The online racing simulator
same setup servers
(11 posts, started )
same setup servers
i have been playing lfs on and off for a while now and there is only ong thing that annoys me about this brilliant game, its all about the setup, i know thats part of racing but real racers generally have someone to do that for them......i would like to see a option where everyone has to run the hosts setup on a server or atleast all the same if its from a different racer, this would show how good you are at racing especialy if you dont know much about setting up and the physics of a race car does anyone agree with me?
Quote from MIDWINTER :i have been playing lfs on and off for a while now and there is only ong thing that annoys me about this brilliant game, its all about the setup, i know thats part of racing but real racers generally have someone to do that for them......i would like to see a option where everyone has to run the hosts setup on a server or atleast all the same if its from a different racer, this would show how good you are at racing especialy if you dont know much about setting up and the physics of a race car does anyone agree with me?

+1

This makes the whole field equal, and before the whole community starts moaning about preference in settings, it does not take a minute to adapt.

This concept works a treat in rfactor and it makes for much beter closer racing.
This sort of option would be nice especially for stock servers and such:

a) The server could hold the setup, everyone gets it from the server.

b) The server sets bounds for setups, all setups most be within bounds. I.e., slight changes like tire pressure, ARBs, wings are allowed, rest not.
+1

No more need to tweak a setup for every car in every track, and you still have a chance of winning.
+1 !

At least road car classes should have this option. But first we need drivable and realistic default setups.

edit: by the way, the auto search gave you this. And it was "revisited" in 2005...
As mentioned, suggested before but I`ll agree with it fullheartly
Thats a thing that SHOULD been implented long time ago, and it wouldn`t be too hard implenting eighter. Like, leagues running classes with fixed setups would be awesome, or setup regulations. Meaning people were forced to use realistic tyre pressures etc etc.
#7 - xtm
This feature needs to have some limitations though, allowing the users to select their own braking power/balance. Because mouse/kb users are unable to gradually apply braking power, unlike their wheel competitors.

This is the only one i can think of the top of my head. Maybe the ability to change steering lock as well.
thanx 4 all the support i would like this to hopefully be in lfs oneday
Quote from xtm :This feature needs to have some limitations though, allowing the users to select their own braking power/balance. Because mouse/kb users are unable to gradually apply braking power, unlike their wheel competitors.

This is the only one i can think of the top of my head. Maybe the ability to change steering lock as well.

totaly agree , i have problems apply breake all the time and thats is a problem , because you lose to much braking with kb
thnk you for the reply i hope to try keep this thread alive and gain more support if possible
#11 - Woz
Has come up loads of times but +1

Would also like the ability to lock only certain settings. Such as gears, diff etc to have seal engine racing but allow susspension changes etc.

same setup servers
(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG