The online racing simulator
The GTA IV thread
(1843 posts, started )
#76 - CSU1
Quote from pb32000 :Well I imagine no one mentioned it as those posts are nearly a year old. How is your post* any better sorry?

Huh? i ain't trying to better anyone....I was just pointing out that people where kinda knocking it without even discussing other areas of the game
Agreed the game storyline was abit boring and my god did it take up a heck ova lota space on the hdd but SAMP played a big role in testing and ironing out the bugs for multiplay. Imo any title that provides a platform for dozens of people to free-roam around a city with hellicopters/planes/bikes/jump-jets/boats/hover-craft etc. deserves a little more respect as it is/was the best fun ever.

Sadly SAMP never recieived much support from Rockstar to carry the testing further iirc but if the impact that it did have is anything to go by this release is gonna be the shnitzy.

Also, talking of GTA as a platform I'd love to see a script editor with this one, the editor for SAMP was way too confusing to use and just took too much time to get running right. The best mod of em all would be the abillity to design ones own buildings(staying within the confines of origional structures obviously) and being able too edit/paint the internal rooms too. The current method of scripting the AI is cack tbh, a nice GUI editor would go down a treat and then we could design mini societys and communitys feeding off one and other...kinda like a supercharged Sim-City but with a whole lot more possibilites.
I don't know why, but possibilty of designing cultures/societys/classes and commnitys really appeals to me and atm GTA is the only title thus far to produce a possibly workable platform. I guess if GTA did eventually give us the abillity to give each AI a decent script we could then go sorting the AI by culture/class/location/community, the AI would do everything real people do everyday and they would also have needs and wants ie. each class striving to become a member of the next higher class. It's the breaking point that would be fun to watch/analyze, when say I only allow £100 billion to be circulated between the classes and then I remove say 20 billion War!

The scenarios for SAMP where pretty fun to play my fav being 'Protect the president' which involved two teams either side of the map and the president in the middle, the game would begin and everyone would scramble for different vehicles, try to imagine 50-60 people converging in an explosive battle meanwhile the choppers are buzzing around trying to pick the President up to take him to a safe place, which by that point the road-chase has begun. A simple yet brilliantly fun scenario.
Quote from CSU1 :

Sadly SAMP never recieived much support from Rockstar to carry the testing further iirc but if the impact that it did have is anything to go by this release is gonna be the shnitzy.

Whoa, sorry, I thought you miss-spelt spam. Massive brain fart there, completely forgot about the multiplayer. In which case my post up there is completely wrong lol, sorry about that.
I just preordered mine from game.com for the 360!

I ordered the special edition, it looks very good. The game stays the same, but you get a bunch of extra stuff like Music CD, Artbook with exclusive art from the game, big duffle rockstar bag, and a safety deposit box with keys and a R* keychain ;d

It seems like a better deal on 360 too. Theres an extra 10 hours of episodes you can download for it, but it is undecided whether you have to pay or not.

Anyone know whether it will have this content for PC too?
I think it will be a very good game. With nice graphic and sound.
I will buy it for my PS3, and I cant wait
#80 - CSU1
Quote from pb32000 :Whoa, sorry, I thought you miss-spelt spam. Massive brain fart there, completely forgot about the multiplayer. In which case my post up there is completely wrong lol, sorry about that.

ROFL! I thought I'd gotten up someones nose or something, was wondering why i got the negative response lol....shudda gone to Specsavers mate
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :Anyone know whether it will have this content for PC too?

At the moment, there isn't even talk about a PC version at all, which is a real shame...
Quote from bbman :At the moment, there isn't even talk about a PC version at all, which is a real shame...

Darn. I did here them talking about PC back in last april, but then that all died off though.

I really hope it does come out for PC at some point though, because i would love to mod it, and being able to have nicer graphics is a + too
#83 - CSU1
...just back from Game in Dublin and they tell me they are expecting their delivery on the 29th of next month...
Probably because thats the official release date...
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Probably because thats the official release date...

lol indeed, i should have be able to found it on the inet before u went to see the game in dublin thing
#86 - CSU1
Ahh! so it seems pb32000 ain't the only one making an arse out of themselfs in here today

anyway the release date changed so many times I didn't know what/who to believe...and the interwebs is sooo confuzing nowadays
Well they put it on the official site, so its confirmed. I've just pre-ordered the special edition one for the 360, normally I laugh at people who waste money of special editions, but this one actually has some stuff I need, a new bag and a safety deposit box.
Quote from bbman :At the moment, there isn't even talk about a PC version at all, which is a real shame...

Wasn't it the same with previous titles too, with the PS2 exclusive era: exclusive release +6 months for PC version. And not much talk about PC version before that. Everyone is expecting PC version, but there is no official word on it

Am I the only who thinks this game looks like... not so amazing? On some screenshots very crappy actually. The possibly immensively big scale of the city should not be a excuse for nearly PS2-level textures. And that bloom makes my eyes bleed. Don't know would it look better or even worse without, even that I hate bloom, in every game and in everywhere. And on top of that in the trailers FPS has been complete opposite of "silky smooth".
#89 - CSU1
Quote from deggis :Wasn't it the same with previous titles too, with the PS2 exclusive era: exclusive release +6 months for PC version. And not much talk about PC version before that. Everyone is expecting PC version, but there is no official word on it

Yep, iirc ps2 owners had a long wait for it, Im nearly shure it was exclusive to xbox then the pc version came out and finaly the ps2 version. Does anyone know of any other Rockstar titles that kept us waiting and waiting....and waiting for a release? i'm just starting to think it maybe a marketing strategy....

kinda OT: What was all that talk of LFSnoob/Niko being the voiceover to the main charecter or something??? is this true??? if so I imagine that lil bugger already has himself a copy
Quote from CSU1 :Yep, iirc ps2 owners had a long wait for it, Im nearly shure it was exclusive to xbox then the pc version came out and finaly the ps2 version. Does anyone know of any other Rockstar titles that kept us waiting and waiting....and waiting for a release? i'm just starting to think it maybe a marketing strategy....

You've missread that post from deggis. I'm sure he meant that the ps2 version was out first (therefor being "exclusive").

There is no way that the PS2 version wasn't released first. It has always been released first for the Playstation. I'm 99.9% sure about that!
#91 - CSU1
Quote from jibber :You've missread that post from deggis. I'm sure he meant that the ps2 version was out first (therefor being "exclusive").

There is no way that the PS2 version wasn't released first. It has always been released first for the Playstation. I'm 99.9% sure about that!

...im getting mixed up on what consoles i had and when I remember now, some b*stard in the shop convinced me to buy the first xbox instead of the ps2...im just mixed up sowy
Yup, I meant that.

GTA3:
PS2 - NA October 22, 2001
Windows - NA May 20, 2002
Xbox - NA October 31, 2003 <-- xbox wasn't even out yet when it was released for PS2, so... that explains the late release

Vice City:
PS2 - NA October 27, 2002
Windows - NA May 12, 2003
Xbox - NA October 31, 2003

San Andreas:
PS2 - NA October 26, 2004
Windows - NA June 7, 2005
Xbox - NA June 7, 2005

Dates from wikipedia.

*NA = North America...

I'm still preparing for the worst-case-scenario: no PC version at all. You know, it's just not an important market anymore
Okii i thought this thread was worthy of a bump since there is only 33 days until gta iv is released so i thought we could start discussing it again. I am quite looking forwards to this games cause i've had vc and sa in the past and quite enjoyed them. The graphic content looks quite realsitic and the cars dont just blow up from one bullet the glass shatters and doors get ripped off. This game will be quite good hopefully.
I played with all GTA versions from the start and it was great fun. I hope they release GTA IV to PC and I really hope that its hardware requirements are not too high because I don't want to upgrade my PC in the near future.
those are quite funny. although i'd try to set the hybrid on fire then drive throught the explosion in the db9 look alike.
The last of the teaser videos is being made available at 10pm tonight as well. so expect the innerwebs to be struggling with the strain
Im glad the cars dont blow up when on there roofs. I hated that...

REALLY REALLY looking forward to this game.
yay 1 more teaser until the game is released. when we get gta iv on here no one will play lfs for a while i guess then?
Quote from Luke.S :yay 1 more teaser until the game is released. when we get gta iv on here no one will play lfs for a while i guess then?

I know i certainly wont be

The GTA IV thread
(1843 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG