The online racing simulator
CMX Veiwer Help
(12 posts, started )
CMX Veiwer Help
I recently started skinning.

Maybe Im just dense, but I made a skin and try to veiw it in the "Veiwer" but it doesn't come up in the "skins" button.

It does come up in LFS, just not in the veiwer.

Do I have to save my .jpg to somewhere else other than "/data/skins" folder?

Thanks guys
#2 - Bean0
data/skins folder within the viewer folder
Quote from The Radness :I recently started skinning.

Maybe Im just dense, but I made a skin and try to veiw it in the "Veiwer" but it doesn't come up in the "skins" button.

It does come up in LFS, just not in the veiwer.

Do I have to save my .jpg to somewhere else other than "/data/skins" folder?

Thanks guys

Is it jpeg ore dds caus only jpeg show in the vieuwer
Your CMX folder should have it's own data/skins folder.

By the sounds of things, you have extracted the CMX Viewer along with all it's folder's into your S2 folder. You need to make a seperate folder for the Viewer.
Quote from Bean0 :data/skins folder within the viewer folder

Thanks BeanO, I'll give her ago when I get out from work. I was assuming that it read the .jpg's directly from the "LFS/data/skins" and not on its own.
I got similar problem: I think I installed it properly and I paste skins to C:\LFS S2\CMX viewer\data\skins folder but it sees only default skins - neither 2 FBM skins nor my skins are visible in the viewer

any idea?
#7 - Rish
Did you download the latest version of the CMX or is it an old one. If its the old one then the FBM didn't exist so it wont be there!!!
fcourse i got it. I even got the bmw skin for fbm. but i can see only defaults.
#9 - Rish
that doesn't really answer my question
Quote from Rish :Did you download the latest version of the CMX or is it an old one.

no? this is the newest one - Y version
CMX Viewer issue
Hope some one can tell what I am doing wrong. Have been making some news skins again today after a long break
I am using photoshop. I did manage to get cmx viewer to display one time today, then I made some changes. Could not view them made the file size smaller and it displayed. Anyway made further changes 367kb and can not get the cmx viewer to display it. It lists the file I have made along with all the original files (that open ok) but tells me I can not open the one I have now made. Please clarify for me...should I save the file as a jpg file and then rename it to XYZ.cmx like the others in the folder
Quote from Simdeck :Hope some one can tell what I am doing wrong. Have been making some news skins again today after a long break
I am using photoshop. I did manage to get cmx viewer to display one time today, then I made some changes. Could not view them made the file size smaller and it displayed. Anyway made further changes 367kb and can not get the cmx viewer to display it. It lists the file I have made along with all the original files (that open ok) but tells me I can not open the one I have now made. Please clarify for me...should I save the file as a jpg file and then rename it to XYZ.cmx like the others in the folder

You should never have to tamper with the .cmx files.

All you need to do is save it as XXX_skinname.jpg (XXX being the 3 letter car code) into CMX Viewer/Data/Skins. Open Viewer up, select the car, then the skin.

If you are saving them as .jpg's the only time (I think) you'll get an error is if the filename is too long. I think its 20 characters in total (including XXX_).

CMX Veiwer Help
(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG