The online racing simulator
Quote from DeadWolfBones :
If you'd asked me prior to round 1, I would have sworn we'd be arguing about the SC periods right now, not blue flags. Go figure.

You want us to start arguing about that now? You guys really dropped the ball on that one car that flipped and disco'd, our driver probably lost 5 mins slowing down for the SC that never came out!
Quote from srdsprinter :You want us to start arguing about that now? You guys really dropped the ball on that one car that flipped and disco'd, our driver probably lost 5 mins slowing down for the SC that never came out!

Now, now...
It's really not that hard to lap or get lapped. I have to deal with both ends of it and I usually don't have a problem. (Getting lapped through MoE gt2.) Just show a bit mutual respect, often times you end up hurting yourself more attempting to run side by side with traffic you shouldn't be racing. Don't dive bomb a lapped car unless you've been given no choice through accidental circumstance or a completely ignorant blue flagee, and don't do unpredictable things when getting lapped. Concentrate on your line and your line only while leaving some space in the right spot, see way too many people lose focus and in turn lose their car in lapping situations (often taking out the other guy with them.)

/Edit - And MoE's lapping circumstances are a little different with dual classes. But when you're getting lapped ~2 times a lap you see pretty much every circumstance there is, and I think the philosophy of mutual respect and minimal total time loss among both parties still holds. Just as there's an art to lapping, there's also an art to getting lapped that involves more than just holding your line and letting the lapper do the work.

And the bit that someone was mentioning about more problems lapping between fast/slow drivers seems to hold true cross class. The fast gt1 drivers have no problems lapping the fast gt2 drivers, but tend to have collisions with the slower gt2 drivers. And vice versa when it comes to getting lapped. AKA it's not really a matter of one person being too aggressive, but more a matter of two varied sets of skills colliding together. (In a situation where you're far more practiced at competing with drivers of your own level.)

/Edit 2 (paraphrased irc ramblings)
Realized this wasn't the most cohesive post, but I could go on for much longer about specific circumstances and ideas of what to do. What it basically comes down to is, why sit in front of a lapper losing them 1-2 seconds when they're right behind you on the entrance to a complex corner section when you could back off and lose 1/2 a second. But on the other hand, why divebomb lapped traffic on the entrance to a corner section right before a straight like blackwood's t1. You'll probably lose you both 1-2 seconds when you could just wait behind them and lose 1/2 a second. Just general stuff like that. Not really things that could be written into rules, but if people are smart about it they can make lapping much more 'pleasant' and take significantly less time overall for both parties.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :4) Lapping drivers must use caution when overtaking lapped cars. Over-aggressive or poorly-presented overtaking attempts resulting in contact will result in a SG penalty as described in rule H5.

Please define what a poorly-presented overtaking manoeuvre is.
Thus define what a properly-presented overtaking manoeuvre is, just to be sure that we are all going to talk about the same thing.
Quote from Lotesdelere :Please define what a poorly-presented overtaking manoeuvre is.
Thus define what a properly-presented overtaking manoeuvre is, just to be sure that we are all going to talk about the same thing.

A good point.

Properly-presented overtake:
1. Be close enough to the rear of the lapped car to make a reasonable pass.
2. "Show the nose" to indicate your intentions.
3. Clean follow-through, leaving sufficient room for the lapped car.

Poorly-presented overtake:
1. Divebombing or attempting very late braking from far back.
2. Making a last second decision to pull out & not giving the lapped car time to react.
3. Cutting off the lapped car when completing the pass.

I think that ought to be enough, but please let me know if you think it's missing something.
Look like very accurate courtious procedures to me.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG