The online racing simulator
#1 - xtian
facing the limits of the unlock keys on seperated systems
I installed 2 systems on my computer: win98 to use the old FF wheel and older games and win2K for programs and stuff.
I play LFS on win98 and work on the team skins in photoshop on win2K.
so everytime I want to take a screenshot of a replay and import it in photoshop, I have to run LFS in win2K and unlock S2, then back in win98 to unlock S2 again to play with the wheel.
so here i am now friday 7 pm home alone and illepall ALL illepall KEYS OF THE illepall MONTH HAVE BEEN illepall USED I'M illepall DOOMED TO PLAY DEMO FOR THE illepall REST OF THE illepall MONTH. I haven't even played LFS this month!
so I'm pretty pissed off. and I know the only bug was me being stoopid
#2 - Jakg
Quote from xtian :I installed 2 systems on my computer: win98 to use the old FF wheel and older games and win2K for programs and stuff.
I play LFS on win98 and work on the team skins in photoshop on win2K.
so everytime I want to take a screenshot of a replay and import it in photoshop, I have to run LFS in win2K and unlock S2, then back in win98 to unlock S2 again to play with the wheel.
so here i am now friday 7 pm home alone and illepall ALL illepall KEYS OF THE illepall MONTH HAVE BEEN illepall USED I'M illepall DOOMED TO PLAY DEMO FOR THE illepall REST OF THE illepall MONTH. I haven't even played LFS this month!
so I'm pretty pissed off. and I know the only bug was me being stoopid

if you email victor and tell him why youve used up your unlock keys he will give you another unlock
sounds like you have a work flow problem. get a program like hoversnap! to take screens shots in 98 while viewing replays. it saves the screenshot as file in a folder you specifiy, (i use a folder on the desktop), and then just switch to w2k to work with the files, this keeps you from having to do multiple unlocks. that or install PS on your 98 partition too.
Seems like a hassle to have to switch between win98 and win2k everytime. Why not just buy a better wheel?
#5 - xtian
Money !
Let me get this straight. Are you saying you use Windows 2000 only to work on team skins, like in creating and designing the skin? And you use Windows 98 for actual racing online? If you are only using Win2k for creating skins and just want to preview your work, then get the CMX Viewer on the lfs website. It doesn't cost anything, works externally from LFS S2, and will allow you to preview your skins with rotating the car around and stuff. That way, there is no need to use the actual LFS program to preview your skins and no need to unlock LFS for Win2k. If this is not what you mean and you need to use LFS in both operating systems, then create a second instance of LFS (ie copy LFS to a new folder called LFS_W2K or unzip the original download into a new folder) and unlock that one for Win2k. Then each OS will have it's own working LFS folder.
#7 - xtian
sure. that's just What I do. I only unlocked S2 a few times to take screenshots or races with multiple cars and import them to photoshop.
that was stupid, i know
actually, most of my "older" games just don't work on win2k and win 98 is just not stable enough to work properly on large files. so I just choose a system on boot depending if i about tu use the computer to play or to work.
What about installing LFS twice in different directories, so it won't get locked everytime you change the OS?
Quote from GP4Flo :What about installing LFS twice in different directories, so it won't get locked everytime you change the OS?

Was thinking of that, too
Quote from ATHome :Was thinking of that, too

I was thinking the same as well. Er, just read the last 2 sentences of my post up there ^^^^ .
i hadn't think about that
thanks for the idea

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG