The online racing simulator
what has happened to race 1!
It seems nearly every race i get wrecked from some dirver behind wanting to try and force his way through, i slow down so i wont hit other people then he comes stomping through and pushes me into the cars in front , i dont know if its my bad luck but it seems to happen every race then i get a sorry there cars fine but my car you cant even drive, is there any way to sort this out but ive tried reporting all my claims where dismissed so why should i waste my time when there getting away with it.

im not trying to cause and argument to ctra but i bought S2 for clean racing and its far from what im getting at the moment!!
Why were your claims dismissed?

If a large number of reports have been dismissed, it strikes me that your perceptions about whose fault an incident was might be somewhat flawed.

EDIT - Speeeeed.
Not got it on the track, but the forums I'm not too bad with

Sam
#3 - J@tko
Quote from Antman :ive tried reporting all my claims where dismissed so why should i waste my time when there getting away with it.

Why were they dismissed?

EDIT: Hate you Sam
#4 - VoiD
Quote from J@tko :Why were they dismissed?

I bet 75% selected the wrong replay (the race before)

It may took a while to get familiar with the interface...

My reports-ratio:
10 x Dismissed (7 x wrong replay)
4 x Warned
4 x Cautioned
1 x Banned

...looks nice

Edit:

1 x Mid term ban
#5 - SamH
You've filed 2 reports so far, but they've both been dismissed. One because the accident was your fault, and the other because it was 50% your fault

It is important to watch the replay before you file your report. I think if you'd done that with these two reports, you probably would have spotted your own errors, deleted the reports and been working to fix the problems in your own racing style
-
(VoiD) DELETED by VoiD
Tbh, the way I saw you conduct yourself (and joining) in front of the leaders, I'd not put it down to bad luck. Could be wrong though. Also, one thing to keep in mind about slowing down is that if you slow down to below racing speed and stay on the racing line, sometimes it's hard to avoid no matter how nice the guy behind you is. I'm not saying there aren't aggressive numpties on CTRA1, but there's always more than one way to skin a cat.
well thankyou for your feed back i thought i would of been slated real bad but i know my errors now and wont post without watching the replay again.
Quote from Antman :well thankyou for your feed back i thought i would of been slated real bad but i know my errors now and wont post without watching the replay again.

Glad you had insight to know that you stepped wrong. The CTRA is supposed show people, like yourself, that online racing needs more than a person behind a steering wheel. We need drivers who think critically and assess situations so that they minimize the amount of problems on the track, just like the real drivers do. Not just racers either, every person who drives a vehicle in the world uses these skills, just to a lesser degree, well most drivers do anyways...

In simple terms we want to teach people that they are responsible for their actions even in this massively changing world today that revolves more and more around the internet. You are a prime example of the system working properly, and we are proud, not so much for ourselves, but you, the driver(s) who see can see that distinction!
Wise words, Chris, I'll doubtless be caught quoting them in the future...

Actually, Sam, get them on the website

Sam
i think there are too many noobs on race 1
With a 100% yellow flag ratio after 1200 laps I think you might be right.
Quote from Becky Rose :With a 100% yellow flag ratio after 1200 laps I think you might be right.

Ohh....Ouch Damn noobs
Quote from Becky Rose :With a 100% yellow flag ratio after 1200 laps I think you might be right.

loll, we found a camper
Quote from mutt107 :i think there are too many noobs on race 1

Maybe there are 'too many noobs' because Race 1 is the beginner-server. Or?

+++++1111
Well Antman,

The system does work because you've got me banned. I tried to do the "sorry by actions" thing during our race (march 8th), but rather than talk, you file (which is your right).

So, I wouldn't complain too severely.

Clearly, the replays can show a mistake, accident, or misjudgment from a multitude of perspectives.

In any case, I'll go ahead and apologize, publicly, as our incident clearly bummed you out.

I think the lesson for us newbies to learn is that you have to keep your head down and your cool in order to make it past the initial server levels.

T-

P.S. how does this appeal system work anyway?
Quote from tarball :Well Antman,

P.S. how does this appeal system work anyway?

A person "files" a report within LFS using the $? command and filling in the correct information.

Once the race is completed the driver filing the report logs on to MyCTRA and releases the report for CTRA to look at.

The CTRA admins review the incident described in the description and hand out penalties or words of advice for any problems seen.

A penalized driver has the option for an appeal after this stage and another admin will review the incident.
My thanks to antman for reporting, rather then "talking". Nothing's more annoying then two people bickering back and forth while the race is still going on.
thankyou tarball for understanding, i have learnt alot since then and have started to gain points only 1 or 2 but most races, the report system works, but their is still alot of shunting, which is expected going round the track but we should try and stop this and report more often to stop drivers even attempting this sort of thing in the future.
I'm not sure I agree with the comment about reporting rather than sorting something out in the server - if you don't want to read the messages of a debate while you're racing, that's why God gave us the '-' button. However, if a report's made which later turned out to be unnecessary, it has wasted the free time of whichever UKCT member was looking into it.

Neither option's perfect, but it's nowhere near as inconvenient for us to ignore a few messages than it is for the admins to have to download and review a replay.

Sam
I'm certainly not suggesting people make trivial reports, but I assume (well, hope at least) that everyone reviews the replays before submitting reports. I'll file a report anytime I see something questionable, doesn't make I'm actually going to submit it. That I do only after confirming via the replay that a report is called for.
My real point though, is that if someone does something that angers you enough to start slagging them off online, then you should report instead.
#22 - SamH
The number of reports that are submitted, which are subsequently dismissed, has been falling consistently since we launched. There are some things that we've done to help that, like preventing reports being submitted when people can't be bothered to find the LFS licence name of the person they want to report, or find which lap the events occurred. By and large the reports we process are good reports with valid and fully documented complaints.

Recently, we have noted an up-surge of tit-for-tat reports, or reports where there is clearly some additional subtext to what's going on - be it feuds carried over from other servers, or even from the forums, who knows.

These reports stand out like sore thumbs, because they're always packed full of conjecture and a whole load of not much else. In such cases, often reviewing the replay before the one reported, or the one after, tells the admin everything he needs to know about what the report is REALLY about.. but it is a worrying trend and probably the single biggest time waster now, for CTRA admins. The CTRA reporting system is not a hammer to hit your personal enemy with.

We've always said that, if it's worth the effort to moan about in the server then it's worth the effort to report. We mean that. What people don't seem to understand is that what we're saying is "shut up".
Thanks for that... since I have a semi-harsh "MID TERM BAN" I am unable to enter a CTRA server to avail myself of this process. What I am missing is my means (a link or something) to do the appeal. While my making peace with the reporter is not my contingency, I can't seem to find anyway to make contact, after-the-fact, to engage an admin on the matter.

I can see why Antman filed on me, and from his view, I would have done the same; but I think hearing from the accused might be a fair option. Since our behaviors are transparent, my past behavior (being a newbie) would show that what happened was an outlier.

In any case, I seriously dirgress...

SamH, or anyone who cares to answer, what recourse is there, after-the-fact, for appeal? I am affraid I am not grasping what to do on the CTRA site (despite the fact that it is a very well-done site).

Thanks,

T-

Quote from Christopher Raemisch :A person "files" a report within LFS using the $? command and filling in the correct information.

Once the race is completed the driver filing the report logs on to MyCTRA and releases the report for CTRA to look at.

The CTRA admins review the incident described in the description and hand out penalties or words of advice for any problems seen.

A penalized driver has the option for an appeal after this stage and another admin will review the incident.

#24 - SamH
You've created a password for MyCTRA already, so filing an appeal would normally be a case of signing in at www.raceauthority.com/myctra. However, since the 7 day appeal window is closed now, you'll need to PM do0f on this forum or email at ukct.net if you want to appeal an existing warn. Bear in mind that the penalty is determined by the CTRA admin, not the person that reported you.. and having watched the replay myself this evening, I don't think appealing is going to get anything changed. We take that stuff really seriously. Entirely up to you, of course
Quote from tarball :Thanks for that... since I have a semi-harsh "MID TERM BAN" I am unable to enter a CTRA server to avail myself of this process. What I am missing is my means (a link or something) to do the appeal. While my making peace with the reporter is not my contingency, I can't seem to find anyway to make contact, after-the-fact, to engage an admin on the matter.

I can see why Antman filed on me, and from his view, I would have done the same; but I think hearing from the accused might be a fair option. Since our behaviors are transparent, my past behavior (being a newbie) would show that what happened was an outlier.

In any case, I seriously dirgress...

SamH, or anyone who cares to answer, what recourse is there, after-the-fact, for appeal? I am affraid I am not grasping what to do on the CTRA site (despite the fact that it is a very well-done site).

Thanks,

T-

Well getting the accused also fill out a form would make life so much more difficult for the admin. The replay can tell everything a admin must know. They can select every view in each car and they can see if you applied any break or went on full throttle. They look at it in a objective manor. Becus they view several times from different angles. Report system works.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG