The online racing simulator
courtesy cars and our views on quality.
(68 posts, started )
#51 - Jakg
Kia's aren't that bad, although I have no idea about the mechanics of them.

They are cheap(..ish), comfortable(...ish) and much maligned.

No way in hell are they fast though.

(My Dad has a 2.0 Diesel Cee'd estate. About as quick as my bike :P)
Honestly the diesel rio my dad has had got more torque than the golf and took it off the line. It is a fast car.
#53 - Jakg
It's a Diesel. Of course it has more Torque...

If it's a 1.4 Diesel Rio II...

"It’s a chain cam common rail 1.5 that pumps out 108.6PS (107bhp) and 235Nm (173 lb ft) torque compare to the belt cam 1.4 petrol engine that offers 95.6PS (94bhp) and 125.4Nm (92.5 lb ft) torque. The diesel does 0-60 in 11.2, tops at 110mph"
Quote from Jakg :It's a Diesel. Of course it has more Torque...

"It’s a chain cam common rail 1.5 that pumps out 108.6PS (107bhp) and 235Nm (173 lb ft) torque compare to the belt cam 1.4 petrol engine that offers 95.6PS (94bhp) and 125.4Nm (92.5 lb ft) torque. The diesel does 0-60 in 11.2, tops at 110mph"

Why do manufacturers call it differently from what it is.

Like Merc call their car an E63 but its only a 6.2 Uh-huUhmm.

Is it so it can be insured as a smaller engine size but has extra POWAAH from... somewhere? :hide:

Or is it because the CC of it is nearer to something else than what they say it it is
Quote from Luke.S :And my dads diesel rio beat a golf gti off the line.

its easy to beat parked cars... we talking about a new gti?? if so you sir are a liar.
Quote from Jakg :It's a Diesel. Of course it has more Torque...

it's a 1.5 CRDI LX old model version. New body style but old model name e.g lx,ls instead of I,II

Comman rail diesel injection. I timed it's 0-60 once and 11.2 is bull it does 0-60 in bout 9.3
Quote from Luke.S :It is a fast car...

If you think a bloody diesel Kia Rio is a fast car, than you obviously have'nt been in many fast cars.
Oh wait, i forgot you gone in a veyron......Big grin

Quote from Luke.S :...0-60 in bout 9.3

Absolute bullpoop. Any proof of that or is that your highly exagerated estimate?

Different model. Same engine...

CAR: Kia Rio 1.5 CRDi range
PRICES: £9,295-£10,295 - on the road
INSURANCE GROUP: 4D-5D
CO2 EMISSIONS:121g/km
PERFORMANCE: 0-60mph 11.5s / Max Speed 110mph
9.3 is absolute bull...

Kia are not exactly known for squeezing everything they can out of an engine. Its pretty much impossible to get the full potential out of the engine when it is built down to a price.

Also, most cars these days, the speedo is about 10mph out - give or take...so you were actually measuring the 0-50mph time.

Also 11.2 to 60 is a long time and no where near Golf GTi standards. My 1.6 petrol BMW does 0-60 is 10.something seconds. I will not be able to beat a Golf GTi...
Quote from Luke.S :Yeah but how about needing two cars. And Kia's are good cars. Most things are fitted as standard and they r cheap. And my dads diesel rio beat a golf gti off the line.

Why not buy something more stylish, better equipped, more economical (due to lack of weight) and if you shop correctly rather than buying cheap Korean rubbish more reliable second hand if your pushed for money buying a car?

Love your performance claims though Big grin
So... uh guys... My push bike, it can go 0-60 in about.. 5 seconds. Is that good?
Quote from dawesdust_12 :So... uh guys... My push bike, it can go 0-60 in about.. 5 seconds. Is that good?

Just take the train, all this talk of it being slow and late is bull. I timed it and it does 4000000000000mph and is never late.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :So... uh guys... My push bike, it can go 0-60 in about.. 5 seconds. Is that good?

Its not a bad time, but if you have the spare cash, i suggest getting a Trike. I timed my 2 year old cousin, and he got it to 60 in 3.5, so its quite an increase from your bike. It beaten an EVO off the line and knocked him out on the straights....intense stuff! Tilt
Ok, I went out, got a trike, and a MASSIVE wing. Guys, I just did 0-60 in 2.03 seconds. I almost crashed into the wall, but lucky the Brembo's I installed were able to stop me in time.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Ok, I went out, got a trike, and a MASSIVE wing. Guys, I just did 0-60 in 2.03 seconds. I almost crashed into the wall, but lucky the Brembo's I installed were able to stop me in time.

Thats SIIIIIICK! You should take it on "pinks" and race for a power wheeler....
You need to respray it racing pink
#67 - DeKo
Quote from Luke.S :Honestly the diesel rio my dad has had got more torque than the golf and took it off the line. It is a fast car.

no it isnt, ive driven a 1.5 diesel kia rio and i would use several choice swear words before i would use fast to describe it.
Quote from DeKo :no it isnt, ive driven a 1.5 diesel kia rio and i would use several choice swear words before i would use fast to describe it.

ROFL!

courtesy cars and our views on quality.
(68 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG