The online racing simulator
Lfs S2 / Licence Issue
(19 posts, started )
Lfs S2 / Licence Issue
Hey i recently updated my LFS to the new Y Patch but when i did that came up with a few errors had to download it again and reenter my lfs details in game... this has made my account thing have only 1 left installation how come there is a limit ???? my friend tells me that i dont need to reinstall it.. someone explain how i can get my numbers back upto 2 and how to install further updates.

write back
You get some more unlocks at the end of the week...

And why did you re install LFS?

To Install future updates, extract the update file into your LFS directory, when it says do you want to overwrite files click yes
#3 - garph
The number of unlocks gets reset every Friday. I only had to unlock it once when I updated to the new patch. But once you've updated and unlocked it should be ok, same goes for downloading a brand new copy and unlocking it.

If there wasn't a limit it could be exploited. One person could give away their details and loads of people would be able to unlock it.
Hi there,

since I don't want to start a new thread about some probably easy to answer question I want to ask since when LFS doesn't need to be unlocked again when reinstalling Windows. I just formated my harddrive and reinstalled Vista 64 Ultimate. As usually I was going to unlock LFS as I always used to, but this time it was still unlocked. Is this a new feature since patch Y or is it something not happening too often?

Greetings
Quote from Lampost22 :Hi there,

since I don't want to start a new thread about some probably easy to answer question I want to ask since when LFS doesn't need to be unlocked again when reinstalling Windows. I just formated my harddrive and reinstalled Vista 64 Ultimate. As usually I was going to unlock LFS as I always used to, but this time it was still unlocked. Is this a new feature since patch Y or is it something not happening too often?

Greetings

Not sure. I just reinstalled XP (repartitioned my Vista install for a new XP partition) this past weekend and had to unlock.
I've always had to unlock after formatting and reinstalling Windows.
Well if your pc specs are the same and operating system too than formatting and reinstalling wont lock your lfs..it never did on me even the old s1.
Everytime iv'e got rid of LFS to reinstall it again, i always have to unlock it, its the way it is i guess.

Tox
Well, a few changes were done. Maybe just minor, but I changed the position of my Sata-Plugs on the board, meaning, switching from slot3 to slot1. Also, I added another harddrive having additional 500Gb capacity. After adding the harddrive I formated and reinstalled on the exisiting HD-partition. Nothing else changed. Well, I actually don't mind not having to unlock again but I thought to have it posted here since it could have been something bigger in terms of sharing licenses or whatsoever, which is surley not meant happen.
Hello,

Well as people mensioned the unlocks get reset every friday and its so that people dont abuse it or go around unlocking it at all their friends houses.

-HELP-

I'd like to know if theres a way I could get an extra unlock for this week because this is what happened : I got a new pc, unlocked LFS, played yesterday, today I reformated to take off all the junk that comes with Dell, I unlocked again went online, realised that my speakers had an echo, I ask how to fix it and im told that I have to restart my pc, I quit lfs, restart pc, and it says im demo racer and i've used all unlocks.

Now who should I PM if I want another unlock (If its possible).

P.S : Sorry if I kinda highjacked the thread.
there are unlock limits so that if someone on the internet gets your password/username, a million people don't unlock it.
Quote from niall09 :Wait 'till tomorrow

:'( I have to practice for LFSBC lol and I just got my pc with 200 FPS !! And I cant play with it lol that sucks.
Btw do the unlocks come at 00:01 friday GMT or later on?
#14 - troy
if you desperately need an unlock you can also write an email explaining your situation. you will probably get an extra unlock then.

http://www.lfs.net/?page=mailus
Normally email victor and he should be able to help...

Or like they said above, wait til tomorrow :P

Edit: Beaten to it!
Well I sent an email to the devs Hopefully il get an answer soon

Thx for the help
-
(Cash_FLow) DELETED by Cash_FLow
Zachary Zoomy Can you give me you skin on you avatar ?
Quote from RAM0011 :Zachary Zoomy Can you give me you skin on you avatar ?

sorry, can't its a private TC skin.
Okay !

Lfs S2 / Licence Issue
(19 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG