The online racing simulator
me noob
(22 posts, started )
me noob
i am trying to get under 1.19 on BL with a XF GTR....

What kind a tires sould i use on half cloudy day?

Sorry for my bad english......
#2 - J@tko
Quote from richardnismo :i am trying to get under 1.19 on BL with a XF GTR....

What kind a tires sould i use on half cloudy day?

Sorry for my bad english......

If you just want it for a couple of laps (hotlapping), then use R2 tyres front and rear. If you want it for a longer race, use R3s on front and R2s on rear.
r2 (michelin) i tryed, pressure for 1.61 front and 1.67 rear, but still slide like an idiot, less pressure?? or more

LSD 71% 80% 180nm
#4 - J@tko
Quote from richardnismo :r2 (michelin) i tryed, pressure for 1.61 front and 1.67 rear, but still slide like an idiot, less pressure?? or more

LSD 71% 80% 180nm

You're past my setup knowledge!

It doesn't matter what tyre you use - they're all the same (but I use avon!)

For pressure, you want middle-to-low pressure for front, and middle for rears.

I've no idea about anything else, wait till someone more qualified comes!
thank anyway!
#6 - AMB
Try about 19 psi front and 21 back, on R2 Tyres, that won't last long, but if you want it for racing try R2 back and R3 front and put more pressure in the R2's for racing so they last longer, as long as you don't lock up in te corners and can keep the car stabilised they should last.

Messy
Also, Muchelin tires doesn't affact how long your tires will last or how much they grip. Sidewalls are only for the bling factor.
Quote from richardnismo :r2 (michelin)

:uglyhamme

i use hard compound on front and med compound on rear, this is so that i keep my front tires after driving hard, but is still able to launch my car cold
#9 - dev
Quote from atlantian ::uglyhamme

i use hard compound on front and med compound on rear, this is so that i keep my front tires after driving hard, but is still able to launch my car cold

You mean R4 on the front of the XFR and R3 on the back? Could you post a replay of that? I can barely keep my car on the road with cold R4's....
he meant the compounds he is using irl on his car. he's a demo racer
#11 - dev
Quote from AMB :Try about 19 psi front and 21 back, on R2 Tyres, that won't last long, but if you want it for racing try R2 back and R3 front and put more pressure in the R2's for racing so they last longer, as long as you don't lock up in te corners and can keep the car stabilised they should last.

Messy

i`ll tryed, still it looks to me like sliding on ice, laptime was 1.19.17

maybe it has something to do with my driving style, brake less as possible, and if you do do it hard
i am talking about XRG, I use the regular tires in front, and hybrid in the back
Quote from atlantian :i am talking about XRG, I use the regular tires in front, and hybrid in the back

is was talking about XF GTR, read the first thread
...whoops, the GTR car...
#16 - AMB
Quote from richardnismo :i`ll tryed, still it looks to me like sliding on ice, laptime was 1.19.17

maybe it has something to do with my driving style, brake less as possible, and if you do do it hard

Also if you are using manual gears it will help a lot with braking, go down gears while braking because it helps, be smooth on entry to the corner and on exit, I like to drive with flair, and also heel toe.
Quote from AMB :Also if you are using manual gears it will help a lot with braking, go down gears while braking because it helps, be smooth on entry to the corner and on exit, I like to drive with flair, and also heel toe.

I have 2 sets of Logitech G25.... Both are with manual 6 gears. 900 degrees steering wheel, clutch, brake and trottle

i cant be the racing gear
#18 - AMB
Quote from richardnismo :I have 2 sets of Logitech G25.... Both are with manual 6 gears. 900 degrees steering wheel, clutch, brake and trottle

For a start set your steering degrees lower try 540 and 720, what force feedback do you use? i normally use anything between 15 - 20 depending on the car.
Owned. Owned so hard.
Quote from richardnismo :I have 2 sets of Logitech G25.... Both are with manual 6 gears. 900 degrees steering wheel, clutch, brake and trottle

If you could provide a replay (preferably .spr), we could probably give you more pointers...
I really have no idea how to do that
Quote from richardnismo :I really have no idea how to do that

Do some driving offline, then, when ur finished, press '2', and choose a name for the replay. You can then find it in lfs/data/spr. Upload it here via attachments.

me noob
(22 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG