The online racing simulator
LFS & RoR.
(31 posts, started )
LFS & RoR.
ok in lfs i get about 17fps with 15+ cars ahead of me with about mid settings and in Rig of rods i get less then 8 with less than 6 cars with all settings on the lowest setting... who can help me
Ive noticed in RoR theres a setting for CPU, Change that to 1.Single core. I gained about 20 FPS with that.
i still only get about 10 fps around buildings
Quote from mutt107 :ok in lfs i get about 17fps with 15+ cars ahead of me with about mid settings and in Rig of rods i get less then 8 with less than 6 cars with all settings on the lowest setting... who can help me

Well, dont take any of this the wrong way but if you still have the same machine on which you took that picture of your RB4 on the beach, then dont expect a machine like that to play something like Rigs Of Rod. Whats the full specs of your machine?
its a new one but has a stupid gfx card
here it is

Intel(R) 82945G Express Chipset Family
Quote from mutt107 :its a new one but has a stupid gfx card
here it is

Intel(R) 82945G Express Chipset Family

That does'nt really tell me much about the specs, but i have heard about that chipset. Make sure the chipsets display adapter is fully upto date. I've heard that there not upto date when there straight from the the factory (as most pc's) and so they need to be upto date regulary, which helps with the PC's performance.

Could you try and tell me the complete specs?

I dont need to know everything down to memory clock speeds or nothing like that, just basic things like Processor, graphics, ram and PSU would be a good shot too.

blocked the personal stuff.
Attached images
mycpu.jpg
Your processor is ok, but its not terribly strong when playing a game like LFS. LFS does'nt support multi threading, so in other words, it does'nt support the use of duo-core/quad core. Basically, when your playing LFS, LFS is only able to use one core, so its only using 1.6ghz or less of your CPU. Combine that with your graphics (which im still trying to find out btw :razz and it wont make a terribly good machine. Your ram looks ok, but it could do with upgrading. What type of ram is it? DDR2 or something else?

Also, my main question...Is your machine a laptop or a desktop? If its a desktop, then you could maybe look into saving up some cash and upgrading (providing the perforamance bothers you). If you do decide to upgrade, i would suggest CPU, RAM and possible graphics, but im not sure what graphics card/chipset you have yet so i cant comment on that. About rigs of rod, it is a VERY demanding game CPU wise due to all the physics calculations that have to be done. Even my Q6600 struggles sometimes if i have alot going on in that game. All i can suggest really is make sure the settings is on "2 cores". You should get decentish performance.
my cpu is a desktop im thinking about getting a laptop so i can play halo 3 online but for now got no cash... well i will try with the dual thing thank you for the help .
Quote from mutt107 :my cpu is a desktop im thinking about getting a laptop so i can play halo 3 online but for now got no cash... well i will try with the dual thing thank you for the help .

Glad i could help buddy. Anymore questions or if you need help, feel free to send me a PM or hit me up on MSN.
u have onboard grafix, buy a better cpu, (more ram?) better GFX
lol, i get 200 FPS in that game
Quote from Bose321 :lol, i get 200 FPS in that game

Thanks for contributing to the topic. Now go out and grow up and get a girl.
This is my system rating but cause i use nhancer i only get bout 150fps in LFS cause i have aa on full.
Attached images
My System rating.jpg
#15 - Jakg
"System Rating" aka Windows Experience Rating is the most pointless tool on the planet. It's capped at 5.9 which means a PC with a DX9 GFX card and a slower CPU/RAM could get the same score, and it also seems to be imbalanced (the "slowest" part of my PC is my HDD's according to it, but in game it's my CPU)
where is aa and what is it?
AA= Anti alising and it's from a programme called nHancer which is made for Nvidea gfx cards.
well i dont got the kind of card so...
Never mind Luke.

AA = Anti-aliasing. It removes the jaggies you see on your screen. You can enable AA in your ATI drivers. The higher the AA setting, the prettier LFS will look. However, you might have lower fps
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :Well, dont take any of this the wrong way but if you still have the same machine on which you took that picture of your RB4 on the beach, then dont expect a machine like that to play something like Rigs Of Rod. Whats the full specs of your machine?

We all know that you have a supercomputer with 8GB of ram, a 300TB Hard drive, a 8800GTS and a Intel hecto-core processor (I mean why would you need 100 cores anyway?).
Quote from JO53PHS :We all know that you have a supercomputer with 8GB of ram, a 300TB Hard drive, a 8800GTS and a Intel hecto-core processor (I mean why would you need 100 cores anyway?).

Sorry 8giigawaywhatnow?

At no point in any of my posts in this thread, have i started shouting about my specs. All i have said was that i had a Q6600, and that it plays games like this better, and then i gone on to advise him to think about purchasing either a better duo processor, or go for a quad at some point in the future. So, tell me joseph, what have you contributed to this thread, apart from shouting at me with false information and moaning like a little girl? Either help the guy, say something that is on topic or piss off.

@ Mutt. As Erik said, AA (AntiAliasing) is what helps get rid of the jaggies that you see around the edges of cars, building etc. in games.
The more you have, the smoother the images look but you may get a decrease in performance. How big or small the performance loss is depends on your machine.

If i am honest, i dont think that with on-board graphics, you will be able to mess with AA/AF settings. Im sure you could try, but dont have your hopes high.
#23 - Jakg
Quote from Luke.S :AA= Anti alising and it's from a programme called nHancer which is made for Nvidea gfx cards.

Erm, what?

AA is available from the nVidia drivers direct, nHancer just makes it easier. ATi cards also do AA (in fact they do it better), even the newer Intel onboards do AA.
Quote from JO53PHS :We all know that you have a supercomputer with 8GB of ram, a 300TB Hard drive, a 8800GTS and a Intel hecto-core processor (I mean why would you need 100 cores anyway?).

LOL@8800GTS. Wouldn't he have 3x 8800 Ultra's?
Quote from mutt107 :thats from my old computer i got a new one since then with over 210gb of hard drive space

Because of course, altering your total storage capacity will really change how LFS screenies look.

LFS & RoR.
(31 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG