The online racing simulator
Engine sound in spectate problem
(6 posts, started )
#1 - SamH
There seems to be a problem with the engine sound trigger with Y. Watching a particular car, the sound keeps ceasing for cars that are closer to your spectating position than the car you're watching. I first noticed it at the new SO City chicane course, but I now realise it happens in most tracks to a greater or lesser degree.

I'm having difficulty describing it, but basically it seems like the engine sound triggers are being tripped by the car you're spectating, rather than the place you're spectating from.. so if a car is out of audio range for the car you're watching, there is no sound, even when that out-of-range car is in the FOREGROUND of your spectator position, between your position and the car you're actually set to spectate.

It's very disconcerting, and a great big new bug with Y!
Do you mean that the sound seems to point to X car within X radius intead of just anything thats within the spot your viewing?
Quote from SamH :There seems to be a problem with the engine sound trigger with Y. Watching a particular car, the sound keeps ceasing for cars that are closer to your spectating position than the car you're watching.

Yep, I've noticed the same thing
(camera) ------ (car B) ------ (car A)
You are spectating car A and can't hear car B?
#5 - SamH
Quote from NotAnIllusion :(camera) ------ (car B) ------ (car A)
You are spectating car A and can't hear car B?

Yessir! I'll find an example replay..
#6 - SamH
http://www.raceauthority.com/r ... _SO6_18_Feb_2008_2038.mpr

Follow the leader in normal spectate from the start.. as the cars are away, the sound of the pack behind him is lost (though they're out of view of the camera in this example, but you know they must be there. By the 2nd lap, up the flyover ramp, you can see on the minimap that a bunch of cars are passing the point that the camera is positioned, but they're all silent. The sound of the lead car fades and you're listening to near silence when the camera is actually near the busiest part of the track.

[ed] It all still works perfectly in Shift+U

(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG