The online racing simulator
LFS Swiss Karting Event 2008
(16 posts, closed, started )
As i read today about the UK guys on here making again a Karting Event i decided to try the same for our Swiss guys on this forum.

The event will take place at the Karting track in Lyss.

http://www.kartbahnlyss.ch

Price: 105.- CHF includes:

15 minutes time trial

30 minutes break and some finger food and drinks.

30 minutes racing

after that a grill party at the track:

1 steak & 1 "bratwurst", salads, beer, softdrinks

If you are interested please subscribe to this. If there are more than 10 people joining i'll organise it.

For people under 18 please apply for a pick up or for people wich will take the train i'll pick you up at the train station.

People joined the Event:

eight8acht
Polaxis
Best of luck. I'm not sure how strong the Swiss LFS community but if you never try, it will never happen.

Is there a Swiss LFS community forum about? If so, would perhaps be the more logical place to round people up.
i set up a page and forum but never got more than 30 members so after webserver crashed didnt wanted to make it again but thats nov over 3 years ago But when we get more people together and probably someone who would help me out i'll start again with lfs-switzerland

:something
Wow, that's pretty expensive. I remember our team meeting in Germany where we paid a lot less for 2 hours!
I'm interested and I hope my studies will allow me to come. So put me on the list.
What kind of carts will we race? The normal ones or the racing carts?
Troy is Swiss, isn't he? If so, and he joins, get ready to get your asses kicked! (If his LFS driving is anything to go by)

Sounds like a lot of fun, events like this. Actually I've never tried karting myself. Gotta do something about that some day.
Quote from Polaxis :Wow, that's pretty expensive. I remember our team meeting in Germany where we paid a lot less for 2 hours!
I'm interested and I hope my studies will allow me to come. So put me on the list.
What kind of carts will we race? The normal ones or the racing carts?

Yeah it's quite expensive but since we live in Switzerland we are common to it ^^ If we get more people than 15 i'lorganise something diffrent together with the manager of the kart track so if possible we will get more time or pay less.

I'll look to get the racing carts ^^
Quote from Gnomie :Troy is Swiss, isn't he? If so, and he joins, get ready to get your asses kicked! (If his LFS driving is anything to go by)

Sounds like a lot of fun, events like this. Actually I've never tried karting myself. Gotta do something about that some day.

Yeah Troy is Swiss i wrote him a PM yesterday so i'll hope he will join the event. I drive in real life better than in LFS :P SO i hope with Troy joining there wil be some more competition
*bump*
Sorry, no karting for me!
My wife and 2 kids would probably not like it very much, as it is already hard to launch LFS (using laptop and mouse of course, because anything more obvious is banned from home for the sake of peace and serenity plus it would get even more adictive with proper hardware...)
Maybe in a few years time...
Good luck though.
thx for the answer your two kids would like it to be part of it am sure and just buy your wife a new handbag and she will come with ya ^^

Btw Most of the time i play LFS with Mouse and Keyboard too. Only at home i play with G25 but most of time when am at home am partying o.O
/OT...
Kids are in fact girls and too young for karting, although I try to have them spectate a little bit of LFS from time to time to get future allies / don't tell anybody it's cunning (very) long term plan to get a wheel.

/more OT...
I have no space at home to store one more handbag, any other suggestion?
shoes? or buy her some chocolate women love chocolate and they eat them very fast so the problem of space would be solved
if your stuck for numbers, how about calling it a European LFS Karting Event & open it up to your French & German neighbors.
edit : & Austrian, almost forgot
yeah am thinking of doing this. it would be great to have more ppl but at the moment we are stuck with member ins switzerland.
This thread is closed

(16 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG