The online racing simulator
can this be done??
(10 posts, started )
can this be done??
i was thinking yesterday about this
if you had a web cam and a program that would track your eyes and/or head couldn't you use the out put for where your eyes were looking to control the axis in lfs??
i know you can buy hardware to do this but is there a software way of doing this?

seams like its doable right?
Also, TrackIR is supported by LFS.
Quote from David33 :Also, TrackIR is supported by LFS.

k you can send the 100$ to be thru paypal Smile

i know there are programs that will track eyes ( a relative uses it to access the internet and send emails b/c he has lost all movement) i want to be able to just use my camera as a input. i dont want to spend any money on it
FreeTrack then....
FreeTrack
i've seen stuff with wii-mote to even generate 3d like experience... maybe its usable for tracking the head the same way..

u tube
I tried freetrack but wasn't satisfied. It worked if I simulated mouse movement, but when using 6POV, it just lagged too much. Maybe the problem is in my computer (It is not in my webcam, as mouse movement simulation worked fine).
Quote from gotspeed :k you can send the 100$ to be thru paypal Smile

i know there are programs that will track eyes ( a relative uses it to access the internet and send emails b/c he has lost all movement) i want to be able to just use my camera as a input. i dont want to spend any money on it

Oops! I did not read carefully enough, and I failed to recognize that you were already aware of available hardware (although I also consider other readers, when posting; moreover, I didn't know that you already had a webcam, which I do not have; I interpreted your question as, basically, whether LFS supports headtracking). Sorry.

can this be done??
(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG