The online racing simulator
gear shifting and speed BACKLIGHT LCD DISPLAY for my own racing rig
i would like to ask because i am making my own racing rig now....
i would like to know is it possible to take the data from the game while playing..like the gears status,speed fuel....all the cookpit data and output such data in serial port.
i am making my own circuit with lcd display to take from serial port the game data and out put it on a small lcd..can any have any support from developers....the lcd is a small graphical one ...
plz reply soon

z.abou-eita
#2 - garph
well
the stuff u send me man
it not what iwant i know how to make the circuit and everything
i just want to know how to take gamedata to serial port
the one u sent has something to do with parralell port only..but thanks for the effort..need help thoguh.
I can't say I can offer much help on the topic since I don't know much about it myself however if truly interested in it, Yahoo and Google will tell you anything and everything you ever want to know. Of course you probably know this, I sure hope you do, but sometimes it easy to overlook those options...

Good luck on your project though.
ther was a prog for the momo afaik, it could work to (search for momo outgauge)
Quote from Zekas_ :
i know how to make the circuit and everything
i just want to know how to take gamedata to serial port

If that's the case then just read the docs that come with LFS (in the docs folder) - specifically what you care about is called OutGauge. You interface with it via a udp connection to localhost - depending on the language you'll use to make your mediating program you can find some ready libraries that wrap up the OutGauge output and handle the connections in the programming subforum.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG