The online racing simulator
Ai's setups
(8 posts, started )
Ai's setups
In the latest patch, it seems that the AIs have their unique set ups, even tho I select to give them the driver's set. I can drive side-by-side and shift at the same point, yet they leave me like I'm standing still.

I review the replays to see their speeds and while they slow down in the turns, they usually drive 3 to 5 mph faster than me on the straights. Now, if they use the same set as the driver, their cars should have the same speed as mine at top rpm.

Many folks don't have any use for the AIs, but I think they are helpful for practice when there isn't anyone online to practice with. It'd be nice if we had more realistic AIs to help us sharpen our skills.
Maybe they shift gears faster?

And they could be getting off the corners better, just because you're shifting at the same part of the track doesn't mean you're at the same RPM as them.
I guess they just shifts gear betters and such. They can react imidiatly (wrong spelled, fast as possible), and therfor I belive they gain that extra speed from good shifting.
As you probably know, the most crucial factor governing your speed down the the straight is your exit from the last corner.

You can easily test by giving them a ridiculous set-up.
Try the running-along-the-straights thing with a car using an automated sequential gearbox and see what happens. But, by far the most important thing is the corner exit, as we know. Bear in mind that a difference in speed will change as the actual speed of each car increases, this might be where you're noticing the differences.

But this is all by-the-by, as Ikaponthus says, just butcher their gears and see what they do

Sam
#6 - wark
They are carrying less fuel.
Quote from LFSn00b :immediately

Thanks Damn, why does english have so retardingly (lol) words?
#8 - wark
Quote from The Very End :imidiatly/therfor/belive

Just press your E key more often. It's the most common letter—you're bound to be right most of the time! ;]

(but remember therefore and therefor have two entirely different meanings)

Quote from The Very End :Thanks Damn, why does english have so retardingly (lol) words?

That's what I've been wondering my whole life!

Ai's setups
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG