The online racing simulator
XFG Flaming skin
(8 posts, started )
XFG Flaming skin
im trying to make a flame sort of XFG skin, but i got the problem that it doesnt really fits

as you can see, on the front the flames arent fitting together, and id like to find out how i can do so :P
(changed colours ingame also)

this is how it looks atm
Attached images
lfs_00000006.jpg
XFG_BluePwn.jpg
Quote from Math1js :im trying to make a flame sort of XFG skin, but i got the problem that it doesnt really fits

as you can see, on the front the flames arent fitting together, and id like to find out how i can do so :P
(changed colours ingame also)

this is how it looks atm

nice
ye but it aint done yet T_T, you can see how the lines doesnt fit from the front on to the hood...
(its my 2nd skin btw )
#4 - Rish
ok, What program are you using? if your using photoshop follow the link to skinnerz kits and download the appropriate kit. Also do you have the Cmx viewer? if not get that. The kits will help with lining etc.

Trying to blend those flames from front to bonnet and sides is never gonna be an easy task, even for some of the most talented skinnerz around. Honestly i think you'd be better off working those flames onto the bonnet another way. Dont get me wrong, it would look sh1t hot if you did it but thats a lot of work (might be possible with a graphics tablet....).
bedankt
atm im using The GIMP
its the first time i ever used GIMP (dont have any experience with other editing programs as well)...
oh, and i dont got a graphics tablet ^^

-edit-
i dont have any idea about how to use CMX viewer really (couldn't find any toturail, or im just a retard and im dumb that i dont understand it?)
and, would you recommand to switch to photoshop?
thanks in advance
#7 - Rish
i use photoshop and have never used gimp, loads of people use gimp for skins and have no problems.

As for the Cmx viewer: when you make a skin save the skinfile in lfsviewer/data/skins/(prefix of appropriate car e.g XFR)_(your skin name here)

and then just keep saving over and over and over again and clicking reload to check out your progress!
he i made one the other day here it is but it not an fxg

XFG Flaming skin
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG