The online racing simulator
european-american immigrants
(9 posts, started )
hi, i am doing a project for my humanities class about american immigrations, and we are in need of some information about peoples of Irish decent.

Is there anyone Irish on this forum who knows people who immigrated to America and could maybe tell me more about it? or is there anyone who immigrated themselves?

and it would be nice if we can get a phone conversation(since we are making a "podcast" and we would need people's voices)
Basically Ireland is a s*hithole with crap weather and no work lol

nah started years back when Ireland was struck with the "famine" which was a blight on Irish crops which resulted in major increase in death rates.
Since then people have been imagrating to the U.S.A .

tbh don't use this in the project lol
Try looking around on the web on some of Ireland's histort surely you will be able to Google something up

best of luck
Quote from atlantian :hi, i am doing a project for my humanities class about american immigrations, and we are in need of some information about peoples of Irish decent.

Is there anyone Irish on this forum who knows people who immigrated to America and could maybe tell me more about it? or is there anyone who immigrated themselves?

and it would be nice if we can get a phone conversation(since we are making a "podcast" and we would need people's voices)

Go talk to one of your neighbours, i'm sure they claim to be irish...
oh, we are doing a contrast of 4 groupes:

a)early asian american(research online)
b)recent asian american(interviewed my mom and my friend's moms)
c)early irish immigrant(online research)
d)recent irish immigrant(i am inquiring about this now)

i need to talk to someone over skype or msn(with mic) for this project, i posted on this forum for this inquiry because it seems like there is a decent irish population here
Sully " knocks on neighbours house " neighbour replies " sorry me no speak English" ??

Guess not Niall lol
Quote from niall09 :Go talk to one of your neighbours, i'm sure they claim to be irish...

no actually, my groupemates are going around and phoning irish bars for employees(that are recent immigrants) that we can interview... i just hoping to get some more insight from you guys, and maybe someone who has family that immigrated,

you know, a different perspective, from the family or friends of immigrants.
Quote from 11SuLLy11 :Sully " knocks on neighbours house " neighbour replies " sorry me no speak English" ??

Guess not Niall lol

That wasnt aimed at you

As for recent Irish emmigration to America, I really dont think it is that much

Best of luck with your project though
Quote from atlantian :phoning irish bars for employees(that are recent immigrants) that we can interview

That's where they'll be all right.

Haven't many Irish imigrants joined the police force? Might be worth to try asking around your local police station.
^thx for the advice hare, we might check out catholic churches(i'm not being sarcastic) too.

but I am trying to get some perspectives from the family and friends(as a bonus)

(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG