The online racing simulator
What is FPS limitation good for?
I don't know, why is it good to limit our FPS in-game?
It slows down your CPU so that you gain power for other running apps? You don't need 200 FPS, so you limit it to 100 to save energy?
Or what?
#2 - Tisza
I think something like that... but i see no use for limiting FPS..

(ez egy szar opció... nem jó semmire sztem! )
To limit the fps jumping around. Some people claim they can notice when the fps fluctuate between for example 60 and 100, so then they limit the fps to 60 to get an even fps rate. YMMV.
#5 - Vain
I use it to stop my graphics card from heating up too much.
The card would run fine at 100% usage, but beyond 80 fps the electrical power merely heats up my feet instead of being used for something useful. Restricting fps also keeps the temperature within the PC-case low which has a positive effect on the CPU- and GPU-fan-speed/noise.
Notice that CPU usage isn't affected because the physics run at their very own fixed rate that has nothing to do with the frames per second on screen. However, with LFS being single-threaded and most modern computers having several cores CPU-power shouldn't be any issue.

Vain
^ That's true, it does help keeping the GFX card temperature in place.
Yeah - what Vain said is the main reason. There's no need to have your computer working overtime to get an extra 100 FPS that you won't notice anyway.

(Just like you don't drive in 2nd gear on the highway.)

((Unless you're my grandmother and you accidentally shift it into 2nd and then drive it 50 miles at the redline wondering why it sounds kind of loud))
#8 - Woz
I use it to limit FPS to around the minimum my GFX card produces. I am sat beytween the 50-100fps so the jump between 50-100 is more noticable than say 100-150..

Also as its a laptop it helps with heat.
I use it to get a smooth experience. My system maxes out at about 95 FPS, but a sudden drop from 95 to 75 looks awful and distracts the driving. So I've limited my fps to 75, so that it's always smooth. Never thought the heat thing, but I guess it also helps me that way, because I have a Nexus Breeze case full of old hot hardware.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG