The online racing simulator
Touge tracks
(42 posts, started )
Quote from Gekkibi :Opinions, opinions. And it completely depends which one is harder, you can't compare them that way just because other has lots of downhills and other starts where it also ends... What if there is lot more declines and inclines in a circuit (But incline minus decline = 0) than in a very slope touge (And what if there are no turns in it, wouldn't that make it even "easier"?)...

touge also tend to have much narrower roads, and less room for error. you can run smack into a mountain or rolling off the cliff. run off a gutter easier, etc.
realistically it takes even more skill because you have to watch out for the occasional upcoming traffic unlike on a circuit. and you dont usually have a co driver to do it like a rallyist. which is why real touge drivers rarely go full out unless it's a private touge track. but since this is a game, that would be unneccessary.

circuit tends to have a lot of grass and tires walls to decrease the impact.

if you build a circuit on a bumpy road with steep slopes, it'll have to be on a mountain pass which would be like a touge. and you'll still need to make the roads narrower(yes it's almost impossible to pass on some touge passes which is one of the reasons for the leader/follower rule).

if a touge pass was completely straight i guess that owuld be easier, but as it stands, thats rarely the case. circuites almost always have more long straightways and less consecutive hairpins followed by high speed corners. not to mention sometimes things like falling leaves which makes the road more slippery.
Quote from rotarydream :it takes even more skill because you have to watch out for the occasional upcoming traffic unlike on a circuit.

Upcoming traffic? Like in NFS?
-1,000,000 for this if there must be traffic while racing in this kind of track.
Quote from rotarydream :not to mention sometimes things like falling leaves which makes the road more slippery.

You've been watching Initial D, haven't you.
Quote from Gekkibi :Upcoming traffic? Like in NFS?
-1,000,000 for this if there must be traffic while racing in this kind of track.

i never said it was a must, I meant realistically, since most touge races are on public streets and done by non professionals. public streets mean that theres a possibility for it. or it may just be something like wildlife which you dont want to hit.

race at 2-4 am and you rarely see any other traffic. theres also no traffic in some of tsuchiya's old touge vids. i didnt expect traffic in a specific touge game. it'd probably be more like kaido battle than nfs which is a mix between sim and arcadish.

Quote from March Hare :You've been watching Initial D, haven't you.

it's common sense that there are sometimes leaves, dirt, black ice, etc which wont get cleaned up right away like on a circuit.
the main thing about initial d you can critisize is that it exaggerates the pace of showy drifts.
Quote from rotarydream :i never said it was a must, I meant realistically, since most touge races are on public streets and done by non professionals. public streets mean that theres a possibility for it. or it may just be something like wildlife which you dont want to hit.

race at 2-4 am and you rarely see any other traffic. theres also no traffic in some of tsuchiya's old touge vids. i didnt expect traffic in a specific touge game. it'd probably be more like kaido battle than nfs which is a mix between sim and arcadish.

So I was right? NFS...
Please, could we then also have city where cops chases me? And in that track, there are no physics and I can't damage my car... </sarcasm>

After all, LFS is for professional racing, not for illegal street racing, drifting (However, I don't mind if people do it, as long as they don't do it in racing servers) or cruising (Same thing, only in cruising servers).
Sounds dangerous. The most annoying thing was the guy who speaked: Initial D this, initial D that.

I don't mind at all if there would be that kind of tracks in LFS.
Still: Why should we have cars like those in LFS?
Quote from Gekkibi :Sounds dangerous. The most annoying thing was the guy who speaked: Initial D this, initial D that.

I don't mind at all if there would be that kind of tracks in LFS.
Still: Why should we have cars like those in LFS?

I think an S2000 type car would be a great addition to LFS. We don't really have a lightweight rwd car right now unless you count the LX cars.

As far as the winding-road/touge/mountain pass/hill climb (whatever you want to call it), I think it would bring more people to the game and it would be great for single player mode. One thing that's nice about these style tracks is that since they're narrow, the sense of speed is greatly increased.
with a bit of thought and an acceptance from everyone that a road can host more than one type of racing then this could be a really good addition; think of it like this....

we get numerous requests for the following

a rally track

a touge track

a hillclimb track

a new race track

a drift track

ok now think of each of these real life examples

the col de turini on the monte carlo rally

the earlier example in the linked video

any of the european hillclimbs such as http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... T9s6Q&feature=related

the old "ring"

and

the final section of silverstone
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9YuCi2nFWY

now if we had a tightish track which went up a hill and then down the other side and which was joined by a section that included a number of alternating curves, and whcih gave the option of differing start / finish points involving full laps or just sections and if you had the option of running singularly, 1 min seperation, in pairs or in a normal field you could use if for all the above requests ( obviously it wouldn't be the ring but it could give the feel ). if there was a server / browser option to flag up what type of event was being run it would offer something ofr all groups, especially if the anticipated rain option was applied to a rally server.

now i'm sure evryone will say no and want their own dedicated track but be realistic, a track that covers a lot of bases is more likely to happen and would satisfy more users.

edit. just realised with an alternative bottom secion with long straights it would even be an approximation of bathhurst
I don't think it differs much compared to falling from hitting one of those red and white barriers of interstellar travel.
Quote from March Hare :I don't think it differs much compared to falling from hitting one of those red and white barriers of interstellar travel.

Ya, I like the idea to include a flight simulator into a racing simulator.
#38 - DeMS
Quote from tinvek :
long post

I quite like the idea of having a race on the mountains/uphill/downhill/other configurations that include narrow track and nature on complicated shapes, as long as it can be raced like the rest of LFS tracks (in laps) and that it doesn't force one style of racing or a methodology to see who wins or who loses.

I don't want to be forced into drifting and I don't want to be forced to play the same thing that NFS:C had, but I want to be able to race on a track where I acknowledge the damage of taking a bad turn to be fatal...Virtually
I have to say i am a big supporter of the ideo pof a touge stile track ore so called hilm climbing track its woule be great fun

Imagine a touge track ion mountain soemwher in japans ore somewhere else
With a GTr(just ordanary racing as you drifters call gripping) screaming down a kind of narrow road that would be the ultimate LFS adrenaline rush
+1 I like this idea. I think that it would be fair to have a touge track. I think it's unfair to say it is drift oriented because although I'm sure the drifters would get a kick out of it, I would personally (and I'm sure others back me) like to race grip on it because it would be a unique challenge.
Quote from DoriDori :It doesn't even matter how we decide who the winner is, a touge would be really fun for touring or drifting. Would LOVE this idea. And would be my greatest reason to buy this game. Bah gona buy it anyway, its the best Drift simulator available.

i think you mean best RACING simulator available. dear lord, whats the world coming to?
Quote from mickyc30 :i think you mean best RACING simulator available. dear lord, whats the world coming to?

Ya. However, LFS is the best simulator to simulate drifting also (Thanks to good physics), even it is not meant to simulate that aspect.

Touge tracks
(42 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG