The online racing simulator
The silence has come
(18 posts, closed, started )
The silence has come
i think we Alllllll know what this means

i just hope it doesnt last long i really cant wait to get this tire patch, i cant stand sliding around so much anymore
#2 - Vain
Yes. People already hasitate to buy LFS becuse the devs are missing in action.

Vain
Ah yes the Silence.

The only noise is that of the forum tearing each other apart .

Just like the good ol S1 days waiting for S2 illepall.

The Explanation - Scawen is prolly workin 14 hours a day concentrating on coding Physics and does not wish to be interrupted.

Ladies and Gentlemen - I call on u to STFU and let the man do his stuff .
They're not posting here because they're busy working on updates, maybe? What's all the worrying about? The devs aren't just going to suddently give up the game and leave. Just because there's no post from them doesn't mean they're not doing any work, quite the opposite I would think.
Quote from Grivage :The Explanation - Scawen is prolly workin 14 hours a day concentrating on coding Physics and does not wish to be interrupted.

Or he's bought Civ 4 :eek:
#6 - axus
Quote from NetDemon01 :They're not posting here because they're busy working on updates, maybe? What's all the worrying about? The devs aren't just going to suddently give up the game and leave. Just because there's no post from them doesn't mean they're not doing any work, quite the opposite I would think.

Scawen said he would go silent when he started working on physics and then a physics patch will come in a few months. This is what is meant by "the silence".
Quote from XCNuse :i think we Alllllll know what this means

i just hope it doesnt last long i really cant wait to get this tire patch, i cant stand sliding around so much anymore

I thought you would know better XCNuse. Threads like this are absolute garbage and a waste of space.

I agree with Griv, the devs are busy and dont have time to reply to pointless arguments about what is happening.

This should be locked before it becomes yet another annoying thread that goes round in circles.
no im hoping this will stop all the other threads and give some explination as to why we AREN'T hearing anything from the devs; because they are busy

instead of more people starting threads complaining that they arent saying anything..
#9 - Mogar
I refuse to think that the devs are so busy that they can't even write 2 or 3 lines to tell what they've been doing (what would take less than 5 minutes).

If they don't have time even for this, they don't have time to make food, go to supermarket, go to the restroom, drink water...... And we all know that they do their own time, if they don't have time to write to us spending less than 5 minutes per month, is because they don't want to do that, not because they don't have time

And ok, they are going to work on physics, but the depth of their work is unknown for us. We don't know if they will just fix the aero bug, or fix the differentials, or both, or will make a huge rework on the whole physics (including collisions, damage system and etc) and will only give us a patch when everything is done, and if they decide to do such big rework, I doubt that we will have a patch on the next 3 or 4 months (unless when you say few months, you are comparing with 48 or more months).

So, the future of LFS is totally unknown for us. We just know that in the future it will probably better, and only that..... when and how, no one (unless the devs themselves or the beta testers) know. And they look like to like this situation
Do you feel the silence? Well, then enjoy the silence!
This is the wonder of LFS - we don't know whats coming next. Enjoy the suspence. We never have known whats coming next, and we won't know whats coming next this time.

It MIGHT only take 5 minutes, but if they don't WANT To post then the time is irrelevent Can you please spend 5 minutes typing your address, phone number, and something you'd really hate to be sent though your letterbox? No, and no amount of moaning will make you change your mind...

Just drop it please. LFS is 100% playable. If you don't like the high nose bug enough to not use it, then don't. If you can't drive because of the weird low speed grip, then learn to drive cos it doesn't bother me often. LFS is a work in progress. S2 Final will still be a work in progress.

I don't get which bit of LFS's development style people (Brazilians) can't understand.
Quote from Mogar :I refuse to think that the devs are so busy that they can't even write 2 or 3 lines to tell what they've been doing (what would take less than 5 minutes).

Well said.

Quote from tristancliffe :If you can't drive because of the weird low speed grip, then learn to drive cos it doesn't bother me often.

Yes it bothers. You just don't notice it after you get used to it. But it isn't fixed by that. Everytime I play some other game and then come back to LFS it feels so weird. Even after playing RBR in gravel stages.
Quote from thisnameistaken :Or he's bought Civ 4 :eek:

heehee Civ4 can be a problem like that
Quote :I don't get which bit of LFS's development style people (Brazilians) can't understand.

Sometimes I think that you have not read the words on the LFS official website about what is LFS.

Quote : If you can't drive because of the weird low speed grip, then learn to drive cos it doesn't bother me often

I didn't complain about low grip, even on S1 days, and I still think that overall the cars have even more grip then they should. And I can drive with low grip quite above average.

The problem is the arcadish look that LFS got after so many months of bug exploit research that some have done, that resulted on everyone exploiting bugs. That made me loose interest on driving on LFS at least until something that recover the simulator atmosphere to LFS is done.

I look for a simulator, not a game, and for me, don't matter if it's LFS or any other software, what I want is a simulator with a simulation atmosphere, and not a simulator with arcadish atmosphere.

Too bad that there is no other simulator good enough until LFS recovers the simulation atmosphere.
Quote from Mogar :I refuse to think that the devs are so busy that they can't even write 2 or 3 lines to tell what they've been doing (what would take less than 5 minutes).

lol do you ever see me posting when im doing 3d stuff? lol absolutely not.. before i know it, hours have gone by from when i started
#17 - JJ72
Quote from XCNuse :no im hoping this will stop all the other threads and give some explination as to why we AREN'T hearing anything from the devs; because they are busy

instead of more people starting threads complaining that they arent saying anything..

Man, that's deep.
This thread is closed

The silence has come
(18 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG