The online racing simulator
Building up a LFS Simulator
(21 posts, started )
Hey dudes when i'll get ome tonight i hope to have received my 2nd Logitech G25 wheel.

My goal of this thread is to show you the progress of the Cockpit i wanna made.

When it's done it will be a Caterham CSR 200 cockpit out of wood and aluminium. It will have two Recaro Racing Seats, a Logitech G25, probably i'll use a diffrent wheel, three 22" Wide Screen LCD's and a real speedo-meter (dunno what it's called in proper English ^^) i meant to say ANALOG GUAGES ^^

Today my three new 22" Wide Screen LCD's arrived , so my first pic are the LCD's ^^

wanna see the final version
Neat. It seems like a waste to buy two seats, but it's your money Instead of the 2nd seat maybe you could buy better pedals or a better shifter? The G25 shifter is kind of flimsy if you're going to go all out.
Quote from Technique :Neat. It seems like a waste to buy two seats, but it's your money Instead of the 2nd seat maybe you could buy better pedals or a better shifter? The G25 shifter is kind of flimsy if you're going to go all out.

1st. I want a 2nd seat 'cause it will be a nearly perfect rebuild of my fathers Caterham CSR 200.

And it will be nice for doing rallye ^^ so i have a real-co-pilot.

2nd. Atm i'm fine with my g25 but i'm thinking of getting a FREX wheel and pedals. For the shifter am looking for an analog one.
Quote from chanoman315 :wanna see the final version

waiting for the blueprints of the caterham csr 200... only got the csr 260 ones. Even if there are only some minor details which aren't equal i want to wait for the real ones ^^

btw just ordered two of those racing seats

£800 worth in seats ??!? i want to see end product lol
Must cost alot....
they cost me 350€ per seat. But since its something for longer than some months i just want the best so it will be comfortable. We will use this simulator on presentations of Lotus and Caterham Kit cars in Switzerland. (That's why i can buy this expensive stuff) ^^
Looks sweet so far. Be sure to keep us updated as things progress. Good luck!
~Bryan~
on this pic you see one of the 22" widescreen lcd's compared to the 17" btw sorry for bad image quality but i dunno have a working digicam atm.

Daamn, now i can see how little my LCD is
you must be a hardcore dedicated racer to spend that much on a simulator just buy one of those 401 force dynamics
Quote from harjun :you must be a hardcore dedicated racer to spend that much on a simulator just buy one of those 401 force dynamics

As already mentioned this is a simulator not built for home use. This cockpit will be used at some smaller ccar shows. At home i'll buy an Obutto cockpit as soon as the Europe distribution will started.
Man thats sweet, 66inch of LFS pleasure lol. Keep us updated
Have you considered a HD Projector for this setup rather than 3 monitors which are gona take a lot of hardware to run at decent fps.

The benefits of using a PJ means you can have a 90inch display & control the shape of the image. You could even project onto a concave screen for more immersion.

It sounds like a very interesting & expensive project. Keep us updated with pics on your progress. Good luck
If you want to replicate that alienware display, you just need to put a fresnel lens infront of each monitor. There's a big thread on it, can't remember if it's here or on RSCnet.
I'll never buy another fresnel lens again. I still have nightmares of being scammed on ebay.

"120 INCH PROJECTOR BIG SCREEN L@@K !!11"

Yeah I'm one of those idiots who bought plans to build a homemade projector by turning your TV upside down and putting a fresnel lens in front of it.

Still, I've seen some vids of people using fresnel lenses to remove the borders and it just looks a bit odd to me.
Quote from Technique :I'll never buy another fresnel lens again. I still have nightmares of being scammed on ebay.

"120 INCH PROJECTOR BIG SCREEN L@@K !!11"

Yeah I'm one of those idiots who bought plans to build a homemade projector by turning your TV upside down and putting a fresnel lens in front of it.

Still, I've seen some vids of people using fresnel lenses to remove the borders and it just looks a bit odd to me.

I lol'd.

Frensel lenses can be really effective, they make the screen appear A LOT bigger when you look through it. But I can imagine it would mess with your eyes a little.
since i'm in the army again i can't work on it atm. but there are some good points like getting a projector instead of three lced widescreenies. I thought about that but since this is just a BETA project. probably if we get positive feedback we will work on a second one.

(21 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG