The online racing simulator
Dalek is in the Sonic Hacking Community
(14 posts, started )
Probably already known, but who cares.

I will not be playing LFS for a long time, as I am working on my biggest project that I'll ever make. This, this thread will be an update thread. There is also one on Sonic Retro (Read "Loadsa Sonic Prototypes!") and I'll be happy as heck if you guys cheer me on. I've been in this community for about one and a half years now, most of you should know what I'm like. Anyway, with the project.
NOTE: This is a copy/paste from Retro.

Sonic 1 - Beginner's Luck

What is it?
This is a hack, in which Sonic the Hedgehog has been made easier.
What is in the game?
Currently there are some art changes with level select, HUD, Sol Emeralds, and the SCD 510 beta sign-post.
What is planned?
  • Blaze as a playable character
  • New level select
  • New title screen
  • Different art for Sonic
  • Easy level layouts
I have been advertising this enough now, so here is a public release of the (uncompleted) Sonic 1 Beginner's Luck. As SonEd2 won't edit Green Hill as the graphics are garbled up, someone will need to help me with that part so I can edit Green Hill.
NOTE: This part needed rewording
Final Zone has a shield and a few ring boxes. I just need to fix a few things.

Main part of this release is the spin-dash (Puto) and some art (SCAA).

http://www.sendspace.com/file/a8vvig
#2 - SamH
Does this "hack" compromise the software author's intellectual property?
Quote from SamH :Does this "hack" compromise the software author's intellectual property?

Don't worry, everyone does this over at Sonic Retro, heck even Sega knows about us.
#4 - SamH
That's not what I asked. I'm not familiar with the sonic community, but we're not having anything on this official software forum advertising anything that's a crack for software. Please properly answer the question.

[ed] I mean to say.. is it a crack or is it an unofficial add-on?
Will you be able to make the 250 dalek?
Quote from SamH :That's not what I asked. I'm not familiar with the sonic community, but we're not having anything on this official software forum advertising anything that's a crack for software. Please properly answer the question.

[ed] I mean to say.. is it a crack or is it an unofficial add-on?

Its unofficial. Why on earth would a Sonic hack be a crack?
Quote from Lizardfolk :Will you be able to make the 250 dalek?

Might.
Sonic is available to registrants of sega to download change and redistribute free of charge (Without any charge of any kind), so yes, as long as they don't try and charge, and it's based on the first sonic game, then it's fine, I'm not sure on the legalities of adding other characters in that aren't part of this agreement though :s
#8 - SamH
Quote from Dalek0220 :Its unofficial. Why on earth would a Sonic hack be a crack?

I don't really understand what's so difficult about addressing my question directly rather than dancing around it like a fat girl in a tutu. It should be obvious what I'm asking and why I'm asking it. If you can't give me a straight answer to a pretty obvious question, you make the whole thing sound suspicious.
Quote from Thorvertonian :Sonic is available to registrants of sega to download change and redistribute free of charge (Without any charge of any kind), so yes, as long as they don't try and charge, and it's based on the first sonic game, then it's fine, I'm not sure on the legalities of adding other characters in that aren't part of this agreement though :s

Okay that's considerably more helpful. Thank you.
Quote from SamH : ...dancing around it like a fat girl in a tutu...

Sam... anything you wish to reveal about your High-school graduation... :hide:

Quote from dawesdust_12 :Sam... anything you wish to reveal about your High-school graduation...

Yeah...he used to be called "Samantha" and loved to dance.
It makes sense...
- The ability to put together appeasing colour palettes...
- The organization
- The ability to convince anyone into doing anything, even stuff they don't want to do...
- The culinary abilities.
- His lack of math skill.
The only thing that doesn't fit is, how does a female smell like he does?
Hmm... an unsolved mystery, one that requires a special agent, to infiltrate the premises.

Kev...!?
Quote from Dalek0220 :

Might.

I'll post all the skins on the main forum. So check there to get your car if you can make it
Back on topic please.
Ah, ok. So you're in the Sonic Hacking crew now? Fascinating.

(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG