The online racing simulator
Traction
(32 posts, started )
Traction
Put traction control on the formula v8 cars because the are like formula one cars.
actually.. they are nothing near F1 cars lol, hopefully the cars wont slide so much at hte start when scawen finishes up this tire patch he has started on

edit.. erg! why do i always put victor when i mean scawen!
Quote from XCNuse :actually.. they are nothing near F1 cars lol, hopefully the cars wont slide so much at hte start when vic finishes up this tire patch he has started on

Vic?
There are F3000 cars, and as such they wouldn't have traction control.

And F1 cars shouldn't have traction control either, but until we get 'Standard ECUs' in 2008 we have to put up with it. Hopefully they won't keep it on the pretence of safety grounds.
Tip: Dont put your foot hard down in the F08.

If you still cant start off without spinning, shift to 3rd, or set 1st to be high.
#6 - herki
Quote from B2B@300 :Vic?

yeah, Victor the almighty ... now he took over scawen's work too. Maybe right now he is busy with the new car models
/me imagines a scene from Monty Python and the Life of Brian (edited to avoid confusion), replacing Brian with Victor (not the naked one, before anyone says anything :P)

SHOE FOLLOWER:
He has given us... His shoe!
ARTHUR:
The shoe is the sign. Let us follow His example.
SPIKE:
What?
ARTHUR:
Let us, like Him, hold up one shoe and let the other be upon our foot, for this is His sign, that all who follow Him shall do likewise.

Its all a bit silly really
No, i love this game because of its lack of driver aids. The Formula V8 is a very hard car to drive, but put the effort in and you get the rewards.
I don't remember that from Holy Grail...
Life of Brian!

Holy Grail is:

We are the Knights Who Say NI
we are no longer the Knights Who Say NI, we are the Knights that say Ekky Ekky Ekky P-Tang Zoooooooooom boing oohhaarrrrr
(at which point one in the background says Ni quietly).
Quote from the_angry_angel :/me imagines a scene from Monty Python and the Holy Grail.......

Thus my confusion.

I never saw Life of Brian.
oh no, you missed a very important film :P
v8
Well do you no that formula one car will run a v8 this here .
Quote from XCNuse :actually.. they are nothing near F1 cars lol, hopefully the cars wont slide so much at hte start when vic finishes up this tire patch he has started on

Yes, F1 has V8 engines. But that means diddly squat. If I put a v10 in a Mini does it become an F1 car. Because F5000 cars have V8's does that make them F1 cars. NO!!!!

What a silly, un-thought out argument.
When I need a computer to help me drive a car, cars will have become to complex.
Speaking of Life of Brian. This is one of my favorite parts (quite long ):

Brian is running from the guards and stops quickly at an outdoor shop to get a fake beard.

BRIAN: How much? Quick.
HAGGLER: What?
BRIAN: It's for the wife.
HAGGLER: Oh. Uhhh, twenty shekels.
BRIAN: Right.
HAGGLER: What?
BRIAN: (Holds up 20 shekels) There you are.
HAGGLER: Wait a minute.
BRIAN: What?
HAGGLER: Well, we're-- we're supposed to haggle.
BRIAN: No, no. I've got to get--
HAGGLER: What do you mean, 'no, no, no'?
BRIAN: I haven't time. I've got--
HAGGLER: Well, give it back, then.
BRIAN: No, no, no. I just paid you.
HAGGLER: Burt!
BURT: Yeah?
HAGGLER: This bloke won't haggle.
BURT: Won't haggle?!
BRIAN: Alright. Do we have to?
HAGGLER: Now, look. I want twenty for that.
BRIAN: I-- I just gave you twenty.
HAGGLER: Now, are you telling me that's not worth twenty shekels?
BRIAN: No.
HAGGLER: Look at it. Feel the quality. That's none of your goat.
BRIAN: All right. I'll give you nineteen then.
HAGGLER: No, no, no. Come on. Do it properly.
BRIAN: What?
HAGGLER: Haggle properly. This isn't worth nineteen.
BRIAN: Well, you just said it was worth twenty.
HAGGLER: Ohh, dear. Ohh, dear. Come on. Haggle!
BRIAN: Huh. All right. I'll give you ten.
HAGGLER: That's more like it...Ten?! Are you trying to insult me?! Me, with a poor dying grandmother?! Ten?!
BRIAN: All right. I'll give you eleven.
HAGGLER: Now you're gettin' it...Eleven?! Did I hear you right?! Eleven?! This cost me twelve. You want to ruin me?!
BRIAN: Seventeen?
HAGGLER: No, no, no, no. (chuckles)Seventeen.
BRIAN: Eighteen?
HAGGLER: No, no. You go to fourteen now.
BRIAN: All right. I'll give you fourteen.
HAGGLER: Fourteen?! Are you joking?!
BRIAN: That's what you told me to say!
HAGGLER: Ohh, dear.
(Brian sees guards coming)
BRIAN: Ohh, tell me what to say. Please!
HAGGLER: Offer me fourteen.
BRIAN: I'll give you fourteen.
HAGGLER: He's offering me fourteen for this!
BRIAN: Fifteen!
HAGGLER: Seventeen. My last word. I won't take a penny less, or strike me dead.
BRIAN: Sixteen.
HAGGLER: Done. Nice to do business with you.Tell you what. I'll throw you in this as well. (picks up a gourd)
BRIAN: I don't want it, but thanks.
HAGGLER: Burt!
BURT: Yeah?
BRIAN: Alright! Alright! Alright!
HAGGLER: Now, where's the sixteen you owe me?
BRIAN: I just gave you twenty.
HAGGLER: Oh, yeah. That's right. That's four I owe you, then.
BRIAN: Well, that's all right. That's fine. That's fine.
HAGGLER: No. Hang on. I've got it here somewhere.
BRIAN: That's all right. That's four for the gourd.
HAGGLER: Four? For this gourd? Four?! Look at it. It's worth ten if it's worth a shekel.
BRIAN: But you just gave it to me for nothing!
HAGGLER: Yes, but it's worth ten!
BRIAN: Alright! Alright!
HAGGLER: No, no, no, no. It's not worth ten. You're supposed to argue, 'Ten for that? You must be mad!' Ohh, well. [sniff] One born every minute.
Quote from Stellios :The Formula V8 is a very hard car to drive, but put the effort in and you get the rewards.

It really shouldn't be and isn't once you've learnt to control your right foot, changing some of the pedal controls options makes the throttle feel more natural and easier to feed in.

To drive the FO8 you need a wheel there's really no alternative with a car this fast. Try driving slow laps to get use to the car and how responsive it'll be then go right up to about 90% laps giving yourself a bit of a margin for error. This is a ground effect single seater and it'll only ever feel controlable once the tires have got heat in them and your driving it hard enough to get the downforce. As always in any car smoothness is the key, it may take the abuse but the more aggressive you are with the car the less control you'll have and what ever you do don't fight every tiny slide, once you know the car you'll soon learn when your out of your safety net.
Quote from Gimpster :When I need a computer to help me drive a car, cars will have become to complex.

I would be willing to bet a lot of money that if you drive a car, it has computers controlling certain aspects of it.
:doh: Well that mistake ruined that gag Let the confusion continue!
Quote from NetDemon01 :I would be willing to bet a lot of money that if you drive a car, it has computers controlling certain aspects of it.

Yes but the moment those cars need to help keep it under control they will have become too complicated. I do not like traction control, anti lock brakes, yaw control, engine managment computers or automatic transmissions. If I could buy a new car with out them I would.

My old N/A carberated dodge was 20ft long, weighted over 3000lbs, had a 318ci V8 which got 30mpg on the hiway, and could lay rubber for 100ft. My newer truck weights less, can't roast the tires, and gets 25mpg from a 2.4 liter I4. Less fuel efficiency from a smaller engine. Wow looks like progress to me. You brain is faster then a computer use it instead of relying on a computer to make up for your short comings.
Quote from the_angry_angel :Let the confusion continue!

Well Ok then

The reason I questioned Vic? is because... well, XCNurse being such an upright and longstanding member of the LFS community might know something I didn't
Like maybe Scawen's other half finaly put her foot down and said "Right then Scawen! You make a choice finish this @%# kitchen or I'm out of here! and while your at it finish the rest of the house like you've been promising for the laast 3 %#$% years!"
And as a consequence he had to hand over some of the progamming resposibilities to Vic, bless Vic for coming to the rescue, was tough going for him though as it is quite abit of work to get up too speed with programming and were Scawen is thus far...

Oh how one innocent little mistake can lead a thread so far off topic LOL

Quote from Gimpster :You brain is faster then a computer use it instead of relying on a computer to make up for your short comings.

Thats easy for you too say, you still probably got some brain cells left! Not all of us are so lucky

No I agree no traction controll or other aids... thats what makes it a challenge, but if they did have such things then I would want to see server otptions that could allow or disallow it

Quote from TailFong :Brian is running from the guards and stops quickly at an outdoor shop to get a fake beard.

BRIAN: How much? Quick.
HAGGLER: No, no, no, no. It's not worth ten. You're supposed to argue, 'Ten for that? You must be mad!' Ohh, well. [sniff] One born every minute.

Thx m8 gave me a good laugh
lol when it comes to names.. um.. actually it doesnt come to names, i try to keep names out of mind cause.. i can never remember them correctly
Quote from Gimpster :You brain is faster then a computer........

That's not really true. If you have a computer driving a drag racer, and a human driving another in a heads up race, you'd find the computer would wipe the floor with the human.
Quote from Forbin :That's not really true. If you have a computer driving a drag racer, and a human driving another in a heads up race, you'd find the computer would wipe the floor with the human.

Hence why modern fighter jets are fly by wire and many of them interprute what the human inputs are and often even make corrections for wrong ones Also modern fighters are actually made "unstable" so they can be more manuverable, they are infact so unstable that humans can't control them! and computers must do it... so when it comes to response times modern computers leave us for dead

In the automotive arena there even talking of computers driving cars, sighting that it will give far more effiecient traffic flow because why? because they can react faster and more reliabely than humans but oh how boring that will be read a newspaper while your car drives you to work, and if you try too speed the car takes over from you saying "input error changing to autopilot" LOL

Oh and as a side note to all the joypad detractors - you do realise that joysticks will eventually replace steering wheels don't you
I refuse to conform to the future enevitability. I will build an old can and laugh when some one writes a virus to crash you computer driven car. I will never give up control.

Traction
(32 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG