The online racing simulator
Hmmm
(12 posts, started )
Hmmm
first off i just want to say i dont even know why i made this thread lol

ive played lfs demo since before P and i think its time i bought s2.. but i dont really want to buy s2 because

1. computer cant take the online play very well (laptop)
2. parents wont let me use Credit card
3. we have broadband usage every month and mum watches closely
4. i keep getting told the online play isnt as much anymore

i dont know why i wrote this thread but yeh

thanks for your time to listen to my bla bla

lol

sam
Quote from R34king :first off i just want to say i dont even know why i made this thread lol[...]i dont know why i wrote this thread but yeh

If you have this thought twice, just don't click the Post button. Spare us the spam, please.
Quote from R34king :
4. i keep getting told the online play isnt as much anymore

Check your sources because all I ever do in LFS is online play, for 98% of my time in LFS... The other 2% is in replays.
Quote from Lateralus :If you have this thought twice, just don't click the Post button. Spare us the spam, please.

Misery guts

1. Laptop works just fine, if you have broadband then online will be ok.
2. Steel your mums credit card (no don't just joking), get someone you know to pay it by card/paypal and give them the money.
3. Surely your broadband is 'open' all the time and using it doesn't cost any extra?
4. Online play is better than most if not all other sims that i've tried, although I must admit during Aussie hours the servers can be quite empty . Dang just been online with Race 07 and there are a total of 6 people online.

You will not regret getting S2 in my humble opinion and don't listen to Lateralus, post whatever you like, he's just peeved cos he's run out of bevvy
the download usage from playing lfs online would be unnoticeable so i wouldnt worry about that.
The online play definetely isnt as good anymore for us aussies in terms of pickup races, but as long as your on at the right time theres usually some pretty decent racing to be had, and theres plenty of local organised events such as monday night racing.
#6 - garph
Quote from wildwilly :the download usage from playing lfs online would be unnoticeable so i wouldnt worry about that.

Thats not even close to being true. A night of racing, say 2 or 3 hours will burn up around anything from 50 to 100meg or more.

It all depends on how much you play, how many people are in the server and what the bandwidth limit is. Then add onto that any browsing, watching things like YouTube, playing any other online games or downloading you have to do and it quickly becomes an issue.

I have a bandwidth limit and you have to keep and eye on it and it has to be managed.
Quote from garph :Thats not even close to being true. A night of racing, say 2 or 3 hours will burn up around anything from 50 to 100meg or more.

Remember you have the option of disabling skin/helmet downloads. Do that and the bandwidth you need is practically zero.
#8 - garph
I think you'd be surprised, I didn't download 66megs worth or skins last night when I was playing.

I'm not saying he can't play, but telling him there wont be an impact on his bandwidth limit is unrealistic.
looks like my minds been made up for me.

But as garph said it does use a lot of usage! i was on demo for 2-3 hours and i swear i used over 150mb mum just gets really pissed off

ill live with demo i guess

ive been playing it too long though and i always wanted s2! but id would just be offline
I don't know about other countries but here in America, you can walk into like a grocery store and buy a giftcard. as in you hand the person cash and they give u a card that is essentially a credit card with X amount of money on it.
WOW... LoL

i vote this thread for the "most useless thread of the month"...

at least it gave me a lough
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm yammy :munching_

Hmmm
(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG