The online racing simulator
Thinking about getting S2
(24 posts, started )
Is it worth it? Ive been drifting in the demo version for some time now.
And i feel its time to upgrade, is it worth the $56(AUD)

And if me and a friend went halfs in it, could we both play at the same time?

Thanks!
Best money I ever spent on a hobby.
Buy it...and Quit the drifting...lol
Hey, I think everyone here would tell you it's worth more than those 56 Australian bucks. And they'd be right :up:

No seriously, there is so much variation in the game that if you like the feel of the demo, you'll be thrilled with the full thing.

And yes, one license let's you play a friend over a LAN, but only you can take your license online.
Yes it's worth it. It's worth $100AUD

But you can only use an account online one at a time. You can, however, play over a LAN with the same licence. Don't let that stop you. If you want to play your friend online, you can both still use demo servers.
#5 - Jakg
Quote from Klutch :Is it worth it? Ive been drifting in the demo version for some time now.
And i feel its time to upgrade, is it worth the £32.15 ($56)(AUD)

Thanks!

hmmm, its less than 56 i think...
Quote from Jakg :hmmm, its less than 56 i think...

It's actually AUD $56.4937 as I post
#7 - Jakg
Quote from B2B@300 :It's actually AUD £32.43303 ($56.4937) as I post

ahhh, bu my firefox extension makes that £32.43303!
Asking the LFS community if LFS is worth it is hardly going to get you a response telling you that its not... It always seems like those who ask on the forum have already made their mind up but want someone else to blame for spending the money
#9 - Jakg
Quote from the_angry_angel :Asking the LFS community if LFS is worth it is hardly going to get you a response telling you that its not... It always seems like those who ask on the forum have already made their mind up but want someone else to blame for spending the money

Quote from tristancliffe :Yes it's worth it. It's worth $100AUD

BLAME TRISTAN! Blame Tristan!
#10 - Gunn
I paid Australian dollars for my S2 license and I must say that the license is worth much more than the actual dollars I paid.
Quote from jakg :ahhh, bu my firefox extension makes that £32.43303!

That's because it takes US Dollars and not Australian Dollars, silly

At first I was very skeptical about that buying-things-over-the-internet stuff, but then I forced myself to buy LFS and it turned out to be the best investment I have ever made. If you like the demo, you won't be disappointed by S2 full.
Quote from Jakg :ahhh, bu my firefox extension makes that £32.43303!

And when you take into account the extra charges banks charge you for the conversion its even more if you pay via credit card the real cost is closer to AUD $60.00

I bought GTR out of a sale bin for AUD $50.00 but ask me is LFS worth it? Most definately! I've played GTR for a sum total of about 3 hrs and LFS I've been playing several times a week for 2 years you do the math No other racing game or sim has got anymore than 3 to 6 weeks of interest out of me and most of the others I've bought which are too numerous to mention were mostly at AUD $89.00 and most of the others I shared with my old man, with LFS I bought him a license too
Quote from AtomAnt :Quit the drifting...lol

Yep, how about.. um.. no? I love drifting. Its my passion in life.

And im really pushing myself to buy it. Only problem is my friend wants to go halves. Looks like im buying a copy for myself.

So how much did it cost total? Going to use my brothers credit card, and pay him back.

Quote :No other racing game or sim has got anymore than 3 to 6 weeks of interest out of me

Same, only thing that got a year out of me was GT4!
Meh, GT4 took me less than 2 months (Feb 23rd to April 10th). And it was way less fun than LFS, mostly just tedious hotlapping by myself without any challenge.
all i can say is stop thinking , start buying
Quote from Klutch :Yep, how about.. um.. no? I love drifting. Its my passion in life.

And im really pushing myself to buy it. Only problem is my friend wants to go halves. Looks like im buying a copy for myself.

So how much did it cost total? Going to use my brothers credit card, and pay him back.

Same, only thing that got a year out of me was GT4!

Drift all you want. When you buy S2, ill drift with you sometime Youll meet lots of drifters, that are nice. Drifting has gained a bad rep in LFS, because most drifters are...well..dicks. Youll find out who you want to hang around with, and who you dont. Maybe even you can join an S2 team Have fun in S2! its well worth it!
These threads are so pointless, we know you are going to buy it, you know you are going to buy it.. why do you need to ask a forums if its worth it?
Quote from Klutch :Is it worth it? Ive been drifting in the demo version for some time now.
And i feel its time to upgrade, is it worth the $56(AUD)

Thanks!

Hey Klutch,

Check out this Aussie forum, has an LFS sub-section (where most Aussie LFS racers/drifters hang out) and at the bottom of the main page is the AustralAsian Drifting forum which might be of some interest to you

I'm fairly sure most people there are S2 licensed
Quote from whitey6272 :These threads are so pointless, we know you are going to buy it, you know you are going to buy it.. why do you need to ask a forums if its worth it?

Oh my God!
You killed the thread!
Quote from whitey6272 :These threads are so pointless, we know you are going to buy it, you know you are going to buy it.. why do you need to ask a forums if its worth it?

Because some people want re-assurance(sp?) before they buy it.
I already knew what the answer would be, i just needed to be told it.
yeah deffinatly buy lfs. Ignore the anti drifting wankers.
If you do buy s2, plz try and be a positive and friendly. and try to avoid fights.

lol these threads of people asking "should i buy s2" are never going to end. Sure it makes as much sense as going to an NRA forum and asking "should i buy a gun?" i just finnished playing swat 4... icouldnt think of a better example... plus its 1AM.
Quote from Vendetta :Drift all you want. When you buy S2, ill drift with you sometime Youll meet lots of drifters, that are nice. Drifting has gained a bad rep in LFS, because most drifters are...well..dicks. Youll find out who you want to hang around with, and who you dont. Maybe even you can join an S2 team Have fun in S2! its well worth it!

it sure is but just because you're into drift doesn't mean you can't do anything else either. i'm friends with some pretty important racers, and some damn impotant drifters as well. the best of both worlds.
The problem I have with threads like this is, they probably would like an unbiased opinion. It is asked in the LFS forum and what do you think everyone will say? Don't get it? Of course get it. It is the best out there. If I went to the GTL forum and asked the same for GTL, what answer would I get? I would get, yes it is worth it. In my opinion with trying the demo, it isn't worth the time I took downloading the demo let alone paying money for it. Go to the rFactor forum and of course you will get the same answer for rFactor, that it is worth it. Opinions OUTSIDE of the rFactor or GTL or even LFS forum would differ greatly from the answers you would get within their respective forums.

This is my unbiased opinion, yes, LFS is worth it!! A great sim, a great community, a great development team, and great racing. That is what I get for my $42 USD!!
Of course its worth buying, its not the be all and end all that some make it out to be, but for £24 is a damn good solid multiplayer racing sim.
Well worth a punt.

Dan,

(24 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG