The online racing simulator
A simple one.... Track Name available while on server...
Unless you can recognise the track by the layout, there is no way of identifying which track it is...
With reverse, there are what?... 14 different Aston layouts...

Would be nice to have the track layout title available somewhere... The Garage would be probably the best place.

I'm new, perhaps in time I will recognize them, but I still don't think this is a bad idea. Yes the track name is listed when you choose the server... but I've forgotten what it said by the time I have logged in illepall

If I am missing something and just don't know where to look... someone please point me in the right direction.
+1
Track name in garage :up:

I'd like to know where I am when I'm there, without having to remember where I chose to go before I left where I was to get where I am.
Nice idea!!

FYI, when you are in a car, you can type "/w pb" and it will display your pb and have the track listed in it's abbreviation, ie as3 for Aston National. Then you only have to learn all the abbreviations rather than what you clicked 2 seconds ago . Of course, by the time you remember all the abbreviations, you'd know all the tracks by the map by then.
Bump!

This came up again last night, we had 2 or 3 people (including myself!) asking what combo we were on

+1!
yep, thats something that REALLY annoys me!
Track name then the track code in brackets after it
/w pb ?
Especially when you click on 'Find User Online' (when looking for mates) then you are transported magically to an unknown track with no idea what set to use.
+1
Need full track name not just abbreviations

/w pb to see you Personal Best time on that track in that car
Quote from Turbo Dad :

/w pb to see you Personal Best time on that track in that car

Yes, and it already says you the track acronim

However +1
+10

When I'm creating a new set online, I always end up forgetting what track I'm on. And I don't know the acronyms well enough to ID them from those
Good idea.

/w pb is just about useable, but it would be nicer to have the proper track name in the garage.
Quote from SpaceMarineITA :Yes, and it already says you the track acronim

However +1

pb thing was in response to Barroso

dont know the 3 letter codes , need full names
don't need one
#13 - Gunn
This has been mentioned before, but +1 from me too.
yea alot of people dont know about commands,would be nice to have some stats displayed in garage on a separate menu or something, maybe a mini lfsworld inside our pit but name and acronym would be fine, but then id like a "wich way is it" sign when you leave the pits.
I know all the names by the track map, but don't know many of the abbreviations. I printed out a cheat list of them from a previous thread. I wasn't that worried about it in my very long ago post up there to go hunt down the thread. But my cheat list printout is folded in half and I just thought to turn it over to see the bottom and bingo, there's the url. So, here ya go. Print this out. Just add AS6 as Aston GT and AS7 as Aston North as this thread was from before the big patch update...

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=68279#post68279
#16 - mr_x
+1 from me too. the longer FE tracks get me stuck!
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
:bump: What are All of the tracks codes, or where do i find em?

Sorry for bump, but no need to open new topic when it here already!
Thank you verymuch!
+1.

Wanted to see this for a few patches now, but still hasn't happened.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG