The online racing simulator
CTRA Server with XFG XRG
Hey, you got the CTRA 1 server but there are just too much fags who ruin your race. My solution would be to open a server for all racers who have a higher license than bronze just like the CTRA 1. Just with higher License than Bronze.

Is that possible? What do you think?
Quote from baSh0r :Hey, you got the CTRA 1 server but there are just too much fags who ruin your race. My solution would be to open a server for all racers who have a higher license than bronze just like the CTRA 1. Just with higher License than Bronze.

Is that possible? What do you think?

Whel i sugest a server for higher then copper so from bronze caus most noobs dont even make it to bronze

having trouble to get my bronze becaus of noobs crashin me
Its really bad to see people who are 5 laps behind you ruining all your laps because of not paying attention to blue flags. If i would report them one by one i would have 500 players. I always think of racing on CTRA but after one race my complete enthusiasm is gone and im closing lfs.
I don't think I'm a really good racer, but I love racing the XFG (specially at South City), so CTRA 1 is the place for me. But like I said, I don't think I'm that good racer, but I place high almost every race and I drive a lot of fastest laps.
Yesterday I went the wrong way, so I had to start last and was way back. I still finished third.

So yes, I'd love a XFG/XRG server with the same tracks as RACE 1, but higher licenses allowed only.
if fags are ruining your races then you should give up smoking.

Sadly though there just isn't demand for more high licences servers, race 2 & 3 are still not fully populated.

Im kinds gutted I never got around to doing the event system to give all those odd combo some mainstream usage. I gather CTRA are working on it for X2.

Aside from that, remember the purpose of race 1 is to train new drivers.
Quote from Becky Rose :

Sadly though there just isn't demand for more high licences servers, race 2 & 3 are still not fully populated.

There are always a few higher licensed drivers in the CTRA 1 server.. Maybe put up a poll..
I always have problems in this server. Many people are just too inexperienced and some just don´t care what´s going on around them. Suddenly your yellow flag ratio reaches double digits and your ratio of finished races decreases to the level where you want to throw up. But it seems like some people don´t even care. For example, yesterday I told everyone in the server that I had reported the driver who messed up our races and I got an answer: "what´s the point?" This is proof that such things happen too damn often and I guess, reports speak for themselves aswell. However, when the report reaches one of the admins, the driver in question is long gone and will probably not join the server again and this is the point where "what´s the point?" has its charm. CTRA1 is like a minefield you have to cross before reaching the highway. Having reached silver licence however doesn´t hold me back from entering CTRA1 again to have a go in the slower machines from time to time. In addition, many of my friends don´t have a silver licence yet, so this is the server to join again. Seems like an unsolvable case, but maybe something can be done.
Quote from Priitmek :I always have problems in this server. Many people are just too inexperienced and some just don´t care what´s going on around them. Suddenly your yellow flag ratio reaches double digits and your ratio of finished races decreases to the level where you want to throw up. But it seems like some people don´t even care. For example, yesterday I told everyone in the server that I had reported the driver who messed up our races and I got an answer: "what´s the point?" This is proof that such things happen too damn often and I guess, reports speak for themselves aswell. However, when the report reaches one of the admins, the driver in question is long gone and will probably not join the server again and this is the point where "what´s the point?" has its charm. CTRA1 is like a minefield you have to cross before reaching the highway. Having reached silver licence however doesn´t hold me back from entering CTRA1 again to have a go in the slower machines from time to time. In addition, many of my friends don´t have a silver licence yet, so this is the server to join again. Seems like an unsolvable case, but maybe something can be done.

The day you get silver, make sure that you are racing on Race2 or Race 3 server. The level of racing is much higher than on Race 1. And as you say, many people on Race 1 server lacks experience. And the worst thing is that they don`t get any more experience, because if the tries something different, like beeing very carefull in T1, then you sure as hell can be sure that there will be the others that will wreck you :/ Maybe it will be better with time, at least we can hope.
Quote from Priitmek :I always have problems in this server. Many people are just too inexperienced and some just don´t care what´s going on around them. Suddenly your yellow flag ratio reaches double digits and your ratio of finished races decreases to the level where you want to throw up. But it seems like some people don´t even care. For example, yesterday I told everyone in the server that I had reported the driver who messed up our races and I got an answer: "what´s the point?" This is proof that such things happen too damn often and I guess, reports speak for themselves aswell. However, when the report reaches one of the admins, the driver in question is long gone and will probably not join the server again and this is the point where "what´s the point?" has its charm. CTRA1 is like a minefield you have to cross before reaching the highway. Having reached silver licence however doesn´t hold me back from entering CTRA1 again to have a go in the slower machines from time to time. In addition, many of my friends don´t have a silver licence yet, so this is the server to join again. Seems like an unsolvable case, but maybe something can be done.

The point is that if that driver does ever try to return to the server, which over 1/2 do, they will not be allowed to enter.

And to be honest most of the reports we handle are from drivers that have raced on the server multiple days and have finished more than a few races. We rarely see drivers just joining the server and causing havoc. The majority of the time the driver has been on the server for weeks before we get even a hint of a report.
I´ll keep reporting then, if I see some wrecker.
#11 - SamH
Put it this way, with 'all those noobs wrecking you and ruining your races, time after time after time'.. to earn points in Race 1 and Single Seater 1, and get to the next licence level takes VERY LITTLE LUCK, a lot of persistence, lots of experience driving with lesser mortals, a good deal of practice avoiding accidents and no small amount of skill in getting around the track faster than the rest.

By an amazing coincidence, these are also the exact same qualities expected of drivers in higher licenced servers.

Seems to me like all is as it should be. If you're not progressing, work harder.
I don't have those problems with Race 1. There's the occasional "arrow without feathers", but they are few and far between. Everyone has to start somewhere.
Maybe it's just the times I drive at (11pm+), but I haven't come across any loose cannons at all recently.
#14 - SamH
It's not just the times you drive, NAI, I'm sure of it.

I think there's a tendency to come on the forum if someone HAS had their rear axle handed to them, to sound off about how crap everyone else in LFS is at driving. I don't have any issues with anyone feeling the need to do that.. but I think it's important to recognise it for what it is.. just venting. It doesn't mean there actually IS a problem that actually needs anything to be done about it.
I agree with you on that, the driving on the server is pretty good, especially in the front of the pack. But sometimes I'd like to race with a whole pack of good racers, instead of only 1-2-3 really good ones. And I don't mean the others drive bad, but I'm talking about the people doing slower laps.
I've had some of my best online races on Race 1. With the way that the grid system works, even if you do get spun out by someone else, just do some hotlaps, and then you'll be nearer the front for the next race. Having said that, Race 1 isnt as bad as it's said to be sometimes. Sure, there are some people who either don't respect the rules or are seemingly oblivious to them. I'll always try (from now on) and explain to someone what they've done wrong (if it wasn't obviously deliberate) and that is better, IMO, than sending a report.

So, a -1 from me. I'd rather see the current higher-tier servers populated first.
Quote from J@tko :I've had some of my best online races on Race 1. With the way that the grid system works, even if you do get spun out by someone else, just do some hotlaps, and then you'll be nearer the front for the next race. Having said that, Race 1 isnt as bad as it's said to be sometimes. Sure, there are some people who either don't respect the rules or are seemingly oblivious to them. I'll always try (from now on) and explain to someone what they've done wrong (if it wasn't obviously deliberate) and that is better, IMO, than sending a report.

So, a -1 from me. I'd rather see the current higher-tier servers populated first.

Ideally this is what we want to see. People tend to only change if there is peer pressure to do so, so LEAN ON THEM and politely tell them that they were wrong, but also make sure you have the facts correct.
Too bad some of the higher-licensed drivers doesn't have any manners at all and they doesn't understand that CTRA Race 1 is the ".. entry-level server for new CTRA-licenced drivers, and while we do expect the highest of standards we are aware that this server is where most of the learning will be done. Newcomers welcomed!" - server.

By having higher license or being faster and more experienced driver doesn't mean you can disregard the beginners.

Or atleast I hope so.
You hit the nail on the head.

You are allowed to report higher licensed drivers if they act like idiots.

Some fast guys seem to think that because someone is slower than they are then it's alright to bump him or ram him. (Just reported such a driver a few days ago.)

The slow guys have rights too. And if you are so bleeding super fast why don't you pass them when it's safe for everybody.
maybe its time CTRA created a secondary XFG/XRG server, i know it would help the fast guys out. stop this type of thread.
Quote from March Hare :You hit the nail on the head.

You are allowed to report higher licensed drivers if they act like idiots.

Some fast guys seem to think that because someone is slower than they are then it's alright to bump him or ram him. (Just reported such a driver a few days ago.)

The slow guys have rights too. And if you are so bleeding super fast why don't you pass them when it's safe for everybody.

And most slow guys think they own the road also

As was just proved now (again) on CTRA1

As much as i applaud the report system, nothing beats the old way of doing things ... having admins on the server.
Quote from Gener_AL (UK) :And most slow guys think they own the road also

How is that? It's the faster guys responsibility to make a clean pass. Not the slower guys responsibility to get off the road to let the faster guy through.

A slower guy has all the right to choose his line if he is in front.

Go read the rules.
Commenting after watching a lot of replays tonight, quite often in incidents it's the faster or the slower almost equally, it's never all the slower or all the faster driver causing incidents. Many incidents however are created by inexperience too, where a driver is either unsure of how to drive the car, track or just overall new to LFS. This is why in the higher servers, a greater level of competence is expected, because they should know better, but this isn't always the case. Then there are the % of drivers that... don't learn and require action above simple reminders.

Just remember though folks, if in doubt, $rep it out!
March, you know you want to go to MyCTRA...
I'm new with the tin tops...I've driven the open-wheelers alot...and am compitent with them...

However, trying to run on the CTRA servers is nerve-wrecking to the the least. Im not fully confident in the car...and I've caused a few wrecks because of my "open wheel habits" ... the crubs kick you out alot more in the xfg then they do in the fox...and on more than one occasion i've taken my fox line through a corner and had the curb throw me into somone...

The problem comes in the atmosphere...people are so worried about their stats that the racing is almost secondary, and the second someone causes a wreck, they get belittled insulted before you can even get an appology out. It's the lowest "skilled" server... and people should expect as much....people WILL make mistakes, you WILL get wrecked out of a race...

I think something that could help racing a bit is to lower the overall points to get to the second server...so that you can progress quicker to it, or make (like suggested) an intermediate server.
I thought the UF-BR was the "intermediate" tier. I am always looking for other bronze racers there, but I only find them in Race 1. Adding another server will make finding a good field to race with even worse.

Make incentives for Bronze to race UF-BR perhaps?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG