The online racing simulator
So I got a G25 as a B-day present...
When I go home next weekend, it should be waiting for me . I am currently using an Xbox360 pad with XBCD drivers (so throttle/brake are on separate axes). The main problem with the pad is lack of input smoothness; I think it's the main reason why I hit a brickwall about 6-7 sec off the WR (e.g. in FZR on BL1/RACE_S, in a moment of enlightenment I set a 1.13.03 lap, and I'm pretty sure I could make it stable, but the pad is frustrating enough I don't want to put hours of practice in it).

My question is, what should I expect? I would be really interested to hear others who switched from pads to wheels. What adjustments did you have to make to your driving style? Did it take a long time to acclimatize? Did your times improve, and by how much?

Thanks!

P.S.
I thought this is the best sub-forum for the thread, but if a mod feels I'd get better responses in General Discussion, could you move it plz?
It will take some getting used to, that's for sure. Don't expect to be running WRs right out of the box.
Quote from shiny_red_cobra :It will take some getting used to, that's for sure. Don't expect to be running WRs right out of the box.

its a great wheel thats for sure,but its seems like for every1 the reverse is dieing,mine just dead today,i think this will be a problem g25 users.(i had mine for 1.5 year almost)
Yah..it will take a couple weeks to get used to the wheel and shifting. Then you should go get a decent setup... The Race_S sets can't do WR times so go to Inferno, Setupfield or somthing and get a set
Thanks to all who replied.

Heh, obviously I don't expect to beat any WRs any time soon (or ever ). I was just wondering how badly pads hampered other people's progress, to assure myself that it's not my own suckiness .

Matt, I know about setupfield. Some of those setups amplify the pad's inherent problems though. Seems I'll be literally rediscovering the game with the wheel.

P.S.
Today I got GPL and RBR in the mail Something tells me G25 will not be collecting dust.
#6 - Tisza
Lucky you! Congrats!!

I bought my DFP 3 weeks ago, I had a Logitech FFGP before. It wasn't easy at first, because dfp is 900° and my old wheel was 180° ... i never turned a wheel more than 180° .) So in time You'll get used to it! You know what they say, practice makes perfect
awesome present - have fun
Thanks guys!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG