The online racing simulator
"Two cars" view in replays
(8 posts, started )
It would be very cool to have an option that command the camera to focus on two cars (or more) at the same time instead of one. So it would be much more interesting to watch a battle between two cars.

Its the first time Im giving a suggestion here but I made a search and Im pretty sure its the first time this idea is proposed.

Sorry for my bad english

Le Kid
Would be nice, I like the idea.

Of course, the camera would have to eventually focus on one car I think once the distance between the two would get larger. But if the cars were having a close race, yeah it would be nice have them both in view.

Besides, the whole TV Track Cameras really suck at most times, and aren't that great for watching the cars racing. Most people have suggested that the cameras don't zoom in so close to the cars, and show more in the picture. And other stuff... but I can't remember
Letting us edit the cameras would be neat.
Angle, position, field of view, target of focus, travel, etc, and movement in all of those dimensions.
#4 - P1lot
How about the focus is on one car, but pointed towards the nearest other car?
#5 - ajp71
Trying to get two cars focused on a replay sounds like more effort than it's worth (S3 stuf IMO).

Sure the cameras have a simple position and zoom points set like was mentioned above, a simple text file (like in the Papy sims) would be more than sufficent, I doubt this kind of thing would take too much time.
So far what I've seen one of the good points in rFactor is that when you look at the replay you can see the driver's name and team in its own small box on the down left. In LFS we could have the national flag in it too

Didn't find good ref pics but I guess you know what I'm talking about...
Or they could make the screen split screen, and watch each car individually. And once they are close, then you can use normal veiw. IMO it should allow for a maximum of 4 screens at once, to watch 4 different cars. Would be system heavy though.
Quote from Hyperactive :So far what I've seen one of the good points in rFactor is that when you look at the replay you can see the driver's name and team in its own small box on the down left. In LFS we could have the national flag in it too

Didn't find good ref pics but I guess you know what I'm talking about...

National flag on the result list would be cool too. It should be quite easy to do because LFSWorld has the needed info.

(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG