put those on my skin and u said to take them off
Same here, hence why I got a little ticked when he said the lights were theres, and they had no right to be used. And no, I did not use your "bodykit." I used the lights, and were told to remove them. Clean and clear, because they were yours.

For everyone else, enjoy the lights.
Yea the template is from a RC decal sheet. Found it on a RC forum about 2 days ago. May have also been used in racer. But yea I've heard a lot about db asking people not to use their s15 lights, but I don't know if they are exactly the same or not, will check later.

Edit: Exact same with a slight edit. Although I have no problems with db since I never used them, just stating facts. They do make very nice hi quality skins that most of you have probably used in lfs. The reason they didn't want you to use "their" lights, is because they edited them, and did a nice job scaling them. You ripping it from their skins is very easy to align onto yours :P.
They are the same BadBoy, however, the main reason I released this as public is because I've had several many people telling me that they got in trouble for using the headlights, including myself. I'm not the only one who was ordered to take them off because "they were created by design dudes." Some creation, it came from a Racer car.

racer.nl
Read the edit on my previous post .
Did read, now look at the major differences. Also, I posted a link to where I cut them out. Why would i be ripping theres in that case?
Yea the difference isn't really noticable. But since you made your own template of em now, no need for people to copy and paste from db skins .
Exactly, argument and rant over. Now can we get some comments on the lights?
Quote from Ca18Slider :Exactly, argument and rant over. Now can we get some comments on the lights?

You are fabulous in doing copy/paste.

As long as you cant prove ( IM log, Forum post) that a Design Dudes member claimed that these were lights created by us, your rant is completely pointless. We kept them private for our own purposes, because we do not hold the copyright on them. The thing we don't want people to do without asking for permission is to edit our skins. So the fact you once opened one of our skins in Photoshop and ripped these lights off and the fact that you offer modified stuff for public use, where you don't know the author (maybe the fabricator of RC Cars) makes you guilty as hell. And there is no need for spamming in our forums.

Happy Easter
Yet you still used them, on a public game. I'm seeing a bit of guilt. Also might I point out I'm not the only one who had knowledge of what you did, you stole the lights. Period. Prove to me that I ripped your skin. of course I am going to align the lights to fit correctly, that's part of releasing these as a decent package. (Duh?) I also posted the original RACER car decal file, the same one that you used.
If anybody would like to create their own lights out of the original I posted, the "break" mark of the lights are where the "V" is. It fits almost perfect to the XRT with a little bit of tweaking.
Also, I would like to see the RC car that these were "taken" from, considering whoever did transfer those from a sticker to a 3-D model did a fabulous job.

I admire you trying to fight back against this and all, but I am still trying to figure out how you're accusing me of copying and pasting your S15 lights, considering I'd have to go through, oh I don't know.. one-thousand .DDS files to find it in skins_x?
Quote :Prove to me that I ripped your skin.

You are whining about light stealing?

Quote :Same here, hence why I got a little ticked when he said the lights were theres, and they had no right to be used. And no, I did not use your "bodykit." I used the lights, and were told to remove them.

You used the lights. If you found this source lately you must have ripped them off another skin before. Doesn't matter if it was a db skin.

You cant prove anything. You are pointless accusing people. Throwing mud on a great artwork site. You do not even have the courage talking to the people personally. Who are you may I ask, why havn't I heard anything of you in nearly 2 years of skinning experience?

The original RACER file? huh? It seems you have no plan what a texture is. This is a scanned decal sheet from a model car. You cut them out, put them in water for detaching the glue and place them on your model. This isn't a texture.
You accused me of it in your post, so I'm asking you to prove it - that isn't whining. Yes, they were ripped off of a skin. I, and others, have been accused of ripping them off of a Design Dudes skin. Maybe some have, probably. Probably used the whole "S15" skin you have. You have accused me
Quote :So the fact you once opened one of our skins in Photoshop and ripped these lights off and the fact that you offer modified stuff for public use, where you don't know the author (maybe the fabricator of RC Cars) makes you guilty as hell. And there is no need for spamming in our forums.

of stealing from one of your skins. No! I ripped these from a decal template for a RACER skin. Might I have to go and get another example from another car that was produced for RACER and prove this to you?

And speaking of talking to you personally, it's not like I have every MSN of every person in the world. Do I know your residence? No. Do I know anything about your contact information? No, and do I care? No. I released these as a public source. I am not "pointlessly" accusing people. Our lights are similiar, so yeah. We are both guilty of taking these from a RACER enthusiast's car. Maybe they were also from a RC car?

Okay, great. I am happy you have two years of experience with skinning. That's really a great and wonderful thing to have, huh? Because I do not release my own skins to the public means I do not have credibility?

S15 Headlight Template
(33 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG