The online racing simulator
We're probably not expecting everyone who signed up to show up. Cause based on my past experience, there'll be almost always be those who signed up but not show up.

But if the count is more than 31 than we may have to do that knockout qualifying that they do in IRL, NASCAR and ARCA
oh my, core is here...
I can't wait to see how CoRe runs on the oval
With our right feet to the floor and the wheel turned left, mostly.
if its not too late i'd like to enter too

LFS Username:J Myster
Race Name:[GWR]J Myster
Number:101
Quote from DeadWolfBones :So... we have more drivers signed up than there's room for...

Are we counting on some not showing up, or will the top 31 in qualifying get to race?

Well judging by the turn out for the practice race - It should be fine... only 36% of those who said they would come actually came
LFS Username:HighRoad
Race Name:SFX HighRoad
Number:112
Cleared to run. (unless something pops up)

For entering on your own:

LFS Username: Zachary Zoomy
Race Name: Zoomy/[TC]>Zoomy</[TC]>Zoomy<[G25]
Number: 14
Now I'm scared 42 sign ups?

A maximum of 31 can race.

I would say that around 31 people will turn up.

If we are a couple over, then admins will ask those people who are competing and are in the same team (and are not already sharing a car, e.g. mista and kenneth) to share a car and so free up a spot. You do not have to do this, but would help the admins. If that isn't possible, then (sorry to have to do this - unless you come up with a better plan ) the last 10 people to sign up will have a pre-quali session, then the fastest go through.

BTW, we can only have 40 people on server - as that's the capacity
Jack, Why not host two servers and split them evenly to each server. I can provide both servers if needed.
Quote from mcgas001 :Jack, Why not host two servers and split them evenly to each server. I can provide both servers if needed.

This was my original idea. It's a good one, but there are a couple of problems:
  1. We'd have 2 winners
  2. We'd need (at least 1) more admins
  3. I'd need to find a way to split people up.
Number 3 is dead easy. Number 1 is a problem, but not a huge issue (We can cope with that) The second is a biggie. ATM, we have JO53PHS and NtrlBrnRacer SCing, and Dekojester adminning. It wouldn't be a problem if I was at home (im not ) as i'd admin the other race.

Any offers of adminning?
Well, Just work out positions by lap times? or maybe if i can pull something out of the bag. I could make a system to manage the positions by laps..?

Also: I can admin if needed?
I really don't like the idea of what would virtually be two Kyoto 250s. I'm sure a good few people on the sign up list won't turn up.
Dont do 2 servers, do it like nascar does. You qualify, top 31 race. Maybe there could be another server for the others so they can still have fun but they are ranked after the first server? We all qualify on one server though because only 1 driver is on the track at a time. There for there could be around 45 entrents?

Kenneth
2 servers = bad... plain and simple
I like the NASCAR quali thing
31 in the race. 45 drivers put in a qualifying time. Take the top 25 from qualifying and put them in the race. Take the other 20, put them in a 50 lap race, and transfer the top 6 to the main race.

Or, even this: take the field of 45, put #1, #4, #7, etc etc in race 1, #2, #5, #8 in race 2, and #3, #6, #9 in race 3, and take the top 10 from each race. Kind of like what USAC does.
Quote from racer hero :Dont do 2 servers, do it like nascar does. You qualify, top 31 race.

Keep it simple and true to oval racing. This system'll be fine (i doubt all 45 will show up anyway. If even 30 show up that'll be good )
As lizardfolk said it will most likely be fine, and If it isn't, we will find a way to make it fine. Take the LFSBC for example... there's a good handful of people who signed up but never turned up.

Please keep this thread for entries only
For entering on your own:
LFS Username:
brianmcd
Race Name:
CoRe.brian
Number:
My name still has not been added.
I would like to sign up last minute :P

LFS Username: LazLoW
Race Name: LazLoW82
Number: 82
Quote from Btoryo :My name still has not been added.

PM J@tko, but if ur name still doesn't show up dont worry about it and show up tomorrow anyway
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG