The online racing simulator
Black Flag
Ok, this got me worried:

Quote from evilpimp :That was horrible for me again lol. Even though I got second.

I damaged my car on the rolling start (YAY!). Was the suspension. THen I started slipin and jumpin all over the place in T3 everytime. But was determined not to pit. THEN YAYYYY my screensaver went on, so i spun n hit the wall. More suspension damage. WOOO.
And finally im in a battle with kirstjan and on T3 he's on the inside and comes smashing into me and boom more damage.

On ovals if there's a problem with someone's car that seriously affects the handling that person would immediately be black flagged and forced into the pits.

On ovals 3-wide 10 cars group hugging is very common and you need to be at the top of your car's handling ability to get through it. Therefore, I advise the devs to carefully watch the race and once they see a car struggling because of damage then they force the car to make a pit stop to correct that.

There's no reason to ruin anyone's day because someone wanted to "ride it out". It may not be a major factor on road courses. But on oval this rule is a matter of life and death

Here are the criterias for oval racing for black flag:
-penalty
-damage to the point in which the car's handling will endanger other racers. (suspension is red or close to red)
-driver is too slow (in this case the driver would be forced to retire)

Please consider the black flag rule
Hmm, off course black flag's should be enforced but btw, my suspension wasn't anywere near the red. But it still was a bit bumpy on T3 but still controlable. The crash with kirstjan was in no way caused by it. If I saw that I had trouble controling it, I wouldn't even need a black flag i'd still go pit.

Black flag's should indeed be used.
Quote from evilpimp :Hmm, off course black flag's should be enforced but btw, my suspension wasn't anywere near the red. But it still was a bit bumpy on T3 but still controlable. The crash with kirstjan was in no way caused by it. If I saw that I had trouble controling it, I wouldn't even need a black flag i'd still go pit.

Black flag's should indeed be used.

Wasn't attacking you pimp Just thought of a scary hypothetical situation and thought I'd ask if Black Flag would be implemented
xD I know you weren't attackin me but instead taking me as an example. It is a good example (unless u've seen how I controled that beast).

:P:P:P I wasn't offended in any way by ur post :P

I have seen before *cough* KY125 #1 *cough* ppl not being able to control their cars and not gettin blackflag'd.

SO would definetly be cool to enforce them
When Mista first had his moment that caused the damage, I thought about black flagging for repairs. Indeed, a few more times after he scraped the wall, I kept an eye on him.

Black flag was not needed.

d
Quote from dekojester :

Black flag was not needed.

d

It wasn't then, but you can't say that for all situations. What happens if a driver in Mista's position lacks skill? What happens when drivers keep going after major damage because they overestimate their abilities (i'm also guilty of this)?

Black flag will be needed in the actual 250. Keep in mind this is not 5 or 6 cars but 30+ people signed on. Black flag will ensure that every other lap wont be a giant pile up
Quote from lizardfolk :It wasn't then, but you can't say that for all situations. What happens if a driver in Mista's position lacks skill? What happens when drivers keep going after major damage because they overestimate their abilities (i'm also guilty of this)?

Black flag will be needed in the actual 250. Keep in mind this is not 5 or 6 cars but 30+ people signed on. Black flag will ensure that every other lap wont be a giant pile up

I assess each situation as it comes based on the facts available to me at the time.

Mista is a fairly experience driver and can control his car quite well under circumstances of a difficult nature.

If his car were more damaged, or a more unstable driver were in his situation, I may or may not black flag, depending on what is happening at the time.

and, /me hopes I can get windows on my Mac on Friday so I can be in charge Saturday !

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG