The online racing simulator
Formula BMW Challenge Winter 2008 Review
(24 posts, started )
The video has good moments and good editing, but i think one think is "stealing" some of the video potencial........the music.
For me its a bit hard to keep watching a video when i don't like the music that's in it.
But overall, look's nice.
that was very nice! but you could put more crashes, but action in racing was great
Nice stuff, although the music was a bit meh.

What worries me is that you always seem to win the championships you make videos out of!
Quote from FOX 1977 :The video has good moments and good editing, but i think one think is "stealing" some of the video potencial........the music.
For me its a bit hard to keep watching a video when i don't like the music that's in it.
But overall, look's nice.

I agree... One thing we try to do for LOTA Media videos is to keep them legal in the copyright sense. All the music we use for LOTA Media videos is non-copyrighted and to be honest, we're starting to run out of good choices.

You know that brings up a good question... Does anyone know where to get any non-copyrighted music that is consistently decent?
Wow how many people went off in that Aston 1st lap left hander ? Goddamn wind

Good fights out there and good action

3 wins, 1 runner-up. Hell yeah ! Sorry I had to.

Sweet vid BigTime. As always
Agree, not a big fan of this song.

Aside from that, the action you picked was perhaps not the best, but the editing and camerawork was top notch as always.
With a Mac you can be a DJ :headbang:
Quote from BigTime :You wanna be my DJ?

i dont have a Mac.... but .. i dunno... btw i need your msn/aim.. of couse if wanna share it
I can sing if u want.. *ahem*

"What's new pussycat.. whoa.. whoa..." :bannana_g
Quote from BigTime :I agree... One thing we try to do for LOTA Media videos is to keep them legal in the copyright sense. All the music we use for LOTA Media videos is non-copyrighted and to be honest, we're starting to run out of good choices.

You know that brings up a good question... Does anyone know where to get any non-copyrighted music that is consistently decent?

Are you looking to buy this music? If so there are a number of good websites where you can pay subscriptions or a lifetime membership to get royalty-free songs.
Quote from Mp3 Astra :Are you looking to buy this music? If so there are a number of good websites where you can pay subscriptions or a lifetime membership to get royalty-free songs.

LINKY LINKY? I take it these are going to work similar to I-tunes?
Good job as always.
I think that you should watch how often you use rolled cameras because in some shots it doesn’t fit.

As for the music licensing for public use in videos etc it’s a hard bit.
I think it’s not the same to buy a license for yourself as you do in I-tunes
Quote from kaynd :Good job as always.
I think that you should watch how often you use rolled cameras because in some shots it doesn’t fit.

As for the music licensing for public use in videos etc it’s a hard bit.
I think it’s not the same to buy a license for yourself as you do in I-tunes

Yeah I wouldn't think it would work quite the same, double the price or something , I'd just be happy if the way of downloading and viewing them is similar.

Another question I have is, youtube sent me a message through my interface stating that one of the songs I used was copyrighted but, the copyrighter allows the music to be posted and used in all public/non-profit related projects... I've only been able to find this information about one song. I was thinking about how great it would be to have a database for all of them... Anyone know of any information about this?
Quote from BigTime :

Another question I have is, youtube sent me a message through my interface stating that one of the songs I used was copyrighted but...

You're joking right?? If not, how about me and many other amateurs video makers, that had been using random music in our movies??
I always tought that if i didn't made any profit with my videos i could always use random music, and that it would be ok.

Btw...i never received such message from youtube or any other video upload website. Do you think they "talk" to you because you are under USA law? Maybe the law there is being enforced in a all new level.

I really don't wan't to start doing movies using elevator music...
:eek:

There are tons of videos out there using copyrighted music how they can be bothered with LFS videos.
Some touchy viewer must have reported your video.:doh:

Don't have any infos about that but I will have it in mind (already searching)

The database you are taking about should appear here but I haven’t found anything really useful yet..
http://www.mpa.org/
Quote from kaynd ::eek:

There are tons of videos out there using copyrighted music how they can be bothered with LFS videos.
Some touchy viewer must have reported your video.:doh:

Well thats a good point because days before I got the interface message a guy commented twice on my video... I thought the way he mentioned it was strange so I even asked him, no reply though. Here just look for yourself...

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Yrn9upKywNg - NikoPDR, he is a LFS racer so I hope he didn't think he would sink low enough to contact youtube over it... TDRT seems like a group of ok guys so I doubt it, but who knows?

Wow I just checked... I now have 3 videos under review for copyright notices... This is the message I got for the LFS drag vid.

"Your video (Live for Speed - Drag Ups & Downs - Tweak) has been identified as containing content that may be owned by someone else. The material identified in your video, the person claiming ownership of the material and the policy they have designated for its use on YouTube are detailed below.

Material Copyright Holder Policy Countries Audio from SOUNDTRACK-MUSTANG NISMO UMG Allow Everywhere If the policy is listed as "Allow", the material will remain on YouTube and the Copyright Holder may receive data about the number of playbacks of your video. Additionally, advertising and a small brand logo or "badge" may appear next to your video. If the policy listed is "Block", your video will not be available in the countries noted.
You have the following options:
  1. Do Nothing

Your video will continue to play uninterrupted everywhere.
Please also take a few minutes to visit our Help Centre section on Policy and Copyright Guidelines, where you can learn more about copyright laws and our Video Identification Service."

I wonder if youtube has a place to go to type in songs or what ever to see if they are copyrighted... If so.
Check it out, the United States Copyright Office has a catalog that you can use to look up just about any copyrighted data in America, and in some cases, many other countries. It's not the answer to all our problems because there are of course, different copyright offices all around the world but it's a start!

http://cocatalog.loc.gov/cgi-b ... i?DB=local&PAGE=First
Quote from BigTime :LINKY LINKY? I take it these are going to work similar to I-tunes?

Hmm, I thought it was in my favourites. Apparently not. And no, they're not like iTunes. It's induvidual downloads from the site.

But type in "Royalty Free Music" into Google and you're sure to find some good stuff.

On the issue of Youtube going through your videos, look out! I had footage of a motor sport event on my account that was deleted. Then YT decided to go through all of my videos and check for stuff, and they deleted one of my videos for "inappropriate content" even though there was nothing in it that could be remotely described as inappropriate. I emailed them 6 times and never got a response, so if your videos are under investigation: don't expect to get any reasonable explanations or the chance to appeal...
good stuff nolan :drink:
nice video Loved the music *odd one out*

And it made me laugh on the part where Core team takes out each other
nice vid mate

tty on msn
Quote from DevilDare :And it made me laugh on the part where Core team takes out each other

Post Race Dramatization - :arge: + :arge: + :slap: = :grouphug:

(24 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG