The online racing simulator
What are the exploits of LFS?
(30 posts, started )
Well, if you have an actual clutch pedal, that's what I would use as the immersion is higher. But if you don't have a pedal and use a button as the clutch, then which is more realistic, using a button or auto clutch? Neither! The button clutch I think is faster from what I've heard, but.....

As for the throttle blip on downshifting, I think most leave it turned on, but still manually blip it as you can blip it to higher rpms than just letting the autoblip taking care of it. Me, I no longer really use the gears for braking help in most cars. Just my style and it is easier for me to just brake and downshift slowly, so no need to give a big blip on the throttle.
The only time I've used locked diff's in any of my RC cars is when I'm drifting. I once tried locking the diff on my RWD 1:10 truck (RC10 T3), and it gave it massive understeer in exchange for only slightly increased stability, and just wasn't worth it.

I've seen some drivers use locked diff's at my local TC track, but its quite rare.
Quote from filur :Engine "damage"

I think you probably just pressed the ignition key
Quote from Rtsbasic :The only time I've used locked diff's in any of my RC cars is when I'm drifting. I once tried locking the diff on my RWD 1:10 truck (RC10 T3), and it gave it massive understeer in exchange for only slightly increased stability, and just wasn't worth it.

I've seen some drivers use locked diff's at my local TC track, but its quite rare.

offroaders is a completely different story they really need a diff ... but all serpents and the like use locked diffs
Quote from Vendetta :I think you probably just pressed the ignition key

Did not!

Here's a short replay of some less-then-100% mega-engine-damage, and the weirdness (?) that pit repairs for this insane damage takes no time at all.

You've actually never tried this?
Attached files
enginedamage.zip - 9.4 KB - 97 views

What are the exploits of LFS?
(30 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG