The online racing simulator
Movie: Mohammed
(27 posts, started )
A new movie from me then. It runs at 0.5 and the intention is to show off LFS's physics.
As always, you won't find strange attempts at story or drama here, just movies of cars going passed, hopefully in an aesthetically pleasing manner and at a decent quality. The movie was made using Fraps to capture and Virtual Dub to edit and compile. Comments are welcome.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AR4OXNYV
http://www.divshare.com/download/3841173-240
Preview: http://youtube.com/watch?v=WiH-TiZtJO8
Resolution: 800*600
Duration: 0:04:03
Video: 465kbps @ 60 fps (xvid)
File Size: 115,731,130 bytes

-EDIT-

And another lil bonus movie
http://www.mediafire.com/?9jxjpvxbpmb
Preview: http://youtube.com/watch?v=Sw29MsAwI8E
Resolution: 800*600
Duration: 0:02:17
Video: 317kbps @ 60 fps (xvid)
File Size: 44,823,318 bytes
You know what happened when they called a teddy bear by this name, what about an LFS movie
And there was something with comics, i should change the name before it is too late

[edit]Watched it. Nice movie. Liked the music. What is it?
By its name I expect some "Allah Al Akhbar"-style suicide crashes. Let's see...
Watched it: I'd guess the BEER car is being driven by said Mohammed?
Quote from marzman :[edit]Watched it. Nice movie. Liked the music. What is it?

The song is called 'Mohammed', by the Dandy Worhols
Not meant to offend anyone or anything.
You have succeeded in making a movie that is very asthetically pleasing. In terms of graphics from the game - you really brough the best out of it. You must have an amazing frame rate to get slow motion to look that good! It's also good that you only used crashes that were pretty realistic too.

Awesome movie!
Noo, megaupload always suxx in Hungary..The slots are always full
#8 - ebola
I really enjoyed that movie and as Mp3 Astra says the quality is just so good. The bonus movie wasn't too bad either!
Thanks for the comments.

I've uploaded previews to youtube but tbh, they look sh1thouse.
When I convert the movies in WMM (and 30FPS), they turn into a stuttering mess. Any tips on how to prevent this will be met with great kudos.

Mp3 Astra: My machine is surprisingly modest. Athlon 3000+ 6800GT (AGP) and 1GB RAM.

Töki (HUN): I'm uploading to Rapidshare as I type. Hopefully you can download from here. I'm off to bed now, but I should have a link for you in 8 hours or so, so keep an eye on the OP.
EDIT Had no luck with Rapidshare, but uploaded to Divshare (see top)
Quote from farcar :The song is called 'Mohammed', by the Dandy Worhols

U dont know how releaved i am wright now

Edit:nice movie!!
Quote from farcar :The song is called 'Mohammed', by the Dandy Worhols

Ah I was wondering where that came from. Nice video... Although it lacks a lot of cars and there wasn't anything really special, it was nicely put together. If you had some better racing action and maybe an effect or two, that would looked perfect. I love your usage of camera angles but considering the plot of the story and the action of the video I have to give it a 8/10.
Quote from Töki (HUN) :Noo, megaupload always suxx in Hungary..The slots are always full

Aren't they always full disregarding your Country? Isn't that just a cheap trick to make users download their toolbar?

Great movie! Very smooth and estethic
i think that it was a very good movie. ways to improve:
> video transactions. they were very jerky, sometimes endig up with a frozen car in the middle of the movie, try smoothing them out
>the clips i think were ended to soon, you need to have an ending, not just cars left on the screen, you need ore of the good stuf =]

overall its a good moie! 8/10
#14 - d6nn
dude its AWESOME!!!!!! i love it. it shows that - in racing ''shit happens''
The end is great!
9.5/10
One word:

Stage6

Ppl Youtube is so last year
Quote from SpikeyMarcoD :One word:

Stage6

Ppl Youtube is so last year

Youtube is perfect for my shitty net

Great movie 10/10
Loved the crash at the end. It's so rare to see a realistic looking crash in LFS, lol.
Quote from Stang70Fastback :Loved the crash at the end. It's so rare to see a realistic looking crash in LFS, lol.

Damn right.

Nice movie.
#19 - JJ72
You captured some really special moments compare to other slow mo movies,great job! credits to scawan for improving the AI as well.
What I find funny about this movie is that we see names of some of the greatest racing drivers ever, headed up by "Beer". I love it!
Great movie! Job well done!
8/10
Why did you give it such a name?
it's been here forever and I have decided to "ok, im going to watch some suckage" and went for it to find out a very strong movie which I enjoyed...
really, give movies proper names...like Frank or Carl... j/k...
giving movies people's names doesn't work though
Quote from squidhead :give movies proper names...

Never! My next movie is going to be called 'Mucus'.

Thanks for the comments though everyone and I'm glad that people enjoyed watching it.
Quote from farcar :Never! My next movie is going to be called 'Mucus'.

Oh my God! Are you comparing Muhammed to Mucus???

(27 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG