The online racing simulator
S2 Lan problem
(12 posts, started )
S2 Lan problem
Hi all!

Recently i tryied to run LFS at my home lan and a ran into some problems.
I found out that wille i could create and join dedicated lan demo servers i couldn't join if s1 or s2 dedicated lan games . i've come to remenber that i had the same problem in s1 once.
I made a test, runed dedi demo and it worked, changed only /mode=demo to /mode=s2 and it stop working and just says, type a valid ip adress, but it is valid because it works with the demo.
I never had any problems in creating dedi online servers but in lan ones....

Did any one else experience this?
No one?
Tbh, I've not heard of this.

It could be that your download of the dedicated server is broken slightly. You may wish to try downloading another copy of it and see if it still does it.

Also, how are you trying to connect to the server? From the S2 client?
#4 - ekze
The version is perfect, it works for online demo/s1/s2 and demo in lan, the only problem is s1 and s2 on lan.

I'm conecting to the server acording to its setings, demo mode if its under demo, s1 in s1, and so on...

As i said i'm only chaging 1 paremetrer in server seting(/mode=) and it should work, the ip's are the same, if demo works s1 and s2 should also work.

If some one as a home network and can test this it would be apretiated
Will try and test this out tonight.
Anyone tested?
There's an extra IP validation check in licensed mode : you have to use a legal private ip address :
- 10.x.y.z
- from 172.16.x.y to 172.31.x.y
- 192.168.x.y

This is not required in demo mode, so LFS will work with any other address in demo mode, but not in S1 or S2 mode.

As I know, your computers have to be in the same ip network too (means same ip netid), ie 192.168.1.2 and 192.168.1.3
You mean that ip's in the 192.106.xxx.xxx range wouldn't work?
Assuming mosquito is right, then yes - it wouldnt work
Quote from RJC_pt :You mean that ip's in the 192.106.xxx.xxx range wouldn't work?

Yes, that's exactly what I mean : as I know, it'll work in demo mode, but not in any licensed mode.
Tanks, it did work :yipee:

changed ip's to 192.168.xxx.xxx range and its ok now.

Problem solved :leb:

S2 Lan problem
(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG