The online racing simulator
Babysitting
(20 posts, started )
Babysitting
This weekend I decided my nephew was big enough to have a go with LFS, but I had to prop up the pedals a bit for him. He's four.

He's very easily distracted by tyre walls - it's difficult to get him around a corner when there are tyres to be knocked down, and he practically wets himself laughing at tyres bouncing off into the distance and chases them to hit them again while they're bouncing - the ultimate thrill.

But, auto gearbox and auto clutch, we did manage a few complete laps. He picked the cars:

SO Sprint 2 / FO8
AS1 / XRR
FE1 / LX4 (takes after his uncle!)
BL2 / XFG (screenie 2)
AS6 / RAC - Yes, a complete lap of Aston North in the RaceAbout. He floored it on the straights too, he was badass. Spun twice.
FE Rx / RB4

Wish I'd got a time out of him for BL1.

Scawen: He said the physics were easily the best he's seen in a PC sim.
Attached images
lfs_1.jpg
lfs_2.jpg
lol...
Kev, he's faster than you.

Let him in race 2 now!
Heh I let my 4 yr old neice drive in TDU once. She surprised me O_O She floored it in a ferrari enzo on the highway and was actually dodging traffic for a while! Then... things got a bit out of control... lol
#5 - aoun
My nephews just go on the game whenever they want.. I come home with the pedals all the way close up and the wheel who knows where.. and who knows what they have done to my setups.. .

But i get into trouble because i told them not to touch it..

Why cant little kids just ask first?
On screenie 2 it's the UF1 not the XFG.
Damn! Another driver that's faster than me... great
Quote from thisnameistaken :This weekend I decided my nephew was big enough to have a go with LFS, but I had to prop up the pedals a bit for him. He's four.

He's very easily distracted by tyre walls - it's difficult to get him around a corner when there are tyres to be knocked down, and he practically wets himself laughing at tyres bouncing off into the distance and chases them to hit them again while they're bouncing - the ultimate thrill.

But, auto gearbox and auto clutch, we did manage a few complete laps. He picked the cars:

SO Sprint 2 / FO8
AS1 / XRR
FE1 / LX4 (takes after his uncle!)
BL2 / XFG (screenie 2)
AS6 / RAC - Yes, a complete lap of Aston North in the RaceAbout. He floored it on the straights too, he was badass. Spun twice.
FE Rx / RB4

Wish I'd got a time out of him for BL1.

Scawen: He said the physics were easily the best he's seen in a PC sim.

Rofl Well, as long as he enjoyed the sim When he`s grown up LFS will be S3, and he is ready to surpass the master..well..kev..lol nevermind..

And yes, lol Scawen should take the compliment
Awesome. Kev is teh cool uncle, I wish I was, uncle for starters. :P
My 7 year old girl has been racing with LFS since she was 3. She now prefers TDU because of the girl she selected to be her character. She is always clothes shopping on TDU and selects the trashiest outfits for her character. I'm always telling her, "you're not going out of the house wearing that..." LOL

But, yeah, she does love running Blackwood in the XFG on LFS. I just can't get her to use manual shift
I let my nine year old brother play LFS but he's an oval addict and insists on always racing BF1/KY1. I guess i raised him wrong.
Quote from Rappa Z :I let my nine year old brother play LFS but he's an oval addict and insists on always racing BF1/KY1. I guess i raised him wrong.

definately
My 11 year old sister tried KV2 national

She ectualy got like 1,53 in XFR
not bad actualy
Quote from Rappa Z :I let my nine year old brother play LFS but he's an oval addict and insists on always racing BF1/KY1. I guess i raised him wrong.

U raised him just fine...oval/BF1 is the perfect combo for nine year olds, either physically or mentally. Im sure once he turns ten or eleven he will prefer real tracks.
Quote from Taavi(EST) :On screenie 2 it's the UF1 not the XFG.

Ah, sorry - I wasn't taking the pictures. Actually I tried to put him in the UF1 first but he wanted to drive the FO8. Typical noob.
Hey, atleast he didn't pick the BF1.
I wonder what would have happened with a G25 set at max ffb...
Nice to see another racer growing up!
Quote from aoun :My nephews just go on the game whenever they want.. I come home with the pedals all the way close up and the wheel who knows where.. and who knows what they have done to my setups.. .

But i get into trouble because i told them not to touch it..

Why cant little kids just ask first?

Damn punk kids :geezer: Perhaps password your login and set another one up for kids with its own LFS folder? A friend of mine shared his PC in a house once and had to do something similar (he partitioned as well) to prevent everyone filling his HD with smileys, screensavers and pr0n (and of course the associated annoy-ware).
Quote from Fabri91 :I wonder what would have happened with a G25 set at max ffb...

Oh god. All i can imagine is the kid hanging on for dear life as the wheel flings him about like a rag doll
I always let my 8 year old cousin play on my PC whenever he comes round. Atm, his favourite is "crashday". He just loves that game
Im yet to try him on LFS, but he has played on GTR2 before in a murcialago. He failed .

Btw kev, you seem like a call uncle Your nephew is lucky.
Quote from mrodgers :But, yeah, she does love running Blackwood in the XFG on LFS. I just can't get her to use manual shift

congratulations youve raised true americans

Babysitting
(20 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG