The online racing simulator
Laging
(12 posts, started )
Laging
when im playing multiplaying the cars are laging enough to put me of, when playing the game i have nothing else running, any one no how to sort this problem out?
#2 - Gunn
More information would be useful. Like your basic PC specs, ping to the server, number of players in game etc.
Also what type of net conection you have, network connection if applicable...
amd athlon 1800 runs at 1.5 have broadband and yhe server im on in pheonix racing,
also only about 5 cars in race, some times the names going flying past me. its strange
Quote from jjones :also only about 5 cars in race, some times the names going flying past me. its strange

Thats probably just lag correction to be honest.

With regards to lagging it could be down to a few things. Theres been a lot of commentry about Wifi (which you dont seem to use), theres also a widely known idea floating around that LFS needs a reasonably high spec PC to play, and I'm not sure how well a 1800 Althon would cope as I've not played on a machine of that spec for sometime.

A few things to check; drivers, in particular network cards and any modem drivers, your ISP's status page to see if they're having any issues, your PC to check that you havent got any really weird stuff running (although you've said you havent). You might also want to check the level of free physical RAM and page file usage (you can see this in the TaskManager, under the Performance tab), if its all fairly highly used then it could be a lot of paging is killing the machine.

Hope some of that helps
i just run task manager wilst the game was running and the cpu usage is in then 90% mark , the paging file is low i have 678 mb of ram, even typing this the game is running in the back ground and its in the 93% to 99%.
Do you have any other processes taking up much cpu time in task manager? Or have a local network? Do the servers your connecting to have a low ping? Its measured in "ms" in the list.

I doubt its your processor..I run an Athlon 2000 and have no lag problems, and thats going through my LAN onto a 512kb ADSL line, with all the visual settings up.
At the time i had other things running so thats probelt why cpu ussage was hi. I like that picture i have a ultrex evo never use it, would sell it but not sure were to sell it.
The Ultrex Evo is made by Protech? If its the one I'm thinking of you won't get a huge sum for it as its basically a rip off, of the Ofna Hyper 7 I think. If you listed it on Ebay you might see £80.

Back on topic, try again with nothing else running and see how it goes. As your in the UK and have broadband your line shouldn't cause any lag problems.
A ping is the time it takes for a packet to travel to the server and back.
Yes

Laging
(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG