The online racing simulator
CTRA race 2 server
(117 posts, started )
#101 - xtm
Yup, things have definately improved in the last weeks, some great races, although it was a massive jump in the overall level of racing from CTRA1. And you gotta love the points earned, got 185 today on SO sprint2
Quote from xtm :Yup, things have definately improved in the last weeks, some great races, although it was a massive jump in the overall level of racing from CTRA1... snip

Mercifully so There can still be a fair spread of abilities on Race 2, from the "just qualified from Race 1" racer to the "I got Titanium months ago" uber-wad Thats part of the fun, along with the mixed class and fantastic TBO place swapping.

Cheers to all those who were out on WE1 on saturday afternoon, some quality racing indeed
Quote from HVS5b :Mercifully so There can still be a fair spread of abilities on Race 2, from the "just qualified from Race 1" racer to the "I got Titanium months ago" uber-wad

And then there is me who's 2k short of Platinum and still so slow that I get yellows even if I'm on the track.
Quote from frokki :Now the race 2 server has been crowded two last times I've been racing.

Great racing, I only wish it became even more popular

Yeah, it's been fantastic in the last week I've been on it. Lots of close LX6 racing, I am pretty much racing only here now as it's my favourite group of cars and some great racers.
Quote from Michael Denham :Yeah, it's been fantastic in the last week I've been on it. Lots of close LX6 racing, I am pretty much racing only here now as it's my favourite group of cars and some great racers.

Dude, do you own a MX-5? My favourite car.. for some reason I really really want one. There's something about that car..!!

On topic: after getting my gold licence with the XRT I'd also like to have a go at the LFR class. More specifically I'd like to try the RAC -- it fascinates me. It was one of the first cars that I tried when I got LFS last autumn, but those sets were made for Patch X.

So: does anyone have any decent, stable RAC sets that I could try? (Yeah, I guess "stable" is a relative term when it comes to this car.. ) I've tried a couple, and for some reason some of them felt very weird. On one (that Mille Sabords gave me) I had to crank the FFB up to like 150% in order to feel anything at all. And there's not much to be found at setupfield.

I'd much appreciate it!
i like most of the sets made by "col" from setupfield, maybe you want to have a try so i attached some. those are the stock hotlap sets you may want to tweak pressure/camber/brakes a tad if you want to do longer stints.
Attached files
rac.zip - 1.2 KB - 126 views
Thanks! I'll play around with it and see what comes out of it.
We had some really fantastic races in this server again, it has really got me back into LFS and especially the LX6. The racers on there are clean and we are able to race closer than I ever have done before. So much fun I might have to post a couple of replays later because we have had a couple of the most enjoyable races I've ever had since I first played LFS (August 2002...).

Quote from Gnomie :Dude, do you own a MX-5? My favourite car.. for some reason I really really want one. There's something about that car..!!

Yes, I've had a '90 MX-5/Miata for 7 years now. It's my first car and it's been totally reliable and enjoyable in the time I've had it. There really isn't another car available for the price that provides more fun, IMO. I have been racing it in autox for the last two years which has been huge fun also, especially when you beat all sorts of more expensive machinery in a bone stock near 20 year old Miata

Quote from Gnomie :Thanks! I'll play around with it and see what comes out of it.

Probably understeer followed by sudden oversteer, then back to understeer, maybe followed by a spin That is nothing against the setup posted (heck, I haven't even tried it!), just my experience with the RAC so far
Michael, I've been looking for them, but the ones that I can find are vastly too expensive for me, which is too bad because from what I've heard, they're decent track cars, along with being ok road cars.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Michael, I've been looking for them, but the ones that I can find are vastly too expensive for me, which is too bad because from what I've heard, they're decent track cars, along with being ok road cars.

I would say they are fantastic road cars and fairly good track cars (if not lacking in power in stock form). I'll send you a PM...
I know it's an old nag but I'd like to call for the custom layouts to be removed from Fern Bay Green, especially the silly pile of obsticles in the middle of the track which does not work on a public server where people aren't expecting it. I pulled out the pits in the FZ5 and imediately ended up taking out a car when suddenly saw the collection of objects shoved in the middle of the track. I'd love to race on Race 2 as it's the only place offering racing in the road cars but I don't wish to race on tracks with random obsticles shoved on them and I doubt I'm the only one
Quote from ajp71 :I know it's an old nag but I'd like to call for the custom layouts to be removed from Fern Bay Green, especially the silly pile of obsticles in the middle of the track which does not work on a public server where people aren't expecting it. I pulled out the pits in the FZ5 and imediately ended up taking out a car when suddenly saw the collection of objects shoved in the middle of the track. I'd love to race on Race 2 as it's the only place offering racing in the road cars but I don't wish to race on tracks with random obsticles shoved on them and I doubt I'm the only one

Funnily enough, I've been reviewing the benefits of (or perhaps lack of) these. They were originally introduced to match the STCC's tracks. There are definitely issues with these corners, but I'm no longer convinced that they're resolved in any way by the layouts we are using.
Quote from SamH :Funnily enough, I've been reviewing the benefits of (or perhaps lack of) these. They were originally introduced to match the STCC's tracks. There are definitely issues with these corners, but I'm no longer convinced that they're resolved in any way by the layouts we are using.

I think they did a great job for the STCC itself where we put many laps into practicing but not enough people pay attention to the layout changes to be able to effectively use the barrier.
STCC did not use a barricade at Fern Bay Green, although it was discussed and trialed. The subject of the Fern Bay Green chicane has been debated many times and most drivers go "ok that was a suprise" and then see the benefit of it. It's 7 of one, five of the other. The solution isnt a perfect one, but the problem it is fixing is a long way from perfect too. Would you rather see a crashed car at the far end of the straight (as you approach a blind bend) or just after a blind bend..?

EDIT Sidenote: STCC actually had 4 collision physics based accidents on that chicane in the race... *shrug*
Quote from Becky Rose :EDIT Sidenote: STCC actually had 4 collision physics based accidents on that chicane in the race... *shrug*

And what high flying times those were.
Hello all. You be seeing me soon in Race2 (hopefully).
Im starting to really diss the Race1.
I bet theres better races at Race2
I'm new to Race2 but for the few nights I've played there I love it a lot more than Race1, much cleaner races and very friendly atmosphere. Nowadays It's my favorite server.

I drive with XRT and usually after second corner I drive 75% laps alone, during the last 25% I get some blue flags At least It's fun!

CTRA race 2 server
(117 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG