The online racing simulator
Game Of The Year!
(95 posts, started )
the tires are a big problem too.
BTW, it begins to be very boring to read the same things everywhere...
#52 - axus
Scawen mentioned the making of tyre testing rigs so I believe that there will be a tyre model update too - low speed tyre physics and the regaining of grip are the two areas where LFS' model isn't quite up to scratch (as far as I know GTR's is worse in those areas none the less). Apart from the fixes that are necessary - tyres, differentials and especially aerodynamics - I also hope for extra grip on the racing line. Anything beyond that would be adding the icing on the cake.

Quote : added sun, Nov. 27th, 2005 17:00
>Patch Q for Live for Speed S2 released Hello Racers!

We've released a new compatible Patch Q - the first official patch for S2 Alpha.

New international keyboard support allows many more people to type correctly in their own language, and 5 new translations have been added. The new character sets include Cyrillic, Greek and Japanese Katakana! These can be typed naturally using the Windows keyboard support, and when online, can be seen correctly on other players' computers. There are also several other fixes and improvements, which are listed in the Patch Q thread on the LFS forum. It's a compatible patch, so it connects to old versions and all the hotlaps are still valid - there are no changes to the physics. Now that we have a solid, improved version, physics is next on the list for development.

Have fun!

Download now : Patch Q (upgrades version P to version Q)
To Install : download to LFS folder, right click, "extract to here"

Dunno what that means to you. By the way - there is an update on the main site about the awards now.
Let's do what's best for us all and for LFS, and rename this Forum the General Braziloviper Forum, and from LFS' next version and on, the game will be renamed Live for Vipers.
We'll all write soporific born-yesterday rhethorical posts, with a shot of sleeze and a pepper of thinly veiled patronizing towards the devs.

Development will happen with nothing but vague anecdotal analysis, no concern for the devs' own wishes.
I'll bring the incense for physics debugging and voodoo dolls to sanctify the devs' machines.

Anyone who even implies they're know-it-all's will of course be insta-banned.
What's up with this Brazilian guys??
You know that every master piece takes a long time to be that, a master piece.. I don't want a rushed patch, i want it to be a good patch... And don't ask for progress report, please. He could say, "ok, i think the patch will be sometimes in march.." and everybody goes YEEEEEE!! and then suddenly something unpredictable hapens, and he must delay the patch, in order to fix that, and everybody would go "No, he let us down, he promised in march, i won't play LFS no more". etc, etc, etc.. Let the man work, because you have no idea how hard is to program this kind of stuff..
Quote from ajp71 :LFS deserves what it won :thumbs:

Shame they don't leave the contest open to older sims, GPL/N2003 could have given LFS good competition in the multiplayer and physics departments as well as probably wiping up the sound catagory.

"Annual Sim-Racing Awards 2005"? That would have been as smart as giving Best Movie Oscar for The Godfather every year.
A workaround that we could do would be a pact to forbid using locked diffs except for drag races, and using the high nose bug, at least on leagues.

But I really doubt that someone would agree with that, and it would be very hard to verify if anyone is using them..... so it would be pointless. And I will not drive on worse condition than others...

Quote :BTW, it begins to be very boring to read the same things everywhere...

Yeah, but look the kind of posts that we have here in the forum. We have even some ridiculous and/or prejudiceous posts like the "Are there midgets playing LFS ? ".

I don't believe in the theory that being quiet here in the forum will make the LFS development faster, this is bullsh**. Scawen need to be able to handle pressures. If he gets angry with who don't like that we are using the same physics since several months ago (more than 7 months), what can he do about that ? Ban who is complaining here in the forum or cancel the license ? But if we all shut up and live him without a single complain, I think that he will think that his situation is more confortable than it is today.

Someone need to remember him that WE (and when I say we, I'm not talking about brazillians, but every LFS driver with some experience) are not satisfied with this situation.

And personally, I don't care if other racing sims are not as good as LFS. The point is that LFS is not good enough, don't matter the competition.

Just to remember Ayrton Senna, sometimes he had the pole position, but at the end of the qualifying session, he went to the track to make a better lap. Although the previous lap was good enough to be the pole position, it wasn't the best that he could do, so he went to the track to do the best that he could do, no matter the competition. He did it several times.
Awww come on Mogar, we all know the bugs suck, but LFS has been like that all the time, and they eventually get fixed. Even regardless of the bugs, people still play the game, and in my opinion, the bug issues and all of us complaining about it really just refines/fixes the game over time rather than ruins it.

Sure I agree that the development feels slower than it ever was at the moment (kind of making all the veterans feel like crap about the game currently -- it's just not the same), I don't like that either... but after all the grunts I've made about it, I just realize that I have to sit back and let the devs make their own progress... That way we get what we want fixed and perfected, rather than rushed and pressured. Whether or not you think it is bull to have someone say that, whatever... the topic at hand here is that they still recieved awards in the most important categories, regardless of the partial bugs. If we were so unsatisfied with the game, we'd probably end up playing all the other simulations that we love to hate.

LFS is still good. And for me to say all this while being a diehard fan just as much as you are Mogar, I know that you'll be back on the track with a smile on your face when the devs give us the fixes
Who would have guessed?
Not surprised one bit....
Quote :LFS is still good. And for me to say all this while being a diehard fan just as much as you are Mogar, I know that you'll be back on the track with a smile on your face when the devs give us the fixes

Not with a smile, but a BIG smile, you can be sure about that, even if the next patch just adress the current issues with aero and differentials, without any new feature.
#60 - axus
Scawen has already recognised the problems as issues that need to be fixed as soon as possible and is working on them now. Repeating them to him won't get them fixed faster - that is all we are saying. If you have some new issues to point out, go ahead. As I understand it from your post you should be satisified with the situation even if LFS isn't quite perfect at the moment, so I don't see your porblem.
again & again & again & again & again & again & again
Quote from Mogar :Not with a smile, but a BIG smile, you can be sure about that, even if the next patch just adress the current issues with aero and differentials, without any new feature.

Scawen also replied there will be NO PARTIAL PATCH FOR THE PHYSIC ENGINE, cause it implies removing all hotlaps, and he wants to do that ONCE

Edit : I was reffering to this post : http://www.lfsforum.net/showth ... ghlight=physics#post37788

Of course, As tweaker says, there will be an S2 physics update
No, I recall him saying that he will fix the bugs that we currently have, and that is it for S2. There won't be physics features added on is what Scawen said as far as I can remember.
but fixing the bugs means adding new features (like a proper aero model)
No, that's just fixing a flaw in a feature that is already there. Not a new feature.
i guess it depends on the viewport
physicswise scawen will have to come up with a lot of new code and a lot more details in the aero model ... so you could see those as new features ... not big features you could put on a games feature list through
Yeah. Feature list still reads "Aero model" regardless though but I see your point.
There's no point in trying to cover the bugs by limiting the setup hopefully by S3 cars with locked diffs will no longer be able to go round corners, cars with high noses will take off and closed top UF1 will be fastest. In the mean time let Scawen have time to work on LFS, we shouldn't be impatient waiting for the physics patch.
Quote from Mogar :I don't believe in the theory that being quiet here in the forum will make the LFS development faster, this is bullsh**. Scawen need to be able to handle pressures. If he gets angry with who don't like that we are using the same physics since several months ago (more than 7 months), what can he do about that ?

I'm confused. Are the physics in LFS somehow worse now than they were 7 months ago? Did your copy of S2 suddenly "degrade" and leave you with less of a game than you had when you purchased it?

Everyone here tried the demo and liked it. They liked it so much they bought the full product. The "full product" (S2) has been unchanged as far as physics is concerned since day one. Suddenly, people like you think they deserve more, even though you have the same thing you've always had. Perhaps Scawen should just call S2 final as it is now, then charge extra for the new physics. Maybe that would get all the detractors to shut their collective pie hole.

Constructive criticism is one thing, but bitching and moaning does nobody any good.
All I have to say is that the game has made me a better driver in real life, which hasn't been true for any other racing game or sim...

Anyway, congrats on the awards, y'all definitely deserve them.
Quote from ajp71 :hopefully by S3 cars with locked diffs will no longer be able to go round corners

im getting tired of you posting this nonsense ... a car with a locked diff can take a corner just as well as one with an open diff the only difference is that the inside wheel slips a little but theres alsmost no weight on that wheel anyway so it hardly matters
Keep up the good work , devs!
Congratulations , you deserved the award!
#72 - Gunn
Quote from Cue-Ball :Constructive criticism is one thing, but bitching and moaning does nobody any good.

Give this man some cake. No no, not that fairy cheesecake crap, give him a huge chunk of that chocolately-delicious slab of decadence from that plate on table four.
Quote from Mogar :I don't believe in the theory that being quiet here in the forum will make the LFS development faster, this is bullsh**.

Whining about the same, already mentioned things on and on won't affect the patch schedule (if there'd be one) either. You just make a fool of yourself and make people angry. If you'd have something new to criticize I guess it'd face a more positive audience here.

I agree with your opinions though, the bugs (or lack of refinement) are serious and affect the racing quite a lot. You just won't achieve anything by shouting about the known issues - might as well just calm down and start doing something else?
#75 - ekze
Woohoo!
Grats LFS Team!
:huepfenic :banana: :smileyrai :balloons: :lovies: :bounce8: :laola:
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken

Game Of The Year!
(95 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG