The online racing simulator
Mouse showing up as Wheel
(3 posts, started )
I just noticed my hotlaps are saying I'm using a wheel, however I don't own a wheel and use the mouse for LFS. Unfortunately this seems to be an unsolveable problem, but just wanted to get this out there. The way I have the mouse setup is to use the x-axis for steering and y-axis for throttle/brake. This type of setup only works with the "wheel" option chosen as the controller instead of the "mouse" option. The "mouse" option forces you to assign the throttle and brake to buttons, which isn't good if you want to be fast. Choosing the "mouse" option automatically assigns the steering to the x-axis but gives no option of the y-axis.

Not really a huge concern, just kinda sucks I can't filter the hotlaps to mouse drivers and compare to them instead of comparing to all the wheel drivers.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Well back in S1 I tried using the mouse just for steering and found it very hard, so I used a gamepad for the longest time. But it stopped working with S2 so I went back the mouse. And I remembered I played a dirtbike game for many years that used the mouse to control steering, throttle, and braking. So I set LFS like that and it was like second nature. I was very suprised how easy it was for me to get used to and I've gotten tons faster....been working on reaching all the FXO benchmark times, able to get most of them and like .5 from a WR is my best. If you go over to lfsworld you should be able to find some of my hotlaps since you're wanting to watch. It's nothin special really lol
We are (Crusher[HUN] and me) using this method for about 1,5 years. It's not that hard when you get used to it. Now, that I have a DFP I only use mouse when I'm racing at school . I've attached my mouse config.
Attached images
mouse_config.jpg

(3 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG